The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Arc 2012

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Arc 2012

Viewing 17 posts - 154 through 170 (of 264 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 647

Hills and Bet365 now have Great Heavens back in their markets, could she be supplemented?

Hammy
    • Total Posts 516

Camelot’s inclusion is the best news I’ve heard all week! If he runs up to his Derby form I think he’ll win the race comfortably.

The only downside is that if he does his detractors will no doubt be saying it is because of the absence of Danedream, Snow Fairy and Nathaniel. I think at his best he’d have won the race anyway.

Now we’ll see I guess.

Hammy
    • Total Posts 516

Mind you I’ll be cursing my luck if Teddy and the Prince now decide that the chance to rout Camelot is too good to miss and they give Ascot a swerve… :D

• Total Posts 59

Mind you I’ll be cursing my luck if Teddy and the Prince now decide that the chance to rout Camelot is too good to miss and they give Ascot a swerve… :D

Never gonna happen, if without Camelot they were not going they definatley not going with Camelot in the mix.

having said that I’d expect Frankel to win just they want to make sure he remains undefeated which is a shame on the horse in my opinion.

Hammy
    • Total Posts 516

Never gonna happen, if without Camelot they were not going they definatley not going with Camelot in the mix.

having said that I’d expect Frankel to win just they want to make sure he remains undefeated which is a shame on the horse in my opinion.

Do I really need to point out that my comment was meant in jest?

Even so, I cannot believe anybody could seriously think that Camelot would represent a threat to Frankel, even over 12 furlongs, but of course you are entitled to your opinion.

• Total Posts 59

Do I really need to point out that my comment was meant in jest?

Even so, I cannot believe anybody could seriously think that Camelot would represent a threat to Frankel, even over 12 furlongs, but of course you are entitled to your opinion.

I jumped on your comment meant as a jest cos I feel Frankel should be there!

Well then in your opinion why don`t they give Frankel the chance to add the Arc to his resume, argualbly the biggest flat race in europe wouldn`t you agree? Just trying to figure a valid reason why they wouldn`t add that to the list of victories, but of course Camelot is not the only horse he will need to beat.

Hammy
    • Total Posts 516

I jumped on your comment meant as a jest cos I feel Frankel should be there!

Well then in your opinion why don`t they give Frankel the chance to add the Arc to his resume, argualbly the biggest flat race in europe wouldn`t you agree? Just trying to figure a valid reason why they wouldn`t add that to the list of victories, but of course Camelot is not the only horse he will need to beat.

Ah I see, my apologies then.

In my own uninformed opinion I do believe that Frankel would both get the 12 furlong trip and win the Arc cosily. I don’t believe there is a horse in existence that could give him a race over that distance tbh. However I’m just an armchair punter (And a poor one at that.) and my opinion counts for nothing against that of Sir Henry Cecil. Sir Henry either doesn’t believe his colt is guaranteed to get the mile and a half, or doesn’t wish to risk him in what is traditionally a rough race for English horses.

And of course the great trainer is likely to be unable to travel overseas in his present state of health, and who would begrudge him the opportunity to saddle his best ever horse in his final race?

• Total Posts 1533

Camelot’s inclusion is the best news I’ve heard all week! If he runs up to his Derby form I think he’ll win the race comfortably.

The only downside is that if he does his detractors will no doubt be saying it is because of the absence of Danedream, Snow Fairy and Nathaniel. I think at his best he’d have won the race anyway.

Now we’ll see I guess.

I’d honestly wait till he’s in the stalls before putting a penny on Camelot or you could end up losing money or just getting your stake back.

The ground looks like it could be testing with Rain forecast every day between now and Saturday.

These horse he will meet are far superior to Born To Sea and we all know how difficult he found the Irish Derby to win on testing ground.

I’m surprised Aiden hasn’t said he’ll run unless the ground is too soft after the fuss he kicked up when expaining his poor performance in Ireland.

I was going to lay off Orfevre for a good profit but the ground is the single most important factor in any race and I reckon he’ll go on anything whereas most others wont so I am sticking with him and Sea Moon who should love conditions.

Hammy
    • Total Posts 516

Now we’ll see I guess.

I’d honestly wait till he’s in the stalls before putting a penny on Camelot or you could end up losing money or just getting your stake back.

The ground looks like it could be testing with Rain forecast every day between now and Saturday.

