Nothing Gained 5

Home Forums Tipping and Research Daily Lays And Plays Nothing Gained 5

This topic contains 475 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by Venture to Cognac Venture to Cognac 4 days, 5 hours ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 476 total)
  • Author

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4906

Bob forget to ask earlier any views on betfair hurdle i hope Mister Fisher run here 20/1 novices are ones to keep a eye on in recent races here

Lemons68
    Lemons68
    Participant
    • Total Posts 321

Great start to the year Bob, well done.

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 14668

Cheers mate, very happy with that today.

Perfect start to 2019 with Perfect Candidate (though hardly a close one for the win). Happy with Aux Ptit Soins, but highlight of the day was obviously Midnight Shadow.

@darren83
    Bit of an aftertime mate, but added Venetia Achille myself, couldn’t have had him last night, but once he started hitting 6’s, 7’s, I was in.

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 14668

Sorry Darren, forgot to mention The Betfair Hurdle.

Totally agree on the Novice angle. Doubt I’ll play Antepost, but away from the Novices, I like the first two from Ascot, Mohaayed and Lisp, and I also really like Western Ryder.

Good luck with Fisher, he looks a solid selection.

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7737

So upset about Adam breaking his leg when due to ride the wonderful Lady Buttons for the rest of what should be a great season for her….

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 14668

That’s a sickener for him Moe

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 14668

After a good day I usually try and follow up, but there’s just been nothing doing since New Years Day, just couldn’t find a bet.

Should really just wait till Saturday now, but these guys are jumping out…….

1300 Lingfield – Geordie B
    Gave me a small ew return last time, where he seemed to get the hang of things late on. Venetia bang on form too.

1550 Kempton – Chiefofchiefs
    Big fan of this horse, and I think 2019 could be a big year for him. Already backed him at 5’s.

1635 Wolverhampton – Tor
    I’ve got a decent strike rate with this horse, one of those horses I manage to catch right. Bet him four times in the past, winning three of them. Seems to have plenty in his favour at 9-2.

1800 Dundalk – Jungle Jungle
    I followed a few of the Bungle Inthejungle offspring last summer, but this guy came on to the scene in the Autumn. This could be his trip, and only a matter of time before Jessica Harrington gets a win from him. Looks big at 6’s.

1900 Dundalk – Markhan
    I thought he shaped well over hurdles, but Gordon Elliot has him running on the AW for now. I’d still like to see him back over timber though, as I think they could have some fun with him. For now though, back to 12f, he looks value around 5’s.

Moderate bets at those prices, they’re all short enough, so I’ll rely on win perms as well. Geordie B is far too short, as he’ll be perms only, and I’ll add Midnight Glory to them as well, to try and boost. Not my favourite “Midnight” to bet, just a little unreliable.

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 14668

Well that’s 2019, so time to start looking at future targets. January hasn’t been great the last couple of years, so I’ll tread carefully this month, but there were some interesting types on show over New Year, particularly with one race in mind at The Festival.

Midnight Shadow was a revelation, and I like horses which bag “recognised” races. He’s not been around long, and can already boast a Scottish Champion Hurdle, and a Relkeel. These races are tough to land, and he’s won them both well. More to come, and he looks a dark horse for The Stayers. As I said the other day, Aux Ptit Soins didn’t necessarily have a future outwith Handicaps, and hardly a surprise that he heading for The Stayers now as well. Bachasson might be staying over timber as well, and he’d have to be come into the picture as well.

Over at Tramore on New Years Day, Al Boum Photo quite rightly for all the plaudits, but back in third, Invitational Only ran a race which screamed “Thyestes” to me.

Other races on the horizon in January, are The Cotswold Chase, The Classic, and The Skybet.

I’ve too many on my mind for The Cotswold, but early doors I like Achille for Warwick if over his exertions from Exeter, while I’d love to see Dingo Dollar round Doncaster in The Skybet.

February sees The Eider Chase come around, and I’m desperate to see Reivers Lad get an entry. His win at the track last month is worth a watch.

Already mentioned my early fancies for The Betfair Hurdle, but I’ll definitely be holding fire, while really looking forward to The Dublin Festival.

Next week sees the first of The Cheltenham entries, and I’m normally very optimistic at this time of year for my Gold Cup “book”, but after three years in a row, where I’ve been very “green”, this years effort is less inspired at this stage, and I might face a struggle to green out.

Other recent eyecatchers….

Auvergnat
    Commodore
    Doitforthevillage
    Lostintranslation
    Valtor

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 14668

1335 Cork
    Midnight Stroll, Jett, Dromore Lad
    20p tcs fcs

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 14668

Veterans Final
    Pete The Feat, Theatre Guide, Houblon Des Obeaux
    20p Combination Exactas and Trifecta

Exacta paid £115.30

+£154.22

Nathan Hughes
    Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 20340

What a legend Houblon is
    nice work…. :good:

Don't Eat The Pie and Don't Buy The S*n
    Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 14668

Thanks Nath, bloody love that horse.

Well done yourself on napping him, nice hit mate.

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4906

Mate what your bets today and are you on our old pal as well i am :yes: BALLYKHAN

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 14668

Hi Darren,

Ballykan too short for me today, but he must go close here surely.

Ultragold is main bet today, but also with…..

Black Corton
    Rockpoint
    Holly Bush Henry
    Canyon City
    Kylecrue

I could make a case for White Moon at 11-2, but not made my mind up, while I’ll definitely bet another in the 1410 at Fairyhouse, but undecided between Cubomania and Tycoon Prince.

Good luck today mate.

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 14668

1410 Fairyhouse
    Kylecrue Tycoon Cubo

30p tri
    20p ex

Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 476 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.