The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Prince of Wales Stakes 15/6/2011 (Group 1)

Home Forums Archive Topics Prince of Wales Stakes 15/6/2011 (Group 1)

Viewing 17 posts - 18 through 34 (of 144 total)
  • Author
    • Total Posts 1046

There’s no doubt at all that So YOu Think is top class.

The question is whether the race will suit Planteur’s quicken and pounce style..allowing him to nut SYT on the line..

• Total Posts 174

I agree that SYT is a top horse, but the disparity in pricing between him and Planteur doesn’t seem right. Bookmakers often shorten a runner simply because it is an AOB horse, and are often absurdly long on quality French horses.

Personally can’t decide between SYT & Planteur, both seem excellent and spot-on for this race, but if I were betting on the race, only one of these horses has value.

Participant
    • Total Posts 4691

Have had £200EW on Planteur at 7/2, 1/4 1-2-3. There’s absolutely no chance of him being outside the top 3 and has a big chance of beating So You Think, I really believe that. It’s worth losing £50 if he finishes 2nd by a neck, at least he’ll give him a race.

Participant
    • Total Posts 443

Have had £200EW on Planteur at 7/2, 1/4 1-2-3. There’s absolutely no chance of him being outside the top 3 and has a big chance of beating So You Think, I really believe that. It’s worth losing £50 if he finishes 2nd by a neck, at least he’ll give him a race.

I was just about to do something similar but for a little less money.

Only its antepost and 7/2 ew antepost is one of the stupidest things I can think of doing. Thats no reflection on you Zark. Its a good bet if NRNB but imagine tomorrow you heard Planteur had a knock or on the way over here….7/2 each way…..I’d be sick

Participant
    • Total Posts 2034

All you people taking on So You Think are absolute fools and do not have a clue.

Participant
    • Total Posts 443

All you people taking on So You Think are absolute fools and do not have a clue.

Steady on there "JJMSports", don’t get your knickers in a twist. Its a discussion forum not a "agree with JJMSports or get slated" forum.

Participant
    • Total Posts 4691

Steady on there "JJMSports", don’t get your knickers in a twist. Its a discussion forum not a "agree with JJMSports or get slated" forum.

Jesus, chill JJM. So sorry for wishing to oppose a horse who’s completely untested against proper European horses at 1/2. Halifax played a rugby game yesterday. They were 1/200 pre-game to win and their handicap was -34. Half-time/full-time was 1/12. They finally got the winning points they needed in the 75th minute. Ok, they won, but goes to show you that nothing is a certainty. That could easily have finished a tie.

I was just about to do something similar but for a little less money.

Only its antepost and 7/2 ew antepost is one of the stupidest things I can think of doing. Thats no reflection on you Zark. Its a good bet if NRNB but imagine tomorrow you heard Planteur had a knock or on the way over here….7/2 each way…..I’d be sick

Well I did the bet now for a reason – 1-2-3 each-way terms. I do the bet now, I run the risk of him getting injured on the way over. I do the bet on Monday or Tuesday, I don’t get 1-2-3, only 1-2.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2034

Apologies. I myself rate the horse better than Frankel, but he does not seem to generate the hype, interest, nor plaudits, and I am somewhat bitter in all honesty. Sounds ridiculous but true.

Anyway, he will beat Planteur by 5 lengths, the pacemaker will set a good gallop and he will just blitz them two out.

• Total Posts 1046

You completely lack perspective JJM, a dangerous way to bet/see races…I backed SYT on 24 october 2009 and have loved him ever since, i think he’s a superb animal. Around Ascot and down its short straight, he might not get Planteur off the bridle until it’s too late. Hopefully you don’t reach for the rope if Planty edges past him :mrgreen:

racinglover
    • Total Posts 32

I think it’s a decent bet, already took him myself on an aussie site (it’s already NR/NB on there). Took him with Frankel (also NR/NB) and got relatively close to evens (1.86). For me it’s the bet of the carnival, gonna be dissapointed (for reasons more than money) if SYT doesn’t hold up his leg of the bet :p

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

SYT wont have any problems getting around Ascot,his 2 Cox Plate wins at Moonee Valley which is about 9f in circumference and has a straight short of 1f. Has either raced 1st or 2nd in the run in those 2 wins.

• Total Posts 1046

the point about the track is it suits planteur’s quickening turn of foot down to the ground. SYT is more of a lengthener/galloper. He won’t shrug off Planty by the bend like he was doing to the oppo in Oz, planty’s jock will be stock still at that point

racinglover
    • Total Posts 32

did you really just say syt doesn’t have a quick turn of foot, or did i misread?

• Total Posts 1046

correct
    he cannot quicken like planteur can
    SYT is a top notch galloper, even bart said that was obvious

amazed that some people are reading names and not how the race will shape up

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

correct
    he cannot quicken like planteur can
    SYT is a top notch galloper, even bart said that was obvious

amazed that some people are reading names and not how the race will shape up

As stated before SYT 3 starts at 7f for 2 wins and a nose 2nd,one of the wins was the group 2 Memsie,he has a very high cruising speed and a great turn of foot.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

I agree,

It’s Royal Ascot time and the bookmakers have got the punters where they want them, happens every year.

They’ve got the people believing So You Think has done anything on these shores to deserve a 1/2 price, you have to admit they are a clever bunch.

Only horse at Royal Ascot who deserves odds on status is Frankel, oh and let me tell you this…they are also trying to make you believe that there is a "certian" double involved.

THEY know, So You Think has more to prove, more to beat than his 1/2 price says.

Of course, we’re all lead to believe this 5yo is the next best thing since sliced bread…

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Well Mr Wilson i am absolutely sure you are wrong,but forums are all about opinions.You did mention earlier that when SYT doesn’t measure up you will look forward to a lot of people eating humble pie,well i hope you are hungry:). You said that you would keep laying SYT or something similar to that,i dont suppose that you worked in the Greek finance ministry a couple of years ago???

Viewing 17 posts - 18 through 34 (of 144 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.