The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

PM question FAO Corm

Home Forums Horse Racing PM question FAO Corm

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    graysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6939

‘Evening Corm,

Can I ask whether you’re aware of any problems with the functionality of the Private Messaging service, please? I’ve attempted to send two PMs (one reasonably urgent) in the last 36 hours in exactly the same way as always, but they still seem to be stuck in the Outbox rather than have been moved to the Sentbox. That’d suggest to me that whatever regular pickup script you employ has not run as expected of late – would that be about right?

Thanks in advance for anything you can suggest on the matter, or indeed put right. Has anyone else out there have experienced similar or same?

Jeremy
    (graysonscolumn)

The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

sberry
    • Total Posts 1801

tried to send a test to you and it did the same, its stuck in the outbox

Burroughhill
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1638

That would explain why I haven’t had a reply to a PM I sent a while back.

Happy Jack
    Participant
    • Total Posts 515

I’ve had a similar problem with some PMs I’ve sent out regarding the tipping competition (including one to Corm with regards to the moderation of the Competitions forum), but I get the feeling (and I’m probably way off the mark here) that they remain in the Outbox until they are read by the receiver?

cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 8799

Mmmmm – another interesting glitch. Leave it with me.

Burroughhill
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1638

I’ve had a similar problem with some PMs I’ve sent out regarding the tipping competition (including one to Corm with regards to the moderation of the Competitions forum), but I get the feeling (and I’m probably way off the mark here) that they remain in the Outbox until they are read by the receiver?

That’s the idea, yes. It always worked that way on another forum I was on, but I know if they stayed there for a long time unread (not sure how long) they actually deleted themselves.

cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 8799

I think that is how it works – awaiting confirmation.

apracing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3105

Cormack,

Can you verify how the PM Outbox and Sentbox work – is it indeed intended to indicate when a PM has been read by the recipient?

AP

lekha85
    Participant
    • Total Posts 330

I had an email in my AOL inbox saying I had received a PM but it isn’t in my TRF Inbox – any ideas?

cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 8799

I’m attempting to clarify the workings of the pm system. Been busy but looking into it tonight.

dave jay
    • Total Posts 3386

No-one ever Pm’s me, so I don’t have a problem .. :D

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.