The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Plumpton

Home Forums Horse Racing Plumpton

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    % MAN
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5104

Watching the first race from Plumpton on ATR I will offer 1/10 it ends up being abandoned.

Never mind the wind – the surface water looks really bad – it cannot take much more rain!!!

the welsh wizard
    • Total Posts 352

Just watched it now – thought Fontwell was bad on National Spirit hurdle day 2 yrs ago but I’ve never seen anything like this….disgraceful really, makes you wonder how waterlogged it would have to be to make them abandon before racing.

MikkyMo73
    • Total Posts 1789

I see Plumpton have introduced a new jump just in front of the stands and a revolutionary way of racing.

Instead of racing on dry ground and jumping a water jump, it’s racing on water and jumping a ‘dry’ jump today :shock:

Mike

highflyer1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 213

Don’t see what’s disgraceful about it. The ground, while very wet, looks perfectly safe. The horses are finishing quite well, unlike the dreadful spectacle which we witnessed at Ayr on Saturday.

I say well done to the Plumpton management for giving the go-ahead.

yeats
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3073

Agree with Highflyer, looks very safe and the jockeys wouldn’t ride these days if it wasn’t, certainly preferable to firm ground.

Drone
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5407

It’s not very pretty, but slopping through standing water in the rain is probably less taxing on the horses than would have been the case had the rain arrived yesterday and soaked in overnight to produce the cloying mud more akin to the usual infamous ‘Plumpton heavy’

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

That is waterlogged.

graysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6965

Highflyer’s spot on. I’ve seen similar scenarios at Towcester in the last couple of years, and they’ve gone through it far better than meetings held on going with more soaked-in rainfall.

gc

The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

AngloGerman
    • Total Posts 602

That is waterlogged.

Or ‘good to soft’ as they call it at Auteuil!! :D

Darren – AngloGerman

graysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6965

:mrgreen:

gc

The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.