The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Paddy Power Gold Cup

Home Forums Horse Racing Paddy Power Gold Cup

Viewing 17 posts - 18 through 34 (of 97 total)
  • Author
    davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

Which is exactly what it will be should Abragante make the cut.

• Total Posts 1631

Which is exactly what it will be should Abragante make the cut.

Probably correct. Though couldn’t there be a chance some of the top rated horses hold their ground and Abragante still gets in the 20???

apracing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3763

There are 38 left in at 5-day stage – the penalty hasn’t yet been added to the weight for Abragante, but I reckon he’ll be #31 when it is, so he still needs a dozen to come out.

Billyvoddan is now top weight.

AP

Ugly Mare
    • Total Posts 1294

thank you for that Alan. I’m pleased to say my 2 are still in….being utterly selfish I do not want Abrogante to get a run…lol

Anzum
    • Total Posts 256

Surely Granit Jack is the one for this race. Starting life in Britain over fences on a handicap mark, which looks there to be exploited. Especially considering its run in the Supreme Novices. Nicholls has always said it would be a better chaser, and has targeted this race for some time. Looks a lot better handicapped than Abragante, certainly on hurdle form.

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9300

does anyone know how Battle Cry is?

Aragorn
    • Total Posts 2208

I agree with Anzum… Granit Jack looked all over a chaser last year and certainly not a horse who shirks a battle. If it was him and Abragante jumping the last together I know who I would be backing in running….

seabird
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2923

Moehat, try ringing or emailing the yard, they are normally appreciative of your concern for their horse.

Colin

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9300

thanks Colin, I’ll try emailing [always worried about being a nuisance y’see]. he seemed to be really enjoying himself before he pulled up…mo

Kifill
    Participant
    • Total Posts 167

Can’t have Granit Jack, first run over British fences which are very different to French ones and this is not the kind of race to form a nice safe gentle introduction.

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9300

isn’t Granit Jack more of a 2 mile horse?

seabird
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2923

Sorry, complete bollox from me (again)………EDIT.

Colin

Anzum
    • Total Posts 256

Already with 4 wins over 2 and a half miles indicates Granit Jack should have no problem with the trip in the Paddy Power. I think him and Don’t Push It are the two potentially real class horses in the field and thus well handicapped currently. They’d be my two against the field.

davidbrady
    • Total Posts 3901

Abragante is a overrated horse I feel, and running in massive fields will not suit him on top of that.

His price is ridiculous given that he may not even get in.

Stakes will be refunded if he is ballotted out. He can’t run on Friday (I think) because he has now won 3 chases so doesn’t meet the conditions for that race. I don’t see any reason why David Pipe would take him out because he has nothing to lose by leaving him in. If he doesn’t get in then they will go to the Hennessy. Entry fees are refunded if you are ballotted out as well aren’t they?

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9300

Not sure about Don’t Push It’s jumping at Cheltenham – is Bob Hall in it? Battle Cry ok by the way – NTD’s yard really helpful…mo

davidbrady
    • Total Posts 3901

Abragante now drifting out to 8.8 on BF so it looks like he might not even be declared because that is a huge price if it was NRNB and can’t see the Pipe stable letting it drift to that big if they were still planning to run him.

• Total Posts 790

I think New Little Bric could run a good race he’d be my bet EW :shock:

Viewing 17 posts - 18 through 34 (of 97 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.