The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Myanne

Home Forums Memorials Myanne

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    • Total Posts 433

Very sadly broke her pelvis in the 14.40 at Thirsk yesterday and was pts. Only 2 years old, poor little lass. RIP.

Participant
    • Total Posts 385

Yet another fatal injury on the flat for no apparent reason :( Or did she stumble or slip or something like that?

RIP young girl :cry:

• Total Posts 433

Not that I could see, NH. She had only gone 100yds or so before it happened and she was covered up by the other runners. The horse that was closest to her suddenly veered to it’s left, maybe when she broke down. (Film on ATR). There is a report on the website of her trainer, Ann Duffield, but it doesn’t say much more.

mamamia
    • Total Posts 50

Very sad news and so young. How is the severity of a pelvic fracture diagnosed on the track without X-rays? Newfangled was investigated before the sad decision to PTS was made. I read the trainers blog on her website and felt it was rather blunt. Thoughts go to the poor breeder who was devastated. RIP Myanne :(

Participant
    • Total Posts 16968

So many sad losses and another Pelvic fatality..RIP Baby :cry:

To return home from holidays to so many sad losses hard to take in, respects to all but can’t read any more at moment Jo.

Poor little girl, condolences to all connections :cry:

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    linnet
    Participant
    • Total Posts 101

Just read the trainers comment … her referenceto the death and the taxman was bazzar to say the least, she would have come over better if she had shown only empathy for the horse and her connections instead of the matter of fact face of cold omfort.

Participant
    • Total Posts 385

Just read the trainers comment … her referenceto the death and the taxman was bazzar to say the least, she would have come over better if she had shown only empathy for the horse and her connections instead of the matter of fact face of cold omfort.

Haven’t read that, and don’t want to :( . I find the idea that a racehorse trainer regards the death of a beautiful young horse akin to a crashed car write-off quite abhorrent.

I know life goes on and all that, but still…..not nice :(

mamamia
    • Total Posts 50

My thoughts exactly.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.