The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Paddy Power Gold Cup

Home Forums Horse Racing Paddy Power Gold Cup

Viewing 17 posts - 69 through 85 (of 97 total)
  • Author
    Zebra
    Participant
    • Total Posts 74

Anzum Posted: 16 Nov 2007 16:47 Post subject:

——————————————————————————–

This is a horse who Nicholls stated today, he fancies each way for the Queen Mother. To be anywhere near the front 3 in the Queen Mother, Granit Jack has to win tomorrow off 133 if my memory serves me right. I really think he’s a good bet even at 4/1

Except the Queen Mother is 1/2 mile shorter – Granit Jack may well win but I don’t think he’s great value and I will probably go for L’Antartique

• Total Posts 1631

Aragorn

Just my opinion m8

Anzum

No offence, but Nicholls can say what he likes

I’m looking forward to seeing how Granit Jack gets on, but not for me at 4-1 chaps – all the best though

Anzum
    • Total Posts 256

Zebra – He’s won over tomorrow’s trip more than once, so I have no fears about the trip tomorrow.

Empty Wallet – Fair do’s. All the best with your bet. I just feel come the end of the season, 4/1 tomorrow could well be stealing money.

All the best.

Zebra
    Participant
    • Total Posts 74

Anzum Posted: 16 Nov 2007 17:15 Post subject:

——————————————————————————–

Zebra – He’s won over tomorrow’s trip more than once, so I have no fears about the trip tomorrow.

Yes but at Pau (twice) and at Taunton at 1/2, 2/5 and 1/5 so not in competitive races over a stiff track

Anzum
    • Total Posts 256

I’ll be very surprised if the trip is what beats him tomorrow Zebra. The only minor doubt for me is its his first time jumping British fences. Apart from that I think he’s undoubtedly the one to beat.

davidbrady
    • Total Posts 3901

I think Granit Jack is plenty short enough. His chase form is in uncompetitive 4yo only races around Pau. He also has no form on ground better than gd/sft and was beaten on his seasonal debut last year at odds of 4/7. He could turn out to be a cracking chaser but he’s far too short at 4/1 for me. I also think (but could be wrong) that Ruby may struggle to do 10 stone although I have no stats at all on this apart from the last 14 days where the lowest he had to do was Saintsaire at 10-4.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 170

For these races I always look for the progressive types – or an older horse that has a touch of class.

If Granit Jack is to have ANY chance of being in the shake up of the Queen Mother – surely – he has to steam up here off bottom weight. (If he has been laid out for the race and is fit enough). I would be a little concerned that Nicholls horses are not exactly flying – but I think it will have to carry my cash.

Idole First done me a big favour at the festival so will be having a saver on him.

LetsGetRacing
    • Total Posts 1147

Paul Nicholls has already said that Granit Jack is the best handicapped horse he’s had for five years, and with the stable in pretty good nick you’d expect him to go extremely close. The horse’s fencing experience in France, whether it be in ‘uncompetitive’ races at Pau or anywhere else, should prove invaluable and having acclimatised fully (my suggestion for his indifferent start to last season) he’s a worthy favourite off 10-0.

thedarkknight
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1299

Paul Nicholls said Saintsaire was the best handicapped horse in his yard last year.

:oops:

Granit Jack could turn out be top class, but he looks a dismal price today imo…

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

and having acclimatised fully (my suggestion for his indifferent start to last season) .

LGR

The horse apparently had stomach problems, which the stable had sorted out before his Taunton win. Maybe he’d have acclimatised better if they’d smothered his oats in garlic? :D

• Total Posts 1631

Unless your up to speed on French Chasing , you ain’t really got a clue regards Granit Jacks chasing ability and can only take reasonable stab at what the 4yo form is worth

He’s unproven on ground, unproven at trip and up against chasers with proven ability

Could be a good horse, could be well handicapped, but overall, odds are in favour of those taking him on

• Total Posts 2440

The only concerns i have with Granit Jack is the fact that Nicholls’ string seems to be needing the run lately. He has stated that he has got Granit Jack aimed for this race, however you dont know how well he is going to be, with the fact that Nicholls’ horses seem to be needing the run.

The other concern is that i think he is plenty short enough for what he has achieved. He ran well at the festival last season, yes, and has run well in France since, but will he transfer that form to the English course again.

Who knows.

I personally am on Knowhere EW and i am hoping that Bob Hall runs a big race for AP. Bob Hall ran well at Cheltenham last season so seems to like the track.

The big value in the race would seem to be L´Antartique, at 7s, seems a decent bet if you are going to oppose Granit Jack.

Kevin
    • Total Posts 295

Can’t see Bob Hall being far away at the death and carries my money. Also think Idole First could run well again. Cracking race!!!!!!!!!

Grasshopper
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2316

I’ve plumped for Private Be, with a small saver on L’Antartique.

• Total Posts 1631

This is my shortlist

Too Forward
    Idole First
    Palarshan
    Vodka Bleu
    Granit Jack

With the exception of Granit Jack, i could back em all, but I like look of Vodka Bleu and can’t resist little nibble on Too Forward

• Total Posts 2440

This is my shortlist

Too Forward
    Idole First
    Palarshan
    Vodka Bleu
    Granit Jack

With the exception of Granit Jack, i could back em all, but I like look of Vodka Bleu and can’t resist little nibble on Too Forward

About as short as mine then.

:wink:

The Wizard
    • Total Posts 92

I’ve backed Idole First at decent odds on the exchanges and see L’Antartique as the danger. Could hardly separate the two on my system.

Viewing 17 posts - 69 through 85 (of 97 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.