The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Prince of Wales Stakes 15/6/2011 (Group 1)

Home Forums Archive Topics Prince of Wales Stakes 15/6/2011 (Group 1)

Viewing 17 posts - 52 through 68 (of 144 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4691

And another boost today to the form with Announce finishing 2nd to Cirrus des Aigles, beaten a neck by Goldikova. She was comfortably pushed to one side by Sarafina the other day, beaten by Planteur in the Ganay.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Well it is only 2 days to prove Planteur wont get near SYT and maybe SYT will have to win his next start to prove that they dont have ‘good races for Australia’ ie Cox Plate.Finally the penny will drop that these are world class.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

On English turf, and on a course that is vastly stiffer than Moonee Valley, SYT faces a totally different test to anything he has experienced thus far.
    His speed and his class should carry him through, but how he finishes the race will probably determine whether we ever see him in a King George or an Arc.
    My bet would be that we won’t.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

I dont think Ascot will pose any threats to SYT,the best horse in the world tag will sit with him when he meets a good field.He has been beating better horses than Planteur in Melbourne,as the ever widening margin will show. As for quality of the Australian middle distance races and horses when is some evidence going to be produced? You would have hardly had a middle distance horse from Australia run in England let alone some of the past greats and some champions from here.

Presto
    • Total Posts 315

He has been beating better horses than Planteur in Melbourne,as the ever widening margin will show. As for quality of the Australian middle distance races and horses when is some evidence going to be produced? You would have hardly had a middle distance horse from Australia run in England let alone some of the past greats and some champions from here.

SYT hasn’t beaten a horse better than Planteur over 10f, that’s utterly ridiculous…
    Planteur is a better animal this year running over his favorite trip 10f. Zipping got closest to SYT over 10f, and no disrespect to him but nobody would pick him to beat Planteur. Planteur is (outside of SYT) the best 10f horse on the planet right now on proven form.

Planteur beat Sarafina 1L with something in hand, and Cirrus Des Aigles 1L further back in a true run race. Sarafina proved herself to be around the level of Workforce when unlucky in the Arc, and she’s as good at 10f as 12f. Then Cirrus Des Aigles almost ran down Goldikova over 9f. Announce cements the form through Sarafina and Cirrus Des Aigles.

Aussie middle distance horses are solid but any Aussie in the business would agree that the Europeans are better. Still expect SYT to win impressively.

Avatar photoRubyisgodinthesaddle
    • Total Posts 1150

I expect this horse currently 4/9 as we speak into 1/3 or even 1/4. They will pile into this :wink:

Participant
    • Total Posts 139

10/04/2011 Longchamp (FR) Planteur (IRE) 92
    30/04/2011 Longchamp (FR) Planteur (IRE) 103
    02/05/2011 Curragh (IRE) So You Think (NZ) 33
    22/05/2011 Curragh (IRE) So You Think (NZ) 57

Above are my ratings for Planteur and So You Think

I would like to see SYT do a a good time on the clock before I back him at the available odds. I think he is worth taking on at 4’1 Planteur has got to be a good bet!!! comments welcome.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

As i said ‘Presto’ there is no evidence to suggest that, as the Aussie middle distance horses have not ventured to England,so dont give me European horses v European horses to work out Australian form! The margin will tell the story if they want to let SYT go.So maybe before saying my comment is ridiculous you should have waited instead of eating humpie pie later,and i am in ‘the business’.Planteur is a quality horse no doubt but SYT will make him look 2nd rate.

• Total Posts 1046

Guess he was eminently beatable and a daft price :mrgreen:

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Just delivering some much deserved

http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/humble_pie.jpg

Thanks for all those who kept punting the hype horse of the century, I just couldn’t stop laying! I hope JJM has a house to sleep in tonight unlucky fella arrogance never did anyone any favours.

Eat well kids.

• Total Posts 1415

So You Think is a very good horse but its a completely different ball game when horses race in Europe there is no stronger racing anywhere in the world. Good he is, very good but he’s no all time great.

He had no excuses today, Matt Chapman was going on about Jan Vermeer missing the break but any stronger pace would’ve only suited Rewilding more anyway.

Fantastic race.

Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

I think things transpired against So You Think today. Still a magnificent animal. Pulled early on which led to Master O’Brien rushing Jan Vermeer up and round the field, right thing to do but then going too fast and ignored by the rest. Moore possibly then going a little too soon in what was already a fast run race (broke the new track record) on ground not that firm. Made it in to a stamina test and played in to the hands of Rewilding who’s a stayer at the trip. Similar (although not to the same degree) to Frankel, I’d like to see the sectionals.

Not that I am complaining, having 18/1 Rewilding. :D

Rewilding has been very much underestimated. Didn’t act when 3rd in the Derby. Won Voltigeur in terrific fashion with a Group 1 class performance in a Group 2. Then bombed out in the St Leger. He needs a long time between races (best fresh). Had plenty of time between Sheema Classic and today. Hope he recovers in time for the King George and a clash with Workforce.

Value Is Everything
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

No humble pie needed Mr Wilson and Ian saying SYT had no excuses.The winner was very good and thanks to a complete balls up by AOB (we will put in a pace maker this will help the winner,we will take off before the corner and leave ourselves a sitting shot) and the pace maker couldnt even get to the corner.Then he says he had the horse underdone for it.Poor ride but maybe to instructions,correct me if i am wrong but was the pace maker that led Frankel trained by Cecil as well? If so the mind boggles why these quality trainers would use pace makers and make it harder to win and balls it right up.Having said that Rewilding was very good,if you watched both horse they were really stretching out and the perfect ride by Dettori.I will confidantly back SYT next start with the run under his belt,with decent tactics and a decent ride.

Participant
    • Total Posts 350

Dear Mr Bart Cummings,

Would you say that Rewilding is worth half a crown now :lol:

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

The "best horse he’s ever trained" with 2 runs under his belt, the latest only 3 weeks ago, shouldn’t really lack for fitness, and it’s hard to believe that it’s not AOB selling the horse as better than the result showed (An art he is a past master at, Bungarra).
    For mine, the horse ran out of stamina against the stronger stayer, and though he’s clearly a high class horse and will undoubtedly win other top 10f races when faced with less testing circumstances, we’ll never see him over the 12f of a King George or an Arc, which will tell us much more about him than his trainer ever would.
    The proximity of the 66/1 Sri Putra in 3rd gives a guide to the worth of the form as a whole, and I can’t ever see Rewilding being a threat to Workforce, either.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

The way Rewilding finished the race off i cant think of another horse that went for home that far out like SYT did when the pace had been so quick and still would have won over the 10f there.Well yes he should have been fit,but he didnt have to do much in the first 2 wins so maybe he misjudged it a bit,every trainer has at times.I dont doubt for a minute with smart tactics that he will have a problem with 12f,he had to do it tough,so no disgrace to go down.I think the real find is Rewilding,look what they did to Planteur,Twice Over and co,probably deserves to be just about Arc fav on that.I do dislike the use of pace makers though,christ what happened to tactics! Even though i think it was a stuff up by AOB,he is a quality trainer and i for one respect him for having the guts to say he made a mistake.Well it wont be long before we see if the fitness improvement is there like AOB suggests.Though the big worry there is that apparantly the Sheik tells his trainer how to work it and how to feed it,he may as well get his own licence!Whoever did the work had him cherry ripe on the day no doubt.

Avatar photoRubyisgodinthesaddle
    • Total Posts 1150

A complete and utter Mess up by Coolmore tactics…the son on the pacemaker and then using the wrong pacemaker. Disaster :roll: :roll:

Viewing 17 posts - 52 through 68 (of 144 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.