These horse he will meet are far superior to Born To Sea and we all know how difficult he found the Irish Derby to win on testing ground.

I’m surprised Aiden hasn’t said he’ll run unless the ground is too soft after the fuss he kicked up when expaining his poor performance in Ireland.

I was going to lay off Orfevre for a good profit but the ground is the single most important factor in any race and I reckon he’ll go on anything whereas most others wont so I am sticking with him and Sea Moon who should love conditions.

Thanks HGM, but I hadn’t given the idea of backing him much thought. 100/30 isn’t really my kind of price, at least not in a race and on a horse where there are so many questions. I suspect he will win the race cosily if he runs. (Taking onboard your valid point that the ground is of primary importance.) However there does seem to be a big threat in the shape of the Japanese horse. And I think one has to consider that Camelot may have ‘gone over’, given his defeat at Doncaster.

It is a race I will watch (Albeit the replay.) with interest but not one I’m likely to risk my hard earned on.

I would love to see Camelot win it though. :)

Peruvian Chief
    • Total Posts 1931

After riding Scorpion he stated he’d never ride again for Coolmore.

Frankie and Godolphin are clearly finished.

Hammy
    • Total Posts 516

After riding Scorpion he stated he’d never ride again for Coolmore.

Frankie and Godolphin are clearly finished.

I had the same thought. Didn’t he get roasted by the arabs for riding one for another stable once before?

• Total Posts 1533

You better tell Frankie that he has a problem as he keeps riding their horses.

My understanding of the situation is Frankie has not split with Godolphin and he’s not going anywhere.

They have always had a fantastic relationship and Frankie is staying there while they nurture their young jockeys.Frankie will remain number 1 for most of the important rides until such time Godolphin and Frankie feel all corners are covered then he will retire.

Last thing Frankie wants at his age is a new job. AOB booking him speaks volumes about the man and he’s long way off dead when it comes to riding in top class races.

Coggy
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1374

I think that Frankie’s time is certainly coming to an end with Godolphin, and wouldn’t be remotely surprised if he retired if he wins on Camelot.
    Personally thought that he was a better P.R. exercise for racing, than he ever was as a jockey.
    An intriguing twist would be if he was installed as the new stable jockey at Ballydoyle !
    Imagine the Coolmore : Godolphin rivalry then.

Peruvian Chief
    • Total Posts 1931

You better tell Frankie that he has a problem as he keeps riding their horses.

My understanding of the situation is Frankie has not split with Godolphin and he’s not going anywhere.

They have always had a fantastic relationship and Frankie is staying there while they nurture their young jockeys.Frankie will remain number 1 for most of the important rides until such time Godolphin and Frankie feel all corners are covered then he will retire.

Last thing Frankie wants at his age is a new job. AOB booking him speaks volumes about the man and he’s long way off dead when it comes to riding in top class races.

Did you miss the fallout of Scorpions Leger win?

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7869

I took the 14s for GREAT HEAVENS i hope she gets supplemented she love these conditions as well.

wordfromthewise
    Participant
    • Total Posts 478

You would really fancy Camelot with a top class experienced jockey on but it’s such a shame that the ground will be all wrong for him based on his Irish Derby performance.

As for Frankie,he should make a break from Godolphin and go freelance…..he would be much in demand and it would be better than the current humiliating situation where he can’t know if he’s coming or going.

del_boy
    • Total Posts 386

Now we’ll see I guess.

Thanks HGM, but I hadn’t given the idea of backing him much thought. 100/30 isn’t really my kind of price, at least not in a race and on a horse where there are so many questions. I suspect he will win the race cosily if he runs. (Taking onboard your valid point that the ground is of primary importance.) However there does seem to be a big threat in the shape of the Japanese horse. And I think one has to consider that Camelot may have ‘gone over’, given his defeat at Doncaster.

It is a race I will watch (Albeit the replay.) with interest but not one I’m likely to risk my hard earned on.

I would love to see Camelot win it though. :)

What kind of price are you expecting?!! He did still win the guineas and derby!!

3/1 – 7/2 seems ok to me. it wasn’t as if he was tailing off in the leger was it.

anybody who puts the likes of sea moon et all, with the exception of orfevre, in front of camelot, needs there head checking.

Viewing 17 posts - 154 through 170 (of 264 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.