The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Prix De L’Abbaye 2009

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Prix De L’Abbaye 2009

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Goldikova
    • Total Posts 1537

I know the older horses will be the order of the day here because they’re more battle hardened and have ran against better and tougher opponents, but i think Monsieur Chevalier resorting back to 5f at the lesser weight is not too shabby a price at all at 25/1. I think he will appreciate the pace so fingers crossed he runs a respectable race.

Peruvian Chief
    • Total Posts 1931

I’d have been with you up to a couple of runs ago – looks like they may have been to the well too often for me.

Zarkava
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4691

Borderlescott for me. Loves this time of year. War Artist I feel is a 6f horse, Fleeting Spirit must surely be completely shattered after her run on heavy LTO and Tax Free has been beaten by Borderlescott the last 3 times they’ve met – once at York, once at Ascot (which fair enough Tax Free doesn’t like) and once at Haydock.

The old boy for me.

AngloGerman
    • Total Posts 602

I think at this quick 5 furlongs, Monsieur Chevalier does look very tempting, and I’l probably also have a little bit each way on two international outsiders – Italian raider Black Mambazo with Frankie Dettori in the saddle and the Russian horse Atlantic Wave – he ran over 1 1/2 miles last year, and although the form has been difficult to pin down, he apparently beat Monomakh in June. The name Monomakh might not mean much to you, but he beat Bronze Cannon by 7 lengths in Moscow in July.

Darren – AngloGerman

‘The Hungarian’s going hell for leather’ – Jim McGrath

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Can’t have Fleeting Spirit over this fast ground sharp 5f, she wasn’t speedy enough last year, and I doubt she will be this.
    Monsieur Chevalier has hardly been trained for the race, and though he’ll probably be better over 5f than 6, gets himself into too much trouble anyway.
    Total Gallery showed blinding speed at Goodwood, and would surely have shaken up Kingsgate Native given the same sort of breaks. Ran too freely subsequently, but with any number of fast starters in this race, that shouldn’t be a problem, and the general 10/1 will do nicely for me.

The Ante-Post King
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

I often wonder why

Strike up the band

runs well in the Abbaye,i can only assume its because his father was French!!
    He is 75 on the machine and will need his fathers very long nose to get in front,12 for a place could be tempting though!

Tax Free

at 12 will also carry my money,coming out of box 1 he will be off like a shot on this fast ground,i just hope Fleeting will get run off her feet as i have seen how she can fly past Tax free in the past!

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8373

I’ve had a fun bet on your 100/1 Russian horse, Darren, with some money back on a non runner.

brendanr
    • Total Posts 196

I think at this quick 5 furlongs, Monsieur Chevalier does look very tempting, and I’l probably also have a little bit each way on two international outsiders – Italian raider Black Mambazo with Frankie Dettori in the saddle and the Russian horse Atlantic Wave – he ran over 1 1/2 miles last year, and although the form has been difficult to pin down, he apparently beat Monomakh in June. The name Monomakh might not mean much to you, but he beat Bronze Cannon by 7 lengths in Moscow in July.

Darren – AngloGerman

‘The Hungarian’s going hell for leather’ – Jim McGrath

If that Russian horse is sighted than I’ll give this game a swerve for a bit. I do like the Italian raider but the one for me is War Artist. Horse I followed over the cliff last year and every time I’d find something to hang onto before taking the final plunge. Has come good for me this year his payout at Baden Baden being my biggest of the year. Won again in France at this track and am hoping for the trifecta. His best from last year is good enough for this average crew. The rebooking of Peslier is a big plus as well. Would have preferred if Pricewise had not put this one up.

brendanr
    • Total Posts 196

Nice one RH. Hope you looked at the option of betting on the pmu, a bit bigger price there. War Artist ran a good race just tapped a bit at a crucial stage.

Zarkava
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4691

Well that’s the first robbery of the day…

AngloGerman
    • Total Posts 602

I’ve had a fun bet on your 100/1 Russian horse, Darren, with some money back on a non runner.

AAAARRRGGGGHHHH!!!! Sorry!!!!

The poor thing looked totally outpaced, didn’t he? He was right at the back with the Czech horse and never even got close – a bit of a cultue shock for him I guess. Mind you, I’ve since found out that, apparently, that was his first ever run on grass!!

Darren – AngloGerman

NEW WEBSITE – ANGLO GERMAN RACING
    http://www.anglogermanracing.com

Goldikova
    • Total Posts 1537

I only watched the race once so kept my eye on Monsieur Chevalier. I feel he might need the extra furlong as he was cutting through the field nicely and ran out of distance. A good performance.

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

5f, strong pace and blinkers would be the ideal combination for Monsieur Chevalier.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.