The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Outlaw Tom runs at Hexham – Wed Nov 16th

Home Forums Archive Topics TRF Group – Outlaw Tom & The Village Outlaw Tom runs at Hexham – Wed Nov 16th

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    robnorth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5934

Outlaw Tom is declared to run in 4m Solar Signs Handicap Chase at Hexham tomorrow at 2.40.

The course suits and the distance should be what he wants. I would imagine the aim is to lob along for three quarters of the trip and hope his stamina comes into play.

Top weight is Pennek – well held in his two attempts over an extended distance and not won since 2007.
    Bear Dancing – The other runner from the Russell stable. Lightly raced, but an interesting prospect having won at Newcastle in April. Not yet tried at extended distances but wasn’t stopping over three miles.
    Mr Woods – Useful on his day but a clumsy jumper and not certain to be suited by this trip.
    Blazing Diva – Best at extended trips on a stiff track in the mud. Has two of the three for this race! Might find the going too fast.
    Double Default – Another trying and extended trip for the first time. Well held on two runs this autumn.
    Rebel Swing – Interesting young prospect who looks all over a stayer. Was held by Outlaw Tom when the latter came down at Wetherby. Maybe a long term project, but stable in form.
    Matmata De Tendron – If he feels like it he can win this, but I suspect he’d keep an equine shrink occupied. Stays all day and most ground comes a like to him. Struggled from five out at Carlisle on his return.
    On Gossamer Wings – hasn’t really clicked since coming over from Ireland, though there’s just a hint a race like this might suit him.
    Seeking Power – Hexham four milers are probably about the best races for this out-and-out stayer, though he does nothing quickly and probably needs it softer. If they ever bring in six mile chases…

Outlaw Tom looks a reasonable chance of the first three, though he has as many questions to answer as a few of these. BEAR DANCING looks the most likely winner to me. I just wonder if On Gossamer Wings might get involved in the finish.

Rob

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.