The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Peter Carberry on Monty’s Moon, 5:30 Uttoxeter….

Home Forums Horse Racing Peter Carberry on Monty’s Moon, 5:30 Uttoxeter….

Viewing 3 posts - 52 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • Author
    % MAN
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5104

40 day ban

Very harsh on the young lad I must say.

What punishment would you suggest then – the ten day ban he received for the same offence at Sandown clearly had no deterrent effect.

• Total Posts 661

40 day ban

Very harsh on the young lad I must say.

Very harsh! For a second offence I think he has got off quite lightly; I was expecting three months.

Ok, no-one has died, but what Carberry did – along with taking the wrong course – are the absolute two worst riding offences a jockey can commit. In a sport that is always having its integrity questioned, stamping out these offences should be paramount in the ruling bodies minds.

And they will only be stamped out by handing out severe punishment to the offenders.

cjboy
    • Total Posts 127

Nobody has yet addressed the good fortune of those who won bets that might not have collected had Carberry not made his blunder. Should they give their winnings back?

No, of course they shouldn’t. It has nothing to do with them. What a strange question to pose.

Others gain from other peoples misfortune somewhere along the line in just about every scenario imaginable.

I’m just pointing out that the indignant postings on here are only one side of the coin.

Viewing 3 posts - 52 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.