The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Patrick Biancone banned for 1 year

Home Forums Horse Racing Patrick Biancone banned for 1 year

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    pengamon
    • Total Posts 226

Suspended for 1 year from 15th October but will probably be able to make the Breeders’ Cup by lodging an appeal.

A lot will depend on whether "Biancobra" will be banned just in Kentucky or nationally and whether like other banned American trainers he will be allowed to transfer the licence to one of his assistants

Mully
    • Total Posts 156

Why has he been suspended?

pengamon
    • Total Posts 226

Why has he been suspended?

His barn was raided during Keeneland’s Spring meet and Cobra venom was found in the barn fridge-which is banned in Kentucky.

I can’t provide the link but he was found guilty on 11 counts relating to this and other infractions.

His vet got struck off for 5 years a few weeks ago.

Pegwell Bay
    • Total Posts 208

What does cobra venom have to do with training horses?

IMP short4 ImaMugPunter
    • Total Posts 16

Pegwell Bay, I put your question into Google and came up with this –

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/07/09/AR2007070901619.html

Pegwell Bay
    • Total Posts 208

Thanks for the link IMP. Very interesting.

If he has been forcing injured horses to run with illegal painkillers then he should be banned for life imo.

madman marz
    • Total Posts 707

Thanks for the link IMP. Very interesting.

If he has been forcing injured horses to run with illegal painkillers then he should be banned for life imo.

Ditto Pegwell, 1 year an absoluete joke, book should have been thrown at him Hong Kong no nonsense style.

apracing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3762

Pegwell Bay,

Would it be acceptable if the painkillers were legal ?

I can’t see how that would make much difference to the horse.

AP

Pegwell Bay
    • Total Posts 208

The way I see it Alan is that if an injured horse is being forced to run on legal painkilling drugs, that is sick as it is putting a horse at further risk of permanent/more serious injury.

Illegal painkilling drugs are illegal as they could cause secondary physiological injury on top of the injury they are being used to treat. That, imo, is twice as sick.

Greedy trainers (and owners) that think this is an acceptable practice should not be allowed to train/own horses ever again.

Does that answer your question?

apracing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3762

Indeed it does, and I entirely agree that any use of painkillers when a horse is racing is unacceptable.

AP

doyley
    Participant
    • Total Posts 567

Hi,

The use of painkillers is indeed a sore point [pardon the pun], but with sprinters’ ,they can and do run sometimes 3 times in a fortnight..when does the P.K. effect completely exit the system?

Does it mean a sprinter cannot have any sort of medical treatment during it’s running campaign??

regards,

doyley

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.