The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Prince of Wales Stakes 15/6/2011 (Group 1)

Home Forums Archive Topics Prince of Wales Stakes 15/6/2011 (Group 1)

Viewing 8 posts - 137 through 144 (of 144 total)
  • Author
    Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

Now it transpires Canford Cliffs could be there!

"this perfect mix of poetry and destruction, this glory of rhythm, power and majesty: the undisputed champion of the world!!!"

Participant
    • Total Posts 3777

Now it transpires Canford Cliffs could be there!

I cannot see it happening. Canford Cliffs’ stamina would be tested to the very limit.

However, should Richard Hannon decide to take that chance with his star miler, then my advice to all you punters out there is…. lay, lay, lay !

Gambling Only Pays When You're Winning

Marginal Value
    Participant
    • Total Posts 703

The debate about this race is probably on its last legs by now, but just in case anyone feels in the mood for further argument, I thought I would post the Racing Post’s viewpoint. Their ratings for the race judge that:

Rewilding ran 6 pounds better than he ever had before
    So You Think ran exactly to the level of his previous best
    Sri Putra ran 1 pound below his best
    Planteur ran 9 pounds below his best
    Twice Over ran 31 pounds below his best.

I reckon the conclusion is that Rewilding and So You Think are two top class racehorses.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

So You Think didn’t last home, so how he’s judged to have run to his previous best is bewildering. Sri Putra needs fast ground to show his best and it was no better than good on the round course.
    Rewilding may have improved a couple of pounds, but he had the hardest race of his life to achieve it. On the bare form, he still has 3 or 4 lbs to find to equal Workforce’s Arc win (imo), which assumes the latter hasn’t improved since, which I would find surprising, (nay, unbelievable).

andyod
    • Total Posts 4012

His previous best would not be good enough to beat Rewilding I guess!

andyod
    • Total Posts 4012

Incidentally the riding of Zoffany and So You Think points out the difference between Moore and Dettori. On each occasion Moore rode a losing race while Frankie rode a winning one on Rewilding.Moore came too late on Zoffany and too soon on So You Think.Frankie judged it to perfection on Rewilding.

• Total Posts 629

‘For Me’ this race might have thrown up a few things/truths…? :arrow:

I’m not sure that RM went too soon – after all the ‘Duke’ was able to do the same manoeuvre ‘Dylan’ did also at a later date…

does getting beat that close really mean that he didn’t stay? Or was our style of racing as much of a shock to the system to him as it was ‘Plantr’?

Maybe best to believe AoB that he had left him short?? :idea:

I wasn’t there – did anyone hear him blow afterwards the way ‘Frankel’ did after the Greenham?

Even his run in the cup didn’t scream non stayer to me – just beat by one or two better!

And there the alarm bells should have been starting to ring – that he was beaten by ‘Americain’ – a good horse indeed with conditions to suit – but a world beater? Will they go back to 1m 4f? :o

Also the weight – when does it matter can we really pick and choose to suit when looking for an excuse in defeat? – SYT carried top & gave – ‘Ameri’ 3lbs? – but when the jock of ‘Goldi goes 2 over it doesn’t make a difference!
    What bookies love the unlucky horse story!

One thing – it looks like ‘Plantuer’ could be a Longchamps horse (Hong Kong not good enough, Chantilly the same) that may have been flattered by his win over ‘Rewilding’ first time out (even ‘Pour Moi’ lost on his first outing of the season) – diff reasons…

‘Rewilding’ was underestimated – it was likely that he was going to reverse with ‘Plantr’ over further – though we never got to see due to him being labled a Dony type! :shock:
    Had he of been prepped the way this year’s Derby winner was i.e. the Greff instead of the Cocked Hat – space between races etc… then he may of gotten closer at Epsom… had he of run in the Arc who knows!!

the Eclipse should be revealing… 8)

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

"Mr.Wilson" wrote: So You Think most overated thing I’ve seen in some time.

Will take this on any day of the week with the right opposition!

Can’t wait to see this horse crumble when put in a race of some quality, a lot of humble pie will be served!

Help yourself :wink:

Viewing 8 posts - 137 through 144 (of 144 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.