The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Pausing your suscription to RTV

Home Forums Horse Racing Pausing your suscription to RTV

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    GingertipsterGingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 26588

Dont’t forget to pause your subscription for RTV.

Unlike Timeform (who automatically pause every subscriber’s payments to their service), customers of RTV need to phone/click RTV in order to pause payments.

Otherwise subscriptions will be treated as a donation to “Racing” (“because all RTV profits stay in Racing“).

value is everything
    homersimpson
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2261

Otherwise subscriptions will be treated as a donation to “Racing” (“because all RTV profits stay in Racing“).

The profit on the subscription will be donated to racing. The rest will go against Wages, Overheads etc.

Cork All Star
    Participant
    • Total Posts 404

Paused my subscription today. And the subscription to Sky Sports.

They should have been paused automatically. Do not see why customers should have to choose when both companies, through no fault of their own, cannot provide their service. It took days to finally access the Sky website.

Red Rum 77Red Rum 77
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1426

Someone at work suggested I pause my subscription to Sky Sports.

1 How do I go about that ?

2 Can I reactive it after this pandemic

Also I’ll pause my subscription to Racing TV when I get the opportunity.

:good:

Stay safe and self isolate :bye:

Cork All Star
    Participant
    • Total Posts 404

You need to log into your Sky account to pause the sport subscription. If you do not have an online account you will need to set one up. You will need your 12 digit Sky account number and your 9 digit Sky viewing card number.

Once you opt to pause the subscription you are advised that it will be automatically reactivated once sports start up again.

The RTV subscription can be paused via their website. You need your customer ID and your Sky viewing card number.

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1642

From what iv heard sky just aren’t charging people for sports

It should’ve just been taken off your bill

GoldenMiller34GoldenMiller34
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1163

I get Sky Sports through NOW TV so just simply cancelled online and will rejoin when applicable on a similar monthly pass subscription. Only drawback I can see is I paid monthly in advance on the 3rd of each month so from the point sport stopped in March that money is lost. Technically I needn’t have cancelled until the 2nd of April but there was **** all to watch anyway!

Red Rum 77, I don’t know whether you can pause Sky online or have to ring them – check their website. I am sure you can pause it and reactivate. Racing TV you can pause (initially for a month) via a form on their website (which is easier than ringing them). I was able to phone and cancel my RTV under the 14 day cooling off period because I only resubscribed on the Tuesday of Cheltenham (at half price for 12 months). Once I eventually got through it was easy with no additional costs. So I got the 4 days of the Festival for £12.48 and with Aintree off I won’t now re-resubscribe until March 2021. My original intention had been to buy Day passes (at £10 per day) for the total of 7 days but, typical of aggressive capitalism, RTV doesn’t offer Day passes for certain big meetings. Well, they have lost out in my case.

Nathan HughesNathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 22054

Some interesting things on there at the moment
    Dessie’s Gold Cup was before my racing time so enjoyed watching the story of that the other day
    Not quite sure what I’m watching now, seems to be the running of a yard, mucking out, washing down and chatting with the lads and lasses. Got the shoe maker on now

Member since March 2008
    Tank
    Participant
    • Total Posts 206

Bill Shoemaker?

Nathan HughesNathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 22054

No, they didn’t have tv back in the day of Bill
    it was Richard Fahy’s yard
    after that was a piece from Pontefract (Think it is a series called The Professionals)

Member since March 2008
    BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6950

Thanks for that information Cork All Star, I’ve just paused my Sky Sports Channel.
    FinalFurlong, I think you will need to pause it yourself as you will still get lots
    of repeats etc to watch on your sports package. I managed to get into my account and
    use the “pause” option, I was asked to confirm I wanted to pause my sports package.
    You have to tick the terms and conditions and then click you wish the package paused.
    After confirming this I got the message that my package had been paused and I would not
    be charged from today’s date. I wish I had realised and opted out a month ago. Unless
    anyone likes watching endless repeats, or netball from Ouzbekistan, then I would advise
    pausing now.

Red Rum 77Red Rum 77
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1426

Decided today to cancel my Racing TV subscription, in a bid to keep my business they offered me a reduce fee for a few months, but I decided that £25 can be spent better elsewhere.

Cork All Star
    Participant
    • Total Posts 404

If you pause the Sky Sports subscription you can still watch what is being shown on the channels to fill up the time.

On Saturday afternoon I enjoyed watching the whole of the final round of the 2016 Open Championship. A particularly happy memory because I was on Stenson at 25/1 and Mickekson at 40/1! And Troon is such a magnificent course (I went there on the Thursday that year).

I assume RTV are still allowing subscribers to view the channel even if they have paused because I can still see it. There was a good film about Desert Orchid’s Gold Cup and I enjoyed seeing Sir Mark Prescott’s tour of Newmarket again.

DiamondGeezerDiamondGeezer
    Participant
    • Total Posts 474

Virginmedia paused my Skysports subscription without me asking, but I had to cancel my RacingTV subscription as they don’t pause that.

BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6950

Virginmedia have done the right thing DG, but we don’t have Virginmedia in Dunoon yet
    and Sky haven’t paused the subscription. They make it clear that when you pause it
    yourself online that they you won’t be charged from that date. I think that’s a bit
    below the belt :negative:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.