The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Personality Types

Home Forums Lounge Personality Types

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    non vintage
    • Total Posts 1268

This only takes a few minutes and is just a bit of fun with a slightly revealing angle…

<br>http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes1.htm

<br>I’ll start the ball rolling.

I’m an ENTP – meaning I favour being an extraverted, intuitive, thinking perceiver.

Your Type is <br>ENTP <br>Extroverted Intuitive Thinking Perceiving <br>Strength of the preferences %  <br>78 100 62 11

Qualitative analysis of your type formula

You are:<br>very expressed extrovert<br>very expressed intuitive personality<br>distinctively expressed thinking personality<br>slightly expressed perceiving personality

<br>Once you’ve got your type sorted, you can use the second link to read about what you should/might be like.

😉 <br>

(Edited by non vintage at 9:44 am on May 1, 2006)

dave jay
    • Total Posts 3386

I’ve just shown this to my Boss (INTJ) ..

INTJs are known as the "Systems Builders" of the types, perhaps in part because they possess the unusual trait combination of imagination and reliability. Whatever system an INTJ happens to be working on is for them the equivalent of a moral cause to an INFJ; both perfectionism and disregard for authority may come into play, as INTJs can be unsparing of both themselves and the others on the project. Anyone considered to be "slacking," including superiors, will lose their respect — and will generally be made aware of this; INTJs have also been known to take it upon themselves to implement critical decisions without consulting their supervisors or co-workers. On the other hand, they do tend to be scrupulous and even-handed about recognizing the individual contributions that have gone into a project, and have a gift for seizing opportunities which others might not even notice

.. and he thought it was more or less spot on .. :biggrin:

cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 8968

I’ve done various Myers-Briggs type tests and it’s came out with the same pattern each time. I’m an INTJ, same as Dave Jay.

Adrian
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1041

I’m an ESTJ.

Extrovert 78 / Sensing 12 / Thinking 1 / Judging 56

Very expressed extrovert<br>Slightly expressed Sensing personality<br>slightly expressed thinking personality<br>Moderately expressed judging personality

I found it difficult to work out some answers based on my current, married, life, as opposed to my more care free single life.

I don’t think I’m particularly extroverted and yet I do think I judge people and situations.  

Non Vintage has met me only briefly so perhaps he hasn’t spent enough time with me to offer an opinion!

cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 8968

My scores were :

Strength of the preferences %  <br>44 75 25 11

You are:<br>moderately expressed introvert

distinctively expressed intuitive personality

moderately expressed thinking personality

slightly expressed judging personality

robnorth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5835

I’m an INTJ

<br>moderately expressed introvert<br>moderately expressed intuitive personality<br>moderately expressed thinking personality<br>slightly expressed judging personality

<br>which doesn’t surprise me in the slightest!

Drone
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5463

I’m an INTJ too, which was no surprise.

Introverted Intuitive Thinking Judging<br>Strength of the preferences %<br>89 38 100 44

very expressed introvert<br>moderately expressed intuitive personality<br>very expressed thinking personality<br>moderately expressed judging personality

Other INTJ’s include Hannibal, Donald Rumsfeld and Arnold Schwarzenegger…eek!

An interesting little experiment actually. No idea what percentage of the population at large are INTJ but perhaps punters/racegoers attract an inordinate number of those with an introverted, intuitive, thinking, judging personality. Makes some sense to me.  

Sal
    • Total Posts 562

I’m a Counselor Idealist too Grassy, (INFJ).

2 out of 8 looks doesn’t look like 2% to me!

Grey Desire
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1913

Your Type is <br>ISTP <br>Introverted Sensing Thinking Perceiving <br>Strength of the preferences %  <br>56 25 12 22

You are:<br>moderately expressed introvert

moderately expressed sensing personality

slightly expressed thinking personality

slightly expressed perceiving personality

<br>

tooting
    • Total Posts 379

Myers-Briggs truly is a load of old cack, (and I wasted a good while of my life doing a Masters in Psychological Assessment). And then assessing people.

