The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Olympic Glory QEII

Home Forums Video Archive Olympic Glory QEII

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    tbracingtbracing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1398

Olympic Glory

I adored Olympic Glory. When I wrote for this forum for a couple of years I put Olympic Glory up every time he won in his 2yo season. I was convinced with him that on soft ground he was the best of his generation. Going into this in the Moulin he had just about everything go wrong for him and come QEII time he was a hell of a price for a soft ground mile, I priced him favourite all day and was one of my favourite results, not for the bet, but for the pleasure of it in seeing him fulfill all the potential I believed he had!

Enjoy

Nathan HughesNathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 21745

I remember that day well tb
    The family were at butlins and we were watching the racing in hot shots
    Everything was perfect for him that day and he was big odds.
    Look at Top Notch Tonto running 2nd aswell

Member since March 2008
    tbracingtbracing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1398

Likewise, Nathan. I priced him up favourite for that race on soft ground and with that France run well in the past (terrible draw, held up off a ridiculously slow pace for a group 1, just never happened). This was his day, I remember I got on for good money in the morning on betfair as was plenty of liquidity, then pre off could still get a huge price so went in again. Money aside, it wasn’t that that made this such a memorable race. Just I had followed him so closely, especially with the writing, that he became a horse of affinity to me and it was just great to see him turn out such a performance.

tbracingtbracing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1398

Nathan, were you much of a fan of Paco Boy? He was another miler I grew a lot of admiration for. Not many decent videos of him on youtube unfortunately, his Lockinge win is in about 3 frames per minute :cry:

Nathan HughesNathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 21745

Yes, I was a big fan of Paco Boy..
    He travelled sweet as a nut in that Lockinge he won
    I think the likes of Paco Boy and Canford Cliffs were made for a jockey like Richard Hughes as they could travel at a high pace on the bridle and still find enough off it although Paco Boy was excused of not finding a mile at times I think he just ran into Goldikova at a time she was unstoppable

I was at Newbury the day Olympic Glory won the Lockinge, met up with TAPK that day too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFQy2cEp5xE

Member since March 2008
    tbracingtbracing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1398

Yeah Paco Boy was quite something to watch at his best. I remember when he won on the AW at Lingfield as a 3yo in the Spring Cup, and he looked like he had some sort of class from that day. I backed him in the Queen Anne in 2009, I remember it well as I priced him up the clear favourite on the day. Don’t know if you remember Gladiatorus, but he went off favourite that day, and I can recall he had this stupendous high bending knee action, I wasn’t convinced at all he wanted the ground that day, maybe he just had an off day, but Paco ran a stormer and proved his class.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.