The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Prix de la Foret 2023

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Prix de la Foret 2023

Viewing 13 posts - 18 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8933

Guyon did have the whip in the wrong hand but he was travelling all over Kinross.

I think Dettori will be very fortunate to get the race in the stewards room, especially after he gave his horse a moderate ride.

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6657

Dettori did absolutely nothing wrong on kinross cork

The horse simply didn’t travel as well as normal today

From stall 2 what else could frankie have done?

He’s produced him to win the race but got cut across

He’s then pulled him out and gone again and been beat half a length

Absolutely no fault on dettoris part

The draw, the horse not travelling and guyons race riding got him beat not frankie

Participant
    • Total Posts 8933

Agree LD. This is why Mr Davies is right to use the mute button. The sheer rubbish the SSR panel talked was embarrassing, just because they wanted to work themselves up into a frenzy over Frankie’s Last Ride Longchamp being a winner.

The French stewards should have told Dettori to get lost.

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6657

Result stands as expected

Bookies saved in the stewards room from paying all the mug multis on the favs that will have been rolling on to kinross

Participant
    • Total Posts 16970

Money talks eh Ruby💰💰…bad look though the winning jockey showed no consideration to others.
    I didnt get the chance to watch replays so didn’t get see what Frankie did..watching on Paddy Power they cut the feed.

I was also annoyed with Richard Hoiles calling the brilliantly named Shoukdvebeenaring..Should Have Been Airing :wacko: this is the 2nd race he’s called it that ..

Richard..the horse was an engagement present it replaced a ring..we’re not talking about pants on the line. ;-)
    Rant over (until the next time.. :wacko: )
    Jac

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    GM23
    Participant
    • Total Posts 519

Dettori has ridden an absolute stinker on Kinross whatever the stewards decide. Flew out of the stalls and what possessed him to give up his position on this fast ground, I don’t know.

Kelina was a huge pull out for me after a poor weekend. Had her at 20’s win and 7s without Kinross. Her beating of Sauterne on good ground 2 runs back really stood out.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8933

I think it was a moderate ride, GM. Not an absolute stinker.

Assuming Dettori did object, it looks like the stewards did tell him to get lost going on the amount of time it took to declare the result official.

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6657

Kinross isn’t a prominent runner GM

He was never going to sit that close to the pace

worzelwaywardlad
    Participant
    • Total Posts 204

Spot on LD. If the roles were reversed Weaver would be saying “it’s a Group One race, you don’t give an inch to your opponent, it’s race riding” etcetera.

Participant
    • Total Posts 4170

Agree with you, Jac about Guyon and Hoiles. Poor from both of them and never expect horses from French high-profile owners to be disqualified. Everything goes under the carpet whether we like it or not. Drugs in French Racing doesn’t seem to be mentioned at all.

LD73
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3142

Truth of the matter is that Kinross on that ground didn’t have the tactical speed at a crucial part of the race (off the home turn), so I don’t think Dettori rode a bad race in that he was already well off the bridle before they turned in and the cutaway section took effect.

Had he been quick enough to get upside the winner at that stage of the race then I think he might well have won by a similar distance to what he has been beaten…slightly unlucky but not a great deal more Dettori could have done on a horse that couldn’t pick up when Dettori wanted (and really needed) him to….and for me that was purely due to the much faster ground.

Yes Guyon should have changed his whip from his left to his right hand as the horse was clearly (seeing her head carriage) hanging right slightly and many would say it was rather cynical not to do that but I would imagine that many jockeys (Dettori included) have got away with that exact type of race riding move in the past many times over without consequence.

Fortunate for Guyon but not so much for Dettori.

Participant
    • Total Posts 19

ExRubyLight, that’s his traditional celebration and he surely didn’t stick his fingers to his a** like Soumillon did at Ascot years ago.

Participant
    • Total Posts 4170

Thanks for the explanation, bar. I thought he was pretty close of doing that and he must have shouted something to Frankie, I guess. Lanfranco didn’t look that happy as they went past the post. As far as I know it was Frankie who lodged the appeal against Guyon, not Ralph Beckett and not the Stewards.

Anyway, he deserved to keep it (the race), but could have acted in a more proper way.

Viewing 13 posts - 18 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.