There’s far too many problems with it to bother with here – I realise it’s just supposed to be a bit of fun. <br>However, having worked for a company that used it to make fairly serious career decisions I’d say it has the capacity to be ridiculously damaging.<br> <br>I don’t know whether they still do this (or indeed are allowed to – I hope not), but in America 10 years ago you often saw adverts explicitly asking for applicants for jobs to be certain Myers Briggs types.

INTJ is seen as a senior manager profile.<br>ISTJ is seen as computer programmer profile.<br>ESTJ are seen as good line managers types.<br>ENTP are seen as naughty, or loose cannons.<br>Anyone with F is seen as far too woolly for the world of business. And so on.

And a crowd of unquestioning HR professionals go around with this pseudo-science, this modern-day witchcraft, and believe that the flim-flammery it provides bestows on them an insight that they simply don’t possess. And worse still, not only do we have to put up with their silly self-importance, sometimes they are actually given the power to go with it.

And we ourselves fall prey to this card-trick. How many people have unquestioningly prefaced their replies on here with "I’m X type".   No you’re not. <br> <br>There is some agreement in the psychometric world that personality tests taken as a whole do seem to suggest what are described as the big 5 personality factors.

These are (and again the definitions only serve to confuse:)<br>Extroversion<br>Conscientiousness<br>Openness<br>Agreeableness<br>Neuroticism

However, these factors are so broad that they are no use whatsoever at telling us anything much about specific people, and certainly not capable of predicting behaviours (eg future job performance).

ENTP for me. Which I see non vintage came out as well.  (I expect he’s gone off this quiz now!)

<br>

dave jay
    • Total Posts 3386

Your absolutely right tooting, this silly pigeon holing of people is ridiculous if its taken seriously.

I didn’t realise that the Yanks had taken all of this silliness that far .. but then again I’m not surprised .. most of them won’t have enough of a personality to get three letters. Homogeneous lazy slobs !

non vintage
    • Total Posts 1268

Well I did say it was ‘just a bit of fun’.

I wouldn’t take it too seriously but there are still some private sector companies which place a lot of faith in this kind of profiling at the recruitment/promotion stages. The quality of tests is so variable that I’d say that kind of approach is pretty dodgy and hard to justify.

That said, in a ‘team’ scenario, ‘knowing’ a bit about what the team members are like, who is likely to dominate meetings, and what methods of operation the boss might favour is probably no bad thing.

(Our senior management team is decidedly ESTJ, including the boss, and there are no other perceivers, but I don’t think this ‘enlightenment’ will directly effect any major changes in how we work or don’t work. Adrian, you would fit right in and you’d definitely do a much better job than some of the senior seniors currently in position! )

Link to US (!?!) Frequency Table

Basically, Sensing is very dominant (over Intuition) and Feeling is also dominant (over Thinking). Not sure this means I can ask for more money as an intuitive thinker, so it’s not a whole lot of use…

And Tooting, I welcome you to the world of ENTP…    😎

(Edited by non vintage at 9:37 pm on May 3, 2006)

cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 8968

http://www.myersbriggs.org

Myers-Briggs is an indicator and is not designed to provide a one-stop-shop psychological profile. Rather it provides a robust indication of an individual’s preferred behavioural patterns.

I agree that when put to use in a crude fashion it can be inappropriate but, so far as job selection decisions goes, it very probably provides more accurate information than that gleaned by untrained interviewers.

(Edited by cormack15 at 9:28 pm on May 4, 2006)

Burroughhill
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1636

I’m an INFJ

<br>56   38    25    44

moderately expressed introvert

moderately expressed intuitive personality

moderately expressed feeling personality

moderately expressed judging personality

<br>Am apparently ‘woolly’!

FlatSeasonLover
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2068

I’m an ISTJ according to the program – 67,1,25,56.

Not sure about the sensing but it is only 1% preference.

Another example of an ISTJ is George Washington, I hope thats not an omen:o

(Edited by FlatSeasonLover at 7:54 pm on May 5, 2006)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.