The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Ownership morning?

Home Forums Horse Racing Ownership morning?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Nayodabayo
    • Total Posts 40

How many of you will be experiencing the thrill of ownership with Ron Harris on 7th September?

Is this the norm to be charging £155 quid for a tour of Chepstow

http://www.ronharrisracing.com

The part I’m most looking forward to is 1pm when "Ron Harris Marks your card" for Chepstow Races.

Government wealth warning attached judged on previous efforts.

highflyer1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 211

It strikes me as quite an innovative way for a struggling small trainer to supplement his income (I assume he fits that description, though I must confess I’ve never heard of him).

If he can find enough mugs to grab the bait, good luck to him!

rory
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2685

Harris has proved adept at picking up horses cheaply and improving them to win races ~ he may qualify as small but he certainly isn’t struggling.

bluechariot
    • Total Posts 569

He is an excellent trainer. 155 is not that bad considering you are getting a Hearty Breakfast at the stables and a day at Cheptow in a private box with lunch included

Nayodabayo
    • Total Posts 40

What makes someone an "excellent trainer"

I look upon somebody that can train whom is able to prepare a horse for specific target similar for a juvenile attempting to win first-time-out, that his ‘trainer’ has educated to ‘know their job’

You couldn’t suggest he places his horses with extreme planning, more a scatter approach based upon ‘hit n miss’ qualities.

A big difference for me between an ‘excellent trainer’ and somebody capable of sweetening an individual.

TheCheekster
    • Total Posts 329

Nayo, Can I ask if you go by the same alias on the Betfair forum?

Nayodabayo
    • Total Posts 40

No. His away in France for a few weeks – I did witnessed what had been mentioned although it had breached my bed-time.

We are partners in the racing.

rainbow-promises
    • Total Posts 126

What makes someone an "excellent trainer"

It’s all about making the horses happy! i like a trainer that has good facilities and keeps things natural to the horse
    simon earl isn’t exactly a world class trainer but he uses great methods training his horses using natural horsemanship with some great facilities too, it’s just a matter of time before he is getting lots of winners! he keeps his horses turned out as a herd, runs them without shoes and even uses a horse walker with salt water for the condition of the horses legs!
    i think owners are cautious about putting their horses in with him for his strange way of training, most people just want to do what everybody else is doing

TheCheekster
    • Total Posts 329

Nayo,
    Do you know who it was that threatened him and his wife at Chepstow last week?

rory
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2685

simon earl isn’t exactly a world class trainer but he uses great methods training his horses using natural horsemanship with some great facilities too, it’s just a matter of time before he is getting lots of winners!

I believe Simon has actually quit the training ranks, and Eamonn Wilmott who owns the yard where he was based and who was responsible for Earle’s methods has appointed a new trainer to take over the operation.

Nayodabayo
    • Total Posts 40

Nayo,
    Do you know who it was that threatened him and his wife at Chepstow last week?

The list of possibles are longer than your arm….

MikkyMo73
    • Total Posts 1789

He is an excellent trainer. 155 is not that bad considering you are getting a Hearty Breakfast at the stables and a day at Cheptow in a private box with lunch included

I see your location is London, no bloody wonder you think £155 is not bad :lol:

Believe me, i’d want more than a breakfast and a dinner for £155 – I could go on holiday for that 8)

Mike

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.