The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Plenilune – NR at Southwell 5.30 Thur

Home Forums Horse Racing Plenilune – NR at Southwell 5.30 Thur

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

According to today’s Racing Post, Plenilune was withdrawn at Southwell yesterday, and the reason given was unsuitable ground. What was Mel Brittain expecting to happen to the fibresand between declaration and the off time?

hoofhearted
    • Total Posts 248

:D
    How lame must these excuses — offered and accepted — become before someone in authority calls "You’re ‘avin a laugh" !

Maxilon 5
    • Total Posts 2432

DJ, several people commented on how deep the fibresand was riding yesterday – including one jockey who I nebbed when they were in the winners enclosure.

I was told Robert Cowell nearly withdrew his magnificent specimen Fantasy Gladiator because of it.

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

Interesting comments Max. Though looking at the times, I wouldn’t have said it was riding notably slow.

Gerald
    • Total Posts 4293

What I find amazing is that in the States when the turf course is off because it is too soft, the race is transferred to the dirt, which is usually sloppy, and as far as I am aware the majority of entries still partake.

Grey Desire
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1921

Pulled out Mozayada for the same reason and she won there five times during the winter!
    Couldn’t self cert her I presume as she wouldn’t have been able to take up her entry at Beverley tomorrow

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.