The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Noddies way..

Home Forums Horse Racing Noddies way..

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    SirHarryLewis
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1208

I wonder if you can bet on the distance from the first horse to the last given the prescence of Noddies Way in the field.  Im just wondering why he was entered in the first place.  His hardly bred for it.

SHL

sberry
    • Total Posts 1801

why not bred for it, what am i missing ?  it’s by a decent stayer, out of a winning miler and hurdler herself by an irish derby winner – i think that’s pretty ok for a middle distance/stayer.  (it’ll have the speed for the derby through it’s dams win over the mile and the fact the dam is related to a 5F winner :) )

as for why it’s entered good luck to them for being able to live the dream.  a class move using the derby as the debut for this horse, imo.

i sense a 1000 price on the exchanges at the off.  good to see Kent’s second winning trainer getting some exposure.

FlatSeasonLover
    • Total Posts 2065

It was provisionally entered and I understand they had a row with its previous trainer and it would have cost them more to withdraw it. They were hoping to get balloted out as they would have been refunded.;)

davidbrady
    • Total Posts 3901

sberry – why back him on the Exchanges – he’s 1000/1 with virtually every bookie! He was actually 2500/1 with a couple yesterday but mmust have been back in:biggrin:

FlatSeasonLover
    • Total Posts 2065

The bookies must have realised they don’t need to offer more than 1000/1:biggrin:

sberry
    • Total Posts 1801

because i was thinking of putting him in a double with england to win the world cup but the bookies said it would be classed as related bets as they would both involve rocking horse s**t :biggrin:

FlatSeasonLover
    • Total Posts 2065

They’re both losers either way sberry:)

sberry
    • Total Posts 1801

yeah, but noddies way running tomorrow (if it does) won’t make the streets of our towns and practically every pub in the land a no go area for the next month, which if i have to be honest, as patriotic as i am, really pi**es me off and i wish it weren’t happening :angry:

Mr Frisk
    Participant
    • Total Posts 163

SHL

Paddy Power have a market on how far behind the winner he will be.

50-1   up to and including 30 lengths. <br>16-1   30 1/4 up to 50<br>8-1     50 1/4 up to 75<br>3-1     75 1/4 up to 100<br>7-4     100 1/4 up to 125<br>11-10 more than 125 lengths

NW must finish, Racing Post distance applies (ie done on time between NW and horse in front if more than 30 lengths, think they use 5 lengths a second).

Reckon this could be one of those markets that sound like a good idea when they do it, but could get them into trouble. Would certainly be interesting to know what the jockeys’ instructions will be in the almost certain event that he’s tailing off after two or three furlongs. If it’s to ease down and come home just before the judge stands up, 11-10 on 125 or more would look a tad on the large side.

Irish Stamp
    • Total Posts 3181

Erm £2.50 on up to 50 lengths will do for me.  

sberry
    • Total Posts 1801

that’s what i was thinking mr frisk but i can see it doing that and ambling across the line a minute or so after the winner and then being declared as PU and therefore not a finisher – i might phone them up and see if they’ll take 10k at 11/10 from someone living in Kent.

FlatSeasonLover
    • Total Posts 2065

Officially 30 lengths I see. I hope it cost Paddy Power a lot of money

DeadlySins
    • Total Posts 105

The owner had the right attitude, the Derby is the biggest race a horse can run in,entering right from the beginning wouldn’t have cost a fortune, the jockey was given the instructions to keep the horse out of the way of others therefore not impede their runs at all, and lastly his whole family had a day at Epsom where they watched their horse run in the Blue Riband, Good Luck to him.:)

jackane24
    • Total Posts 444

Exactly. Noddie’s Way finished exactly 30 lengths behind the winner. Noddie’s Way had NEVER had a race before and he was bred for the jumps. And people question my questioning of the form. Unbelievable. Only 30 lengths. You must admit that is incredible.

FlatSeasonLover
    • Total Posts 2065

I would wait to see how Noddies Way performs in its maiden before judging it Jackane.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.