The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

QMCC 2010

Home Forums Archive Topics QMCC 2010

Viewing 17 posts - 137 through 153 (of 153 total)
  • Author
    moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9300

It was interesting to hear that Master Minded’s lass was more nervous than she’d ever been before..wonder if she sensed something from the horse or vice versa. Or could Ruby be a bit shook up; he’s had a couple of terrible falls today. Not taking anything away from Big Zeb, though, and it’s good to see the spoils being shared out a bit more evenly.

Participant
    • Total Posts 3777

At this very early stage, and taking into consideration Master Minded’s less than convincing effort at Cheltenham last Sunday; allied to my entrenched belief that Well Chief will never win a Champion Chase – I therefore put forward Irish trained Big Zeb to lift next year’s QMCC crown.

Oh phew… sh*£* and other exasperated noises – :( :roll:

if only I had listened to myself ! :shock: :oops:

Gambling Only Pays When You're Winning

Participant
    • Total Posts 1820

Nicholls horses????

Made me a nice few quid this winter! :lol:

• Total Posts 1217

Laying? Wonder how Kauto Star will fare on Friday!

Participant
    • Total Posts 1820

Laying? Wonder how Kauto Star will fare on Friday!

And with forecast rain tomorrow and Friday, it could certainly be interesting.

I’ll reserve proper judgement on Nicholls’ horses until after the 4.40, because he’s been sweet on Sanctuaire for weeks now.

EDIT: What about Big Bucks tomorrow – supposedly bomb proof! :roll:

Bookies must be loving it at the mo!

• Total Posts 1402

Ruby Walsh apparently reported MM wouldn’t let himself down on the ground. It sounds as though soft disappeared from the real going disciption yesterday.

• Total Posts 140

Race times yesterday suggested more good then good/soft.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Dont worry about Kauto Star, the best horses get themselves fit regardless of stable form.

Been banging on about Nicholls for months, my comments about hoping he had a poor cheltenham seem to be coming true – karma for tataniano,

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

At this very early stage, and taking into consideration Master Minded’s less than convincing effort at Cheltenham last Sunday; allied to my entrenched belief that Well Chief will never win a Champion Chase – I therefore put forward Irish trained Big Zeb to lift next year’s QMCC crown.

Oh phew… sh*£* and other exasperated noises – :( :roll:

if only I had listened to myself ! :shock: :oops:

How sick am I having said this;- "Ruby reckons Master Minded wasn’t right last year and he may well be right but why? The big question with him is has he done too much too soon? Back to his best there’s only one horse who can possibly beat him IMO and that’s Big Zeb.

Big Zeb travels every but as well as Kalahari King but he has IMO a slightly better turn of foot. Make no mistake he would have beaten Master Minded easily last April if he hadn’t walked through the second last.

He was foot perfect last time out so hopefully he’ll do the same at Chetenham. If he does I think he’ll win which has me wondering what the hell do I do now.

I’ve backed Master Minded in doubles and trebles but he run first I would love to see Ferdy win the the race cos I think he’s one of the nicest guys on the planet but my head tells me Big Zeb will win"

At least KK beat MM for 3rd which saved the bacon a litte bit.

Soft git that MM when he gets put under pressure….where’s Reet hiding ? :lol:

Participant
    • Total Posts 1820

Dont worry about Kauto Star, the best horses get themselves fit regardless of stable form.

Been banging on about Nicholls for months, my comments about hoping he had a poor cheltenham seem to be coming true – karma for tataniano,

Only joined the forum in the last couple of weeks, so what have you been saying about one of the most ‘open’ trainers? – always gives punters top news from his stable, not just about horses running on a saturday in his sat column, but also pointers for the following weeks and months.

Top bloke in my view and a pretty successful trainer :roll:

Sorry, but i’m not one for armchair punters whinging about this and that – anyone in gambling land have to take the rough with the smooth.

SharkEnergy
    • Total Posts 38

Rather than concentrate on how awesome Big Zeb was today, and that we do now actually have a 2 mile division with more than 1 top class animal – Most news stories are littered with "excuses" for Master Minded. Since when did he not go on Good Ground?

Participant
    • Total Posts 1229

Rather than concentrate on how awesome Big Zeb was today, and that we do now actually have a 2 mile division with more than 1 top class animal – Most news stories are littered with "excuses" for Master Minded. Since when did he not go on Good Ground?

Well if he doesnt go on that ground, he certainly isnt the greatest two miler of the past 30 years as some have said. It could be that in his earlier deomolitions of Voy Por et al. that he used every drop in his reserve where as horses that last longer arent that stupid. Other possibility is that he got away beating very little for a while.

SHL

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9300

Paul Nicholls has always said he is a difficult horse to train, although he has never elaborated on why that is; there was a bit of a scare about him before last years festival, I think. Horses like Kauto Star, Dessie, Moscow Flyer et al are few and far between, I guess.

Seventy Four
    Participant
    • Total Posts 155

I didn’t see the race as I was at work, but reading about it, the result does not surprise me at all.

Big Zeb has always been a horse of great talent (if somewhat indifferent jumping on occasions :shock: ),and might well have beaten Master Minded anyway at Punchestown last season but for a blunder at the last.

I simply don’t buy into this "Master Minded – wonder horse" nonsense. The press always get so carried away by just one performance and the next thing you know, the horse is touted as the best steeplechaser of all time (or at least of this century), presumably in an effort to make interesting reading and maybe attract more people to racing. The trouble is that it is difficult for some people not to get carried away by all the hype – I am sure the TV pundits do it, and when he runs, you can tell they have eyes only for him.

All I ask for is a bit of realism and to see things in perspective. No horse is invincible and so called "wonder horses" are very few and far between – they don’t just turn up every season.

Perhaps today’s result might give some a reality check,because it does need it. :wink:

fivelongdays
    Participant
    • Total Posts 693

Ouch!

My wallet took a bit of a hit with MM and TM being Not Very Good today. The only small ray of sunshine was the place bet I had on Forpadydeplasterer (does anyone else think his string of seconds is somewhat remarkable?).

I’d always had Big Zeb down as a Beef Or Salmon type – great in Ireland, rubbish over here. Oops.

Twitter=@PGHenn

So don't run, just like the others always do

Getzippy
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1152

MM joins the disappointing runs from the hotpots at this year’s festival.

Not sure there are any excuses, watching it again on C4 highlights it just looked like he found this tougher renewal too much.

Strange, when you consider his mesmeric romp a couple of years back…guess that was a race with less depth.

Zip

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Big Zeb is a class horse on his day and to beat

Forpadydeplasterer

like that only marks him down as a bit better than i thought!He deserves to be fav for next year too! I will eat my humble pie served up by Twist Magic as those who said he hates Cheltenham were proved correct! Forpady did me proud and having backed him at 10"s to place i havent lost on the race! He still has improvement in him too but more than anything he must have Good ground!

Viewing 17 posts - 137 through 153 (of 153 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.