The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Grand National 2011

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Grand National 2011

Viewing 17 posts - 205 through 221 (of 529 total)
  • Author
    • Total Posts 638

Excellent and interesting post Ginge’

Participant
    • Total Posts 2232

little josh out, ruled out for season leg injury

vf

Participant
    • Total Posts 2232

little josh out

vf

Keymaster
    • Total Posts 9224

Jack Milner has written a Grand national ante-post article for the Features section of the site –

http://www.theracingforum.co.uk/horse-racing-features/2011/02/state-the-grand-national-ante-post-play

Good post GT, when you look a trends you have to take account of horses who have LOST as well as won.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2232

I would just like to thank Ginge on behalf of the forum for publishing these. Top work!

it was me :wink:

vf

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Dont get me wrong i love the way synchronized moves but after watching the welsh national about four times now, im really not sure if he can handle the aintree fences . Chepstow is one thing but aintree national fences is a completely different prospect . The jury is out on this at the moment.

• Total Posts 602

Fair along ran a good trial yesterday, stayed on strongly and was infront after the post, the first 2 were out on there feet and he look as fresh as paint unsaddling. Bit small for the national but really tries over fences and is quite clever when he gets one wrong

Fair Along has also got an entry in the Nakayama Grand Jump 7 days later on April 16th. It will be interesting to see where they go with the horse, but personally I would head to Japan – I think the 2m 5f round Nakayama would suit the horse better than 4 1/2 miles round Aintree, and the prize money is better in Japan of course.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2232

neptune collenge to go for gold cup instead

vf

Participant
    • Total Posts 2232

neptune collenge removed, goes for gold cup instead

vf

Participant
    • Total Posts 2034

I would just like to thank Ginge on behalf of the forum for publishing these. Top work!

it was me :wink:

vf

Indeed it was sir, apologies for that. Thank you once more for publishing and keeping us informed! Jack :)

• Total Posts 5

I’m not one for backing half a dozen in the race I just pick one and take my chance.

If the ground is good/good to soft then I’ll back

Oscar Time

If its soft/heavy then I can’t see past

Silver by Nature

Participant
    • Total Posts 2232

no probs, from the female racegoer :lol:

vf

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9289

Must point out that vikingflagship does this for us every year, and yes, thanks are in order!

Old Applejack
    Participant
    • Total Posts 209

First forfeit stage sees 82 left in, 19 scratched.

Among those out are Neptune Collonges, Tranquil Sea, Fair Along, Just Amazing, Little josh, Khachaturian, Taranis, Nicto de Beauchene, Mobaasher

Merigo now 63rd on the list.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2232

Must point out that vikingflagship does this for us every year, and yes, thanks are in order!

thanks, no probs i like doing it :D

scratchings from first forfeit stage are –

THE FOLLOWING ENTRIRD HAVE BEEN SCRATCHED: APT APPROACH (IRE), CANE BRAKE (IRE), CARRONHILLS (IRE), FAIR ALONG (GER), FROM DAWN TO DUSK, GLENCOVE MARINA (IRE), I’MSINGINGTHEBLUES (IRE), JUST AMAZING (IRE), KHACHATURIAN (IRE), LITTLE JOSH (IRE), MOBAASHER (USA), NEPTUNE COLLONGES (FR), NICTO DE BEAUCHENE (FR), NOBLE CONCORDE, QUEZAC DE LA ROQUE (FR), QUISCOVER FONTAINE (FR), TARANIS (FR), TINAKELLYLAD (IRE), TRANQUIL SEA (IRE

will update the weights list now

vf

Participant
    • Total Posts 2232

THE FOLLOWING ENTRIRD HAVE BEEN SCRATCHED: APT APPROACH (IRE), CANE BRAKE (IRE), CARRONHILLS (IRE), FAIR ALONG (GER), FROM DAWN TO DUSK, GLENCOVE MARINA (IRE), I’MSINGINGTHEBLUES (IRE), JUST AMAZING (IRE), KHACHATURIAN (IRE), LITTLE JOSH (IRE), MOBAASHER (USA), NEPTUNE COLLONGES (FR), NICTO DE BEAUCHENE (FR), NOBLE CONCORDE, QUEZAC DE LA ROQUE (FR), QUISCOVER FONTAINE (FR), TARANIS (FR), TINAKELLYLAD (IRE), TRANQUIL SEA (IRE

vf

• Total Posts 2440

Looks like connectiosn of Quinz are keen to run him in the Grand National.

Looks to be quite well in at the weights too.

He should jump well, and stays all day, interesting horse.

Viewing 17 posts - 205 through 221 (of 529 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.