The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Our new filly with Marco botti

Home Forums Horse Racing Our new filly with Marco botti

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Leeknowles1Leeknowles1
    • Total Posts 100

Here is just a quick intro to our New Filly by Exceed and Excell, she is currently being named (We have applied to whetherbys for permission on the name "Salford Excell") This was the day after we bought her at tattersalls, she has got alot bigger and stronger since and when we next go to see her i will get an updated picture, marco is happy with her and she looks in his words "very racey" she looks as though good-firm will be her ideal ground range but she is only cantering at the moment so time will tell!!

TuffersTuffers
    • Total Posts 1402

Hi Lee

Which lot was she at Tatts?

GodolphinArabianGodolphinArabian
    • Total Posts 275

i would say its this lot she looks very nice

B, F, y, Exceed And Excel — Steeple (Selkirk)

Leeknowles1Leeknowles1
    • Total Posts 100

Hi Lee

Which lot was she at Tatts?

i would say its this lot she looks very nice

B, F, y, Exceed And Excel — Steeple (Selkirk)

Yes you are correct lot 1129, yes marco seems very happy with her aswell which is always a good sign,She has put on alot of weight aswell since she came to the yard, she almost looks like a colt! for £30,000 she was quite cheap considering what exceed and excel has done so far, without frankel excellebration is the best miler in europe!

And i see in your signature its about desert orchid, Elsworth trains another nice filly we have "salford art" i was going to write a few paragraphs about her season with the ups and downs and problems we have had, and talk about our targets for next season but didnt know if it would go down to well, any feedback on my idea if you would be interested on reading about her let me know i will make a thread!

TuffersTuffers
    • Total Posts 1402

And i see in your signature its about desert orchid, Elsworth trains another nice filly we have "salford art" i was going to write a few paragraphs about her season with the ups and downs and problems we have had, and talk about our targets for next season but didnt know if it would go down to well, any feedback on my idea if you would be interested on reading about her let me know i will make a thread!

The ‘Horses’ section of the forum is a great place to tell people about your horses. I regularly provide updates for our syndicate’s horses there.

Gazs Way De SolzenGazs Way De Solzen
    • Total Posts 2441

Good luck with her.

She looks like a nice filly.

Looks well put together, and lovely bay colour, and 4 nice white socks too!

Leeknowles1Leeknowles1
    • Total Posts 100

I spoke to marco today, she is now cantering and has been since last week, these are his words "She a very good mover, mentally she is very forward and ahead of alot of our yearlings, she looks early, and everything we have asked her to do she has done with ease, i like her" (marco also owns a share)

So thats a bit of exciting news, its important to not get to excited but when someone who trained the 2nd best miler in europe this season, tells you he likes a horse, its hard not to!

I have organised to go down to the yard on saturday (x-mas eve) as its the only time im free, so i will post updated pictures of her and try and get a quick video of her excercise!

Thanks alot for the positive notes!

nighthorsenighthorse
    Participant
    • Total Posts 385

Here is just a quick intro to our New Filly by Exceed and Excell, she is currently being named (We have applied to whetherbys for permission on the name "Salford Excell") This was the day after we bought her at tattersalls, she has got alot bigger and stronger since and when we next go to see her i will get an updated picture, marco is happy with her and she looks in his words "very racey" she looks as though good-firm will be her ideal ground range but she is only cantering at the moment so time will tell!!

She’s awfully pretty Lee (love to see a head pic), but she’s a beefy little thing isn’t she? And you say she’s got bigger and stronger since that pic? :shock:

Exactly how old, in months, was she in that photo?

Leeknowles1Leeknowles1
    • Total Posts 100

She’s awfully pretty Lee (love to see a head pic), but she’s a beefy little thing isn’t she? And you say she’s got bigger and stronger since that pic? :shock:

Exactly how old, in months, was she in that photo?

Okay i will try to remember to get a head photo, and she is an april foal, so in that photo (october after the sales) she was around 19 months, 1year 7 months, she looks like an average size colt IMO, i just hope she has an engine!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.