The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Prix de L’Arc de Triomphe

Home Forums Horse Racing Prix de L’Arc de Triomphe

Viewing 17 posts - 120 through 136 (of 165 total)
  • Author
    Nor1
    • Total Posts 384

Would Youm have beaten DT given another 10m?

dandan
    • Total Posts 199

Only seen the race once and had a few beers on, but would I be wrong in saying Authorized was a little keen to post and failed to settle properly in the race?

brendanr
    • Total Posts 196

brendanr – I don’t mean to sound disrespectful but you are talking complete and utter rubbish

Flash – dont mean to sound disrespectful but your opinion interests me about as much as the fact that there is a bicycle falling over in China somewhere.

"Not surprised to see the forum’s official Ballydoyle PR person respond to my post. Does the saying "everybody has a price" come to mind. "

Not surprised to see Cormack or someone edit that extremely wreckless posting….I presume you have it on authority that John Magnier or Michael Tabor (who were not in the stewards room) have offered the French stewards a reward for letting them keep the race….something which they couldnt do with the likes of Antonius Pius, Aristotle, etc.quote]"

Dear me Aidan. How old are you? What a self righteous bore you are. It’s called freedom of speech and why dont you go ahead and take me to court. Maybe Magnier can pitch some cash your way for the legal proceedings. I wont even attempt to explain the difference of those cases you mentioned. I will do you one favor though and impose a ban on myself from posting on this forum in the future.

Flash
    • Total Posts 1144

brendanr – I don’t mean to sound disrespectful but you are talking complete and utter rubbish

Flash – dont mean to sound disrespectful but your opinion interests me about as much as the fact that there is a bicycle falling over in China somewhere.

"Not surprised to see the forum’s official Ballydoyle PR person respond to my post. Does the saying "everybody has a price" come to mind. "

Not surprised to see Cormack or someone edit that extremely wreckless posting….I presume you have it on authority that John Magnier or Michael Tabor (who were not in the stewards room) have offered the French stewards a reward for letting them keep the race….something which they couldnt do with the likes of Antonius Pius, Aristotle, etc.quote]"

Dear me Aidan. How old are you? What a self righteous bore you are. It’s called freedom of speech and why dont you go ahead and take me to court. Maybe Magnier can pitch some cash your way for the legal proceedings. I wont even attempt to explain the difference of those cases you mentioned. I will do you one favor though and impose a ban on myself from posting on this forum in the future.

And you ask Aidan how old he is? :roll:

If you’re not interested in anyones opinions why post yours on a forum which is designed to create discussion?

clivex
    • Total Posts 3420

Only seen the race once and had a few beers on, but would I be wrong in saying Authorized was a little keen to post and failed to settle properly in the race?

No

Exactly how i saw it

Just wasnt himself

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Much as I love both Dylan Thomas and Kieran Fallon, I would have to say that it does seem to be a sub-standard race they won today. The sp’s of the next four home just highlights the questions cast by the formbook.
    While Frankie would never be my favourite jockey, and he was way out of his ground, Authorized ran nowhere near his proper form today. Had the horse been right, I could have ridden him much closer than he finished today.

Pru

While SOF may have improved some since the Epsom Derby, I sincerely doubt it is anywhere near as much as his s/f’s suggest?
    From a stable notorious for excuses for their beaten horses, none was offered for his Derby defeat, a race in which he had every chance but was simply outpaced.
    His Irish Derby victory came against a ‘nothing’ field with the exception of Eagle Mountain, who palapably didn’t stay in the ground, and his ‘record time’ win in the Prix Niel came on lightning fast ground in a race well-known as no more than a warm-up for at least 80% of its annual contestants.
    Imo, fast times are always easier gained against limited opposition
    Up until today, I would also have said that the 2nd horse Sagara, was no better than listed class which I may have to review in the light of today’s result – but not by much? :)

Rob V
    • Total Posts 173

No

Exactly how i saw it

Just wasnt himself

I agree too.

To put it simple, Authorized had an off day and just didn’t fire. We all know that he’s a far better horse than that when he beat Dylan Thomas in the Juddmonte.
    I think there are many people who’re all too hasty to condemn him after one poor run.

I hope that Authorized will stay in training next year and redeem himself.

Prufrock
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2081

reet hard.

I just thought it was a bit odd that you were giving yourself a big pat on the back while at the same time drawing attention to the bizarre contention that Soldier of Fortune should be judged solely on his Epsom running.

If it had been me (besides not making the remark in the first place) I would have edited the original quote. :)

seabird
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2923

:lol: :lol:

Participant
    • Total Posts 3777

I hope to see Dylan Thomas lime-up in the breeders’ cup turf. Would have an outstanding chance.

Gambling Only Pays When You're Winning

andyccfc
    • Total Posts 123

Just read on Sporting Life that Dylan is being aimed at the BC Turf. Would be a great end to a brilliant career if he won that. Why dont more horses stay in training as 4 year olds instead of retiring? its so good for racing to have decent older horses instead of Authorized who has won 2 good races then sent to stud? Like someone said earlier, horses are bred to race…so race them!! Now i hope Ballydoyle keep SOF, Peeping Fawn and Excellent Art in training as it would be interesting to see how the 2 colts especially perfrom as 4 year olds…

Celtic Pride
    • Total Posts 4

Anyone think that the result of the stewards would have been different if a French horse rather than Youzain had finished second?

• Total Posts 2440

Anyone think that the result of the stewards would have been different if a French horse rather than Youzain had finished second?

Was talk that i had heard too but probably just whispers.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

reet hard.

I just thought it was a bit odd that you were giving yourself a big pat on the back while at the same time drawing attention to the bizarre contention that Soldier of Fortune should be judged solely on his Epsom running.

If it had been me (besides not making the remark in the first place) I would have edited the original quote. :)

Fair enough Pru, if you think your judgement has been vindicated by a one-paced 5th in both races, who am I to argue? :wink:

Prufrock
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2081

Reet Hard. A simple question: do you still think that Soldier of Fortune is no better a horse than he showed at Epsom?

maggsy
    • Total Posts 71

If DT goes to the USA , just remember we don’t have a good record over there and he’s had a hard season remember Dancing Brave after the Arc and that was a much better performance than DT yesterday.

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

Does anyone else subscribe to the theory that the Arc was run at an overly-strong pace? I don’t deal in sectionals greatly but would be interested if anyone has them and could judge whether this was indeed the case but the bare form of the race looks muddling.

Youmzain has never looked like anything other than a low-mid 120’s horse but seems to have improved by around 3 or 4 lb. Similarly horses that were held up way off the pace like Sagara and Getaway, both seemingly exposed as one-teen horses seem to have run to 120+ figures. For me the likes of these were somewhat flattered coming off the strong pace of which Soldier of Fortune raced closest to.

I would certainly expect him to reverse form with the third and fourth and probably the runner-up 9 times out of 10 in the future.

Viewing 17 posts - 120 through 136 (of 165 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.