The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Ownership opportunities with James Ewart

Home Forums Archive Topics Ownership opportunities with James Ewart

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 9229

During the season we’re hoping to bring you some insights from the yards of Lucinda Russell (who trains for Milnathort racing Club in whom a few of us TRF’ers have a couple of shares) and Borders based trainer James Ewart, a trainer who has been making good progress up the ranks these past couple of seasons.

In the meantime James has highlighted a couple of reasonably affordable ownership opportunities which are currently available and I’d like to pass these on in case anyone may be interested.

A 20% share (which can be split into 2 x 10% shares) is available in Harry The Lemmon, an exciting recruit from the Irish Point-to-Point field who James reports has strengthened up impressively over the summer (pic below of Harry working this morning).

There are also shares available in a leased horse (so, no purchase, just lease) at a very affordable £25 per week (per 1/15th share) for the duration of the lease. This one is a 3-y-o Motivator gelding out of a Slip Anchor mare who has produced six winners to date. James reports this fellow is to be prepared for juvenile novice hurdles.

Anyone with any interest drop me a message or email at <!– e –>david@theracingforum.co.uk<!– e –> and I’ll pass on contact details. Alternatively you can contact James through his website http://www.jamesewartracing.com – the website is well worth a visit in any case.

Exciting prospect Harry The Lemmon

MrUnoHugh
    • Total Posts 146

What’s the initial outlay?

Thanks

Davidpleat
    • Total Posts 7

The lease option seems very reasonable I am going to consider this seriously

Keymaster
    • Total Posts 9229

No initial outlay with the lease, which will initially be for 6 months. TI’ll check the outlays for Harry TheLemmon.

• Total Posts 1402

I hope Corm won’t mind my mentioning by way of comparison that our syndicate charges less than £15 a week and this gives the member an ownership rather than just a lease interest in two horses.

• Total Posts 433

I hope Corm won’t mind my mentioning by way of comparison that our syndicate charges less than £15 a week and this gives the member an ownership rather than just a lease interest in two horses.

Hi Tuffers,

Hope you don’t mind me asking, but would you be kind enough to let me have details of your syndicate charges, please?
    Not promising to go ahead with anything, but I’d like to know. I’ve always fancied a part-share in a horse, but maybe I’m a bit too old or not wealthy enough now!!

Best wishes

Jo (Reetlass)

• Total Posts 1402

Hi Tuffers,

Hope you don’t mind me asking, but would you be kind enough to let me have details of your syndicate charges, please?
    Not promising to go ahead with anything, but I’d like to know. I’ve always fancied a part-share in a horse, but maybe I’m a bit too old or not wealthy enough now!!

Best wishes

Jo (Reetlass)

I’ve sent you a PM

MrUnoHugh
    • Total Posts 146

What I would like to know is if personally bought a share and then sold that half out between 20 people what the legal implications would be?

Keymaster
    • Total Posts 9229

A way around any legal implication would be to discuss that with the person you were taking the share out with MrUno. Otherwise, forgetting the legal implications, your reputation would be at stake.

Tuffers – yours sounds good value at £15, where ae the horses based? – I think the £25 with James is based on there only being 15 people involved. Not sure how may involved in your syndicate.

Some further details –
    The lease would be up for renewal after the six months (which are 1st October to end March)
    Weekly update from James on both your own horse and other yard news
    Min Two stable visits (inc Scottish Breakfast!!)
    Owners badges when the horse runs

The yard is set in a really lovely part of the world (you get a gist from the Harry The Lemmon photo) and the yard is accessible from most parts of North England and Central/Southern Scotland.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.