The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Patrick Brady

Home Forums Horse Racing Patrick Brady

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    betlarge
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2676

Don’t know if any of you caught a glimpse of him yesterday as he ‘took over’ the parade ring after Baron de Feypo’s third place in the Coral Cup.

Basically he spent all his time gobbing off at maximum volume to his drunken acolytes, effectively ruining the atmosphere for Burntoakboy’s connections, who were probably experiencing a once-in-a-lifetime Festival victory.

The story is touched upon by Julian Muscat in today’s Times, saying that Brady ‘ranted to his noisy friends…in the manner of a tiresome evangelist….serving to usurp acclaim for the winner.'<br>Not that he lacked encouragement from Channel 4, who had puffed him up in an interview beforehand.

What a character, hey?

Well, it begins with ‘c’.

Mike

Aragorn
    • Total Posts 2208

What, no stuffy, restrained and understated celebrations likes us English.. How dare they….

yeats
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2937

This forum has gone titty mad these last couple of days :o

dandan
    • Total Posts 199

Oliver Brady is a legend. We need more of that sort of stuff. I wouldn’t say Burntoakboy’s connections gave a fiddler’s.

clivex
    • Total Posts 3420

Looked like a total prat to me

SirHarryLewis
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1208

Nice chap is Oli.  I think most who know him would agree.  Not a bad trainer either

SHL

Aragorn
    • Total Posts 2208

Quote: from clivex on 3:44 pm on Mar. 15, 2007[br]Looked like a total prat to me<br>

Perhaps he should join channel 4

Flash
    • Total Posts 1144

The guy looked an embarrassment. A typical loud mouth show off with no thought for anyone else but himself and his childish ego.

It was the winners day not his.

Smithy
    • Total Posts 720

Happened to be stood by the paddock when the nonsense was taking place. No surprise to see Matt Chapman involved in bigging the attention-seeker up.

dandan
    • Total Posts 199

I can’t understand the uppitiness. Was it not fun, no? He didn’t take money off anyone, didn’t beat anyone up, didn’t force someone to do something they didn’t want to… I think he had a good old fashioned laugh and enjoyed the occasion, flashed his potbelly and enjoyed the moment. If I’d recently beaten cancer and just a Cheltenham third, I’d sure as hell do the same! Its for living, y’know.

Danny
    • Total Posts 790

his horse is declared again tomorrow imagine what he will do if it runs and wins.

Irish Stamp
    • Total Posts 3181

Didn’t bother me all that much, he went on the morning line and told the viewers his horse would win – he was nearly right, 3rd at 33/1 isn’t all that bad.

An open and honest trainer with the media, whatever next ;)

Burroughhill
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1638

I thought it was harmless fun. After all, haven’t we in other threads said how heartwarming it is to see the owners/trainers so excited and happy? If that’s how he wants to celebrate, then I say let him go for it.

Flash
    • Total Posts 1144

No one has any objection to anyone enjoying themselves but he’s just making a complete tit of himself, he’s like a ten year old trying to get attention in the playground.

He wants to think of other people. Celebrate how he likes (if he must) when he wins fine, just don’t p**s
    on someone elses parade. Selfish T&&$.

Drone
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5141

Won’t be the last time someone makes a total tanya of themselves following a lengthy swim in the Liffey

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.