The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Newton Abbot, Monday August 6th

Home Forums Horse Racing Newton Abbot, Monday August 6th

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    graysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6939

Anyone going?

Although Abbot was just the second course I ever visited (after the pre-desecration Wolverhampton), it’s been 18 year since I’ve last been. Time to put that right, methinks!

It’s not exactly next door to Hertfordshire, but then I am an idiot where taking on long trips is concerned (I’m back in London for the GBBF the following day, and music festy-ing in South Wales later the same week), and I could use a trip to Devon as a recce for mileage / petrol in case any of my point-to-pointing activity compels me to pop down that way this winter.

With typical brilliance I’m arranging this trip just after Mesh, whom I’d mentioned catching up with for a chat at some West Country venue on several occasions, has moved from Exeter to London. Bah! No matter, if any of you are likely to be there and fancy a meet up, just drop me a PM.

Cheers,

Jeremy
    (graysonscolumn)

The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

seabird
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2924

Jeremy, I would imagine Mully will be there taking some snaps.

It’s one of her local tracks.

Colin

rory
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2685

I’m not trying to avoid you, Jeremy, but my brother’s getting married and I shall be in the old country. Altogether now "And it’s home boys home……."

Adrian
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1041

We’re trying Newton Abbot for the first time at the end of August and really looking forward to the West Country.

Whilst driving to Ascot today I was listening to Radio 2 and there was a mention for Jeremy Grayson off to Cyprus to get married this weekend – is there something we should know?!

graysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6939

Lordy, Mrs Column has kept that quiet…. :shock:

gc

The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

Meshaheer
    • Total Posts 486

I’m actually back from London for a while (in Cornwall, I’m all over the place) before I move up there on a permanent basis. I would love to come but I’m not sure if I can make it as yet.

Newton Abbot isn’t the greatest track in the world but it’s small and friendly, and evening meetings are good. I won my first ever bet at NA on the placepot when I was 12 :wink:

I’ll keep you posted

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.