The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Need a few opinions on a couple of books

Home Forums Lounge Need a few opinions on a couple of books

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    bigpike89
    • Total Posts 13

I’ve watched Borough Scott talk about his new book on Racing Post TV and was impressed, anyone got or read it? Was it any good?

Also I’m a big fan of Mark Howard books – anyone swear by them?

monksfield
    • Total Posts 257

Your local library is your friend :P

The latest B.S. is OK, but I wasn’t gripped by the urge to buy it for myself.

Keymaster
    • Total Posts 1176

Your local library is your friend :P

The latest B.S. is OK, but I wasn’t gripped by the urge to buy it for myself.

Will it be in the library lad? (sorry, habitual habit saying that for a Scouser)

I cant wait that long for Ahead On The Flat 2009 to hit the library, season will be finished by time it does! :wink:

ReasonoverFaith
    • Total Posts 346

Brough Scott’s book is decent but I’m sure there are stories in there very very similar to those in ‘On and off the Rails’, but my memory may be playing tricks on me. Also, there’s very little, if any, critical analysis of people discussed so you should be prepared for that.

Read a biography of Mouse Morris over Christmas, which really could have been condensed to – ‘Mouse is a lovely fellar,would never do anything to harm anyone, honest as the day is long and knows how to prepare a horse for Cheltenham.’

I liked Nevison’s two books but some people loathe him and his approach.

I’ve enjoyed reading Mordin and Beyer’s books, even if their angles are not for me, I found them all interesting.

Keymaster
    • Total Posts 1176

Brough Scott’s book is decent but I’m sure
    Read a biography of Mouse Morris over Christmas, which really could have been condensed to – ‘Mouse is a lovely fellar,would never do anything to harm anyone, honest as the day is long and knows how to prepare a horse for Cheltenham.’

Haha

That by BS?

So is there any insightful, but honest, and objective/critical writers?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.