The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

national hunt – who you looking forward to?

Home Forums Archive Topics Trends, Research And Notebooks national hunt – who you looking forward to?

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 56 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2271

who you looking forward to watching this ntional hunt season

kauto star
    exotic dancer
    simon
    nine de sivola
    hot weld

Participant
    • Total Posts 7511

I think we’ve had a similar thread a while back, but there’s one i’m looking out for and that is Kelso bumper STEADY TIGER over hurdles. Beat Chestnut Charlie, twice an easy winner in Ireland (then disqualified and banned for ‘flapping’), with the rest well back. Trainer reckons he wasn’t really a bumper horse, so on that basis I’d expect this one to be a decetn hurdler.

onefurlongout
    • Total Posts 197

Plenty of horse to get excited about.

looking forward to seeing the major players from last year in particular Katchit and Kauto Star.

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9300

looking forward to Paul Nicholls doing an Aiden O’Brien and having a choice of twenty horses in each race; the difference being that O’Brien only has one set of owners to keep happy – will be a bit like plate spinning [but much more exciting]. horses of interest What a Friend, Woolcombe Folly, Willyan Woody [?] and Nevadah Royale. and of course Kauto Star [if my blood pressure can take it]. Seeing Hardy Eustace win the stayers [grand little horse] and Chief Dan George. Also seeing the northern trainers do really well again…can’t wait….mo

Grasshopper
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2316

Kazal in novice chases
    Fiveforthree in novice hurdles
    Lord Henry (possibly one for the Paddy Power)
    The Tother One in novice hurdles

• Total Posts 790

Yeats ( Running in the Champion Hurdle :lol: )

Silver Birch & Bewleys Berry (National)

• Total Posts 263

Well Chief is the horse I am most anxious to see. I’m really hoping that he can recapture the level of form that he showed against Azertyuiop & Moscow Flyer. If he does then he can clean up in the 2m division this season because in that form he’d be in a different league to his rivals. Also a meeting between of an in form Well Chief and Kauto Star in the Tingle Creek chase would be mouthwatering. In my opinion WC at his best is capeable of beating KS over 2m. In fact I think WC is the only horse in training that is capeable of beating KS.

GhostofTheFellow
    • Total Posts 410

MYWAY DE SOLZEN,watching his Gold Cup campaign

IRISH RAPTOR, real dark horse for the national.

But there are many many more

Prufrock
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2081

besides the obvious (Kauto Star)

Bobs Pride
    My Way de Solzen

prospero
    • Total Posts 15

My Way De Solzen
    Cork All Star
    Benefit Night
    Nickname
    Black Harry
    Glencove Marina
    Beautiful Sound/Agus A Vic

Participant
    • Total Posts 6010

I’ll be interested to see how B Powell’s Colonel Frank gets on back over fences after a lengthy layoff and two spins over hurdles. Very much took the eye as an accomplished jumper when last seen chasing almost three years ago. Rising 11 though.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2271

forgot trabolgan

zome
    • Total Posts 232

My old favourite BALLYCASSIDY obviously! :D

Twist Magic, My Way De Solzen, Gaspara, Denman, Well Chief, Decisive.

seabird
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2923

"My old favourite BALLYCASSIDY obviously! "

Hasn’t he been racing during the summer, poor little bugger could do with a rest now, I would have thought! :wink:

Colin

zome
    • Total Posts 232

Yes he’s been raced quite a bit as he seems to race better during the Summer. I’m just hoping he can FINALLY win the National next year!

:D

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9300

re Ballycassidy – was at Kelso in May when he won a class 3 and ran to the winners enclosure so that I could be really close to him! I didn’t realise from seeing him on the telly how absolutely tiny he is. Everyone, including the opposition were really pleased for Peter Bowen that day. I know he’ll be 12 next April, but how brilliant it would be for him to win, fingers crossed….

Participant
    • Total Posts 6966

Agreed. Few horses in training at present are as tough and giving as Ballycassidy, and he deserves to land at least one more big prize. Shame in a way that he’s not eligible for hunters’ chases for at least another season, if not two, as he’d rate a serious player in those.

gc

Adoptive father of two. The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 56 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.