The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Prostitution

Home Forums Lounge Prostitution

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    insomniac
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1453

Much discussion of late following the murder of the 5 Ipswich prostitutes. Does the state need to adjust the law re. prostitution?

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

Whilst I think Grasshopper’s idea is fine in principle, it could lead to terrible confusion if a punter is told to BOGOF.

non vintage
    • Total Posts 1268

Depends what the ‘one’ you get free is. If it’s notifiable, you might be better off without it…

<br>To be slightly sensible, if you try and reduce prostitution as an activity from a supply or demand angle, and somehow (amazingly) are successful, you are asking for trouble.

The majority of prostitution is driven by the drug addiction of the prostitutes – they don’t actually enjoy knobbing grim blokes and wouldn’t do it unless they ‘had’ to.

They will still need to get money, and prostitution is one of only three feasible means for the majority of them to do this. The other two are dealing drugs and stealing things.

I know which one comes with fewest knock-on impacts for most of the community, and the same people who think that clamping down on prostitution is a good idea will be the ones complaining about rampant street-based drug dealing in their parks, or spiralling burglary and violent robbery problems.

The only approach which can work is to tackle the drug issue. Free heroin/crack with a registration scheme and compulsory reduction programme may sound like the state going soft, but the benefits would be widespread…

Maxilon 5
    • Total Posts 2432

Just read the other thread on emigration. I happen to partially agree with lolly’s mate about economic immigration but not enough to make more than an ironic comment. What can I do? Riot?

But if we are forced to accept EU laws on free labour mobility, then it is about time we had some of the other laws too. Some of the good ones.

Vis a vis, it is about time we got the girls off the streets and out of the evil hands of the pimps and the drug dealers.

Mainstream the profession. Tax them. Give them access to pensions. Get them off benefits. Offer them an NVQ in customer service, (well, they do it with loathsome bouncers). Train them in management skills and how to set up a co-operative so THEY are in control of their decision making and finance.

The laws as pertaining to prostitution in this strange country of ours are antiquated and perverse.

And while I’m at it, it is about time we stopped criminalising men who cannot get their sexual needs met in any other way than through a car window transaction.

Anyway, back to the sandpit.;)

dave jay
    • Total Posts 3386

I completely agree with NV.

stevedvg
    • Total Posts 1137

Simple common sense from NV and Max, IMO.

Strange how the politicians can’t seem to bring themselves to see prostitution as a victimless crime.

… except when they’re snorting coke with expensive callgirls or bumming rent boys … but those are, of course, "mistakes", not "crimes" …

Steve

Irish Stamp
    • Total Posts 3181

Prostitution should in part be legalised, there should be organised and licensed brothels similar to the system we currently have with pubs, off licenses etc. with drug testing too.   This would help cut down the number of prostitutes using drugs and the spread of STD’s such as HIV, Hepatitis etc. whilst also cutting down the number of girls that my girlfriend see’s brought into A and E each weekend with broken ribs, jaws, eye sockets etc as they’ve been brought to the UK under false pretenses, many from Eastern Europe.  Without the customers such illegal, underground brothels would not exist.

gamble
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2728

:old: game

I believe<br>  they should remove the gum from the streets first<br>  then look at the stickey out falsey teeth

flatcapgamble.. She was in part related to the Marquis de Sade but with all the piercings it was difficult to tell which part.

Flash
    • Total Posts 1144

Prostitution IS legal isn’t it?

Flash
    • Total Posts 1144

http://www.politics.co.uk/issuebrief/do … 366674.htm

<br>Yep, as I thought, prostitution has never been illegal in the UK.

gamble
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2728

:old: crossbar

Flashing was made legal in 2005<br> (on bycicles)

lollys mate
    • Total Posts 625

Maxilon5 <br> I am glad that some of you are begining to come round to my way of thinking.<br> The only thing that I will disagree with you was the taxing them bit.<br> Do you think that someone who sells themself for a few quid, is honest enough to give the punter an invoice, charge the vat and pay the tax?<br> Personally, I think not.

I think that the only way to control it is for Madam’s to open up shops that are controlled. <br> But you will never get the slapper off the street.<br>

jilly
    • Total Posts 608

Anna Nicole Smith died yesterday aged just 39.

Make of that what you will.

R.I.P.

lollys mate
    • Total Posts 625

Your point Jilly?

jilly
    • Total Posts 608

lollypop,many women,and some men,prostitute themselves.Anna being one of the more well known ones for her marriage to that :old: oil fella.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.