The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Prix Maurice De Gheest 2020

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Prix Maurice De Gheest 2020

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2018

Paddy/Betfair the first to get a market up and they have earthlight at 11/4

Have to say I’m very tempted to have a big bet on that, only the name space blues in the entries that worries me

But will Godolphin really run him so soon after goodwood against one of their other star horses

Will wait to see if any other bookies have it priced up tomorrow, but I think that’s a potentially good value bet as if say golden horde or space blues don’t run hes a 6/4 shot

kris_kin
    Participant
    • Total Posts 77

Agree with that. 11/4 very nice price.

Edit: Have backed it now.

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2018

http://www.france-galop.com/en/racing/detail/2020/P/RTJKR2RaWTlKVHFMdzhNVE96czRtUT09

Hmmm glad I held off as space blues is still entered at this stage to my surprise

He would be an excellent e/w bet at 5/1+

Will have to see what the market looks like when the various firms start to put prices up

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5926

GOLDEN HORDE 5/1 at hills

BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7501

I can’t see all the big guys entered later today, so I’ll take a
    speculative chance on Roncey at 66/1 E/W. Would have to
    step up for this but is consistant and rarely out of the frame and
    this could cut up a bit.

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2018

Looks like all the big names are still in

BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7501

Ouch :wacko:

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2018

Space blues 6/1 e/w for me now he’s confirmed

Did me a big favour at goodwood and looked to have plenty of speed so the 6 and 1/2 furlongs for this should be right up his alley

Would be dissapointed if he’s not in the first 3 :good:

Frenchy15
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1215

I’ve been put off Space Blues by his draw now. 13/15 winners were drawn 7 or higher. The only exceptions were Favs and one of those was odds on.

There is a bit of a track bias at Deauville. With Earthlight and Golden Horde drawn high, He has a big challenge to win over probably not quite his trip.

I just felt Golden Horde ran with the choke out a little bit at Newmarket and a little bit on his own mid race, which quite possibly lost him the race. His sire Lethal Force was second in this and he must have a great chance as well, drawn next to Earthlight.

Both Space Blues and Golden Horde have good chances and 5/1 both they seem to be the value.

It’s a tricky one, because I really think Earthlight is laid out for this and 2/1 could look massive at the end for an unbeaten Grp1 winner.

He’s also 4/4 at Deauville, this is his home ground! I’m leaning towards him but can’t quite make up my mind 100% yet

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2061

Golden Horde 11-2 ew for me.
    Hopefully will advertise Oxted’s chances in the sprint cup at Haydock next month by running big.
    Earthlight deserves to be favourite based on last season but always a chance that when a horse is returning from injury the next season they may not be quite as good as they were. Space Blues is a 7f horse to me. Don’t fancy any of the others particularly.

Frenchy15
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1215

It’s probably the value shout but I’m sticking with Earthlight, just really think and hoping he’s a serious horse. Was actually likely to have been my Guineas horse at one point. Took the 15/8 left.

Mike987654
    Participant
    • Total Posts 296

Frenchy I could only get 7/4, done me well last year on the 3 times I backed him. Backed him for the 2000 at a average price of 14/1, if it wasn’t for covid he would of run. The race should of been on the 4th May I think and he got injured around the 15th. This whole season has been a nightmare because of covid.

FF I liked Space Blues but I am worried the trip is on the short side for him.

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2018

He came third in the race beaten less than a length so trip is no problem

Hes improved massively since then as well

Earthlight is far too short now for me. The 11/4 was value but he’s 7/4 best price and will likely be 11/8 soon looking at the exchange

Thats too short for a horse who’s had a setback and hasnt proved he’s as good at 3 as he was at 2

To me hes now priced up like he’s already won a group 1 this season

Maybe I shouldve had a saver on Earthlight and go straight win on space blues instead of going e/w on him but I guess we will see tomorrow

GL all

kris_kin
    Participant
    • Total Posts 77

Took the 11/4 as flagged up by FF but have cashed a little out so have a small bet now at effectively 3/1.
    Earthlight too short now considering the competition.
    Looks a cracker of a race!

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10489

Keep looking at this race and can’t get the fact that Space Blues still entered out of my head.

Charlie Appleby said that after trying him over 6f at Meydan they would draw a line through that but after his victory 10 days ago he seemed more upbeat about entering him for this race saying that horses get stronger as they get older and they were looking for a Group 1 race for him. He obviously thinks a lot of this horse who in last years race ran a terrific 3rd to Advertise with Brando (drawn 1) 2nd.
    Hoping he can overcome his bad draw with his electric turn of foot.

I don’t want to see Earthlight beaten but if there is a chink in his armour because of injury then why not bring in the best horse in your stable to keep it in the family.. :good:

Space Blues EW

Best of luck :good:
    Jac

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.