The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Newbury- two horse fatalities, electrical problem in paddock

Home Forums Horse Racing Newbury- two horse fatalities, electrical problem in paddock

Viewing 17 posts - 18 through 34 (of 326 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

They keep saying how people are upset and shocked, but yet not upset enough to forget about revenue/money and look after all the horses at the course today.

Old Applejack
    Participant
    • Total Posts 209

Channel Four showing what happened now.

I think the important thing here is nobody knows what caused it FACT. It’s just guesswork,nobody can say for 100% sure but yet connections were happy to run their horses without knowing what caused this incident for sure.

Shamre on those connections, digusting people.

And you’re happy to cast aspersions and form an opinion despite not knowing 100% what happened?

Ems
    Participant
    • Total Posts 11

Horrific. One horse jumped, staggered and then ended on the grass and seemed to recover ( withdrawn, obviously). The others were all fine until getting to the same point.The next one reared up and kicked out, and the one behind did likewise, and I could hear the lad saying that he was getting "shocks" through the bridle, and 2 horses went down. One had his legs rigid, like he had broken his neck after a fence fall, both were "jerking" on the ground.
    Couldn’t stay – left in tears.

• Total Posts 980

Newbury off.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

I think the important thing here is nobody knows what caused it FACT. It’s just guesswork,nobody can say for 100% sure but yet connections were happy to run their horses without knowing what caused this incident for sure.

And you’re happy to cast aspersions and form an opinion despite not knowing 100% what happened?

What on earth are you talking about, if there is any doubt racing shud be cancelled.

Keymaster
    • Total Posts 9230

racing abandoned

• Total Posts 980

Called off.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Racing cancelled, right decisions, if any doubt, even the slightest doubt then you MUST cancel racing.

Still outraged that they ran that first race, if anything the fact that they cancelled racing now highlights how idiotic it was to run that first race.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Good decision, Racing couldn’t go ahead after that.

Well done Newbury racecourse.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

The only opinion I have is that racing should of been cancelled, nobody knew why this happened but yet they were happy to take the chance and run the first race despite not knowing what caused the incident. Every single one of thoses horses in the first race were at risk but yet they ran the race, they then cancel racing for the day for thoses horses who werent even exposed to the incident area.

Disgusted with the treatment of those horses who were made run in the first.

msercs
    Participant
    • Total Posts 163

How could the officials at Newbury let the first race be run let alone the owners/trainers for letting their horses run.

RIP Marching Song & Fenix two

Old Applejack
    Participant
    • Total Posts 209

What on earth are you talking about, if there is any doubt racing shud be cancelled.

Agreed. But you have no idea yourself, so it’s rich to cast aspersions on those who ran their horses in the first, when those with the best idea were connections themselves. I’m sure if they had any doubt, they’d have withdrawn. Maybe someone could confirm that the vets checked them – that’s what I’ve read.

If Newbury thinks it’s best to cancel then fine – those of us who were not there are not in a position to argue with any aspect of it.

Robert Gibbs
    Participant
    • Total Posts 325

Fully agree with Msercs, how could they run that first race, and if you owned or trained one of those horses how could you have let them run, a few people have gone down in my estimation.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Absolutely disgusted with officials and all connected to runners in the first. Nothing short of Disgusting treatment.

They were happy to let horses exposed to the incident area run in the first race, but yet cancel racing but those not exposed to it, proof of their total imcompitence.

They say the racecourse couldn’t take any chance – excuse me but you did take a chance, you risked every single horse in the first race and they are now reporting burn marks on horses after coming back from the first.

The fact is they were willing to risk their horses in the first and make a call after that. Pure disgusting people.

Keymaster
    • Total Posts 9230

Completely bizarre set of events and, as far as I know, unprecedented.

There will no doubt be some difficult questions for the racecourse to answer but can I just ask posters to concentrate on the known facts in what is a very emotive subject matter.

Keymaster
    • Total Posts 9230

Joncol – you’ve made your point.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Right fair enough lads.

Right as I said any I’m not continuing to support this sport after the attitude of owners/trainers there today.

Horses welfare clearly doesn’t come first.

Won’t be watching this sport again, have defended it on countless occasions over the years to those who say its cruel, won’t be defending it anymore. Let the sport go to ruins as it clearly is going to in the future.

It’s not what I thought it was.

Horrible horrible people involved in it.

Viewing 17 posts - 18 through 34 (of 326 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.