The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

One minute tipster

Home Forums Tipping and Research Systems One minute tipster

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    cormack15cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 8783

Hi – I’ve started a new systems based just-for-fun competition which will run in this systems area of the site for about a month – details are in a thread on the Horse Racing section of the site. Once the competition starts (next Saturday) it’ll transfer here.<br>Hopefully it will get some forum members onto the systems area of the site who haven’t discovered it yet.<br>Hope that is OK with all you systemites out there!<br>Feel free to enter by the way.<br>

Artemis
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1736

Hi cormack,

I applaud your enthusiasm, but as I’ve said on the main forum, I hope Barry is not taking the water.

I don’t believe it is possible to devise any sensible racing system that only takes a minute to find a selection, even using the whole range of ratings services and form analysis publications that are currently available. Every pro punter knows this, and spends many hours poring through form either studying results or analysing future races. Then, there are tissues to prepare and markets to watch and usually visits to the course to make………anyway, I’m sure you know all this.

I don’t want to appear as a killjoy, but surely encouraging serious form students to suggest quick methods of making a profit is somehow giving credence to all the crackpots and swindlers who are lurking in the muddy waters of the wider racing world. I take the point from non vintage that something good can emerge, even from one-minute systems, but apart from that, I think it might make serious horse-players regard the forum with disdain. As your Pricewise challenge has shown, we are much better than betting shop fodder.<br>I think Barry disagrees with that last statement, but I cannot really be sure. Maybe I need to lighten up.

(Edited by Artemis at 1:30 pm on Jan. 31, 2005)

dave jay
    • Total Posts 3386

So, do we post up our own selections or are you and your army of helpers doing them, Corm ?

aston
    • Total Posts 168

Lighten up Artemis.;) <br>I think you frightened to death that one of our systems (or all :o ) will blow yours out of the water.<br>Years you spent perfecting your system, and bam, Barrys alitteration system rakes the winners in.

Bit like the stock-broker monkey.:biggrin:

dave jay
    • Total Posts 3386

Indeed Astons, the pins could have it .. :biggrin:

Artemis
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1736

aston,

I have lightened up and taken the view that this is all a bit of fun and that I was probably wrong in thinking Barry was sending up the forum.

My own methodical approach is only just scraping along barely breaking even, so I’m not in a position to knock anyone else’s methods/systems. Over a long period, I know I won’t win(or lose)very much, far less than the average punter’s 10% loss.

In the shorter term, I’m afraid the monkey could probably beat anyone, myself not least.

As regards the one minute tipping contest, it’s too late for me to enter unless cormack grants me special dispensation (I have several quick methods), but I can fairly confidently predict that there will be several in profit at the end of it, and the average loss will be very close to 10%, so you can lay Kevin till the cows come home.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.