Nothing Gained 4

Home Forums Tipping and Research Daily Lays And Plays Nothing Gained 4

This topic contains 782 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by  darren83 6 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 661 through 675 (of 783 total)
  • Author
    Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 14088

Ultima
    Cogry, Sizing Codelco, Shantou Flyer
    20p Combination Forecasts and Tricasts

-£284.67

Flyers Nap
    Participant
    • Total Posts 268

No worries…..same here last night,first time seen this one down.

Lots moaning re ground,opposite for me,natural ground is a rarity,it will be interesting if the weight stats come back into play,not easy to assess on the first day,but we might get a clue today.

Brief word on chelt forum earlier with someone who knows the owner of the gary moore horse in the ultima,Casse Tete,I stuck him up when he won last time at warwick,they think he will go well today,had a few quid on him as a saver.

Be cheering on yours as well…….great days racing.

GL

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 14088

National Hunt Chase
    No Comment, Mossback, Pylonthepressure
    20p Combination Forecasts, and Tricasts

-£286.67

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 14088

Close Bros Novices
    Western Miller, Jameson
    50p Reverse Exacta
    20p Forecasts and Tricasts with Livelovelaugh

-£287.67

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 14088

Not too much to add on Day One, other than “what about that Midnight Tour”…….so bloody close, and would have been a whopper for me at odds over 300’s.

Main Lowlights were not getting a five timer in The NH Chase, my luck coming to an end, while Cogry was very poor. Sizing Codelco was desperate again, and the horse clearly has some sort of issue.

No winners then, but four ew returns, taking maximum advantage of place concessions, made all the difference.

Paloma Blue ew 14’s
    Mick Jazz ew 40’s
    Midnight Tour ew 100’s
    Jameson ew 50’s, and 66’s

Despite those cracking odds, it was a losing day by a few quid, as I had plenty on The NH Chase, and that ate into the profit.

Still when you’re hitting 40, 66, and 100-1 shots each way, you’re no in a position to complain, and very happy with how Day One went.

Flyers Nap
    Participant
    • Total Posts 268

Morning Mate

Real sickener Midnight…..hoping you had an in play lay?Losing day here,most ran ok, ms parfois was a real shame,no disgrace getting nutted after 4 miles,if they all ran that well,I will be happy.Mr Whitaker clawed a little back,despite hughes every effort to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Two tough handicaps,the graded races look no easier,not so sure why I was looking forward to this so much ;-)

1-30 Duc De Genievres / Vision Des Flos
    2-10 Black Corton / Elegant Escape
    2-50 Voix De Reve / The Organist
    3-30 Min
    4-10 Urgent de gregaine / Hurricane Dawn
    4-50 Grand Sancy / Esprit de samosa

Will have a look at the bumper later,not a race I go mad.

As always need that little bit luck at the right time,just so your not alone,also had midnight/la bague/apples jade in exacta/trifecta coming to last :cry:

Keep at it.

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 14088

Well on to Day 2, and as it’s by far the weakest of the 4 days, it’s my day for going out on the piss, so just a quick look.

Ballymore
    Very hopeful that we see the real deal from Samcro today, so not much of a betting. Not that it will stop me. Last years winning yard have the big outsider Gowiththeflow at 80’s, while Brahma Bullat 33’s, just looks a bit big to me. Can’t possibly be big bets on that pair, but a wee bit each way won’t hurt.

RSA
    It’s great for this thread that Presenting Percy and Monalee have risen through the ranks, as many a discussion about the pair on here between myself and Stilvi. If neither of them can win, I hope that Black Corton can do the business, as it would give me hope for my 66’s on The King George. No bet though.

Coral Cup
    Very hopeful for Fixe Le Kap, who I took the 33’s each way on, while I have savers on Diamond King & William Henry.

Champion Chase
    Again, not a big race for me, but big odds on Ordinary World, both on the exchanges, and each way. Bang there with Min when he clouted the last at Leapordstown, and though debatable if he would have won, I don’t think he’d have been beaten far. Min is 4’s, Ordinary World is 66’s.

Cross Country
    Cause of Causes and Tiger Roll in the same race. I don’t have much to add on the pair, that I haven’t already done on here. Hoping for a good run from Beeves, to book his ticker for Aintree, while at around 33’s, Hurricane Darwin could surprise, and I’ll have an each way on him.

Fred Winter
    No strong view on this race, but I’ll chance Oxford Blu 18’s, and Mastermind 28’s, both each way 5 Places.

Bumper
    Been keen on Didtheyleaveyoutoo for months, but went with Seddon antepost at 50’s. I’ll cover the JP horse too, and 16’s is big.

Coral Cup
    Fixe Le Kap, Diamond King, William Henry
    20p Combination Forecasts, and Tricasts

Cross Country
    Cause of Cause & Tiger Roll
    £10 Reverse Exacta
    20p Combination Forecasts and Tricasts with Hurricane Darwin

Fred Winter
    Oxford Blu, Mastermind
    Bumper
    Seddon, Didtheyleaveyoutoo
    2 x 50p Reverse Exactas

-£314.47

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 14088

Oooft, that would have been a nice trifecta mate. Yeah, always lay in running, if I have a horse with a potential big return. It softened the blow……….just.

Good to see you with Hurricane Darwin, this is a horse who is not be underestimated, and good luck with him, and the rest of your squad as well of course.

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1437

WD with your Mick Jazz and Midnight Tour EWs, they both ran good races esp little Midnight Tour, a game little thing.

I like your Brahma Bull bet on this ground. He caught my eye in Listowel that harvest festival week when they were running in a bog and he was giving away weight.

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 14088

Cheers Grass, that Midnight Tour race nearly tipped me over the edge lol

GL with Brahma, sporting chance of a place hopefully.

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 14088

JLT – Small bets on Shattered Love 6.6’s, and Kemboy 22’s ew, and a 50p Rev F/C

-£315.47

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 14088

No time for the usual waffle today, still a bit tender (i.e hungover to f’ck) today. Not much I can add from yesterday. As I haven’t been shy in saying, Tiger Roll is the real deal, should be in The Gold Cup tomorrow, and by far my biggest bet of the week, at 20’s, and also 12’s to win any race. It was a day, and night, to remember in the pub. Paying for it now.

It was a good job Tiger did the business, as bar a decent lay in running on Seddon, it was mainly losers. So disappointed with Cause of Causes, and I hope he bounces back. I’ve said many times (and so did Flyers Nap) that I couldn’t see the pair of them running in this, it didn’t make sense, and it may just be that that was purely an Aintree prep for Cause of Causes.

On to the Pertemps, and got Dell Arca 33’s ew 6 Places, also 40’s and 42’s, Kansas City Chief 33’s ew, and Delta Work 11’s win.

Pertemps
    Dell Arca, Kansas City Chief, Delta Work
    20p Combination Forecasts and Tricasts

-£317.87

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 14088

Got the entire field running for me here, but……….Come on Sam!!!!

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 14088

Great race this, but my record in it is abysmal
    Ballyalton 16’s
    Ballybolley 40’s
    Midnight Shot 66’s
    All 0.7 pts ew 6pls Various

20p Combination Forecasts Tricasts

-£320.27

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 14088

Been a good day, and even though I lost a couple of quid on The Brown Plate, I finally got one places, so celebration time here lol

Won enough today to justify playing a couple each way in The Mares Novices.

Cut The Mustard 33’s
    High School Day 10’s
    50p Reverse Forecast

-£321.27

Viewing 15 posts - 661 through 675 (of 783 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.