The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Moyglare 2009

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Moyglare 2009

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Imperial Call
    • Total Posts 2184

(3:45) 239E Moyglare Stud Stakes (Group 1)
    €147,600.00 ( 7f – 2yo )

1 3 Famous(95) (APO’Brien) – JAHeffernan…………. 8,12
    2 5 Gile Na Gréine (JSBolger) – KJManning ……………. 8,12
    3 6 Gold Bubbles (USA)(103) (JSBolger) – DJMoran(B)…………… 8,12
    4 7 Lillie Langtry(109) (APO’Brien) – JPMurtagh ……………. 8,12
    5 2 Long Lashes (USA) (SBSuroor (in GB)) – LDettori……….. 8,12
    6 1 Termagant (KPrendergast) – DPMcDonogh………… 8,12
    7 4 Wrong Answer (GB)(96) (KPrendergast) – CDHayes ……………… 8,12

Should be like old times at the Curragh tomorrow with Coolmore and Godolphin locking horns in a Group 1. Lillie Langtry took a while to get going last time at Leopardstown but she saw out the seven there very well. She should have no problems on this stiffer track and although she’s never encountered heavy ground, being by Danehill Dancer it shouldn’t inconvenience her too much. I don’t think she represents much value at a shade of odds on though.

Long Lashes has course form and comes from a yard in good form. A line through Gold Bubbles and Elusive Galaxy leaves her with little to find with the favourite. Despite this, she doesn’t really appeal to me at a skinny enough price.

The form of Termagant’s maiden has worked out well and the 10/1 about her looks tempting. However, she’s been off the track since 11 June and that would not be the norm for the Prendergast yard. I suspect she might just need the run.

Gile Na Gréine is the horse that interests me here. She won her maiden over course and distance on similar ground a fortnight ago. The form took a bit of a knock at Galway today when Black Eyed Susan got turned over but Bolger would not be pitching up here unless she was showing plenty on the gallops at Coolcullen. She’ll stay out this trip well being a Galilieo and I think she’s the value alternative to the front two in the market.

Stacelita
    • Total Posts 202

I like gile na griene won her maiden on heavy and open to impovement value at the current price.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

I thought

Termagant

won really nicely on debut and runner-up Cabaret couldn’t have done more for the form. Her lack of a recent run speaks volumes for me given that Kevin Prendergast didn’t waste any time in pitching stablemate Alshahbaa (herself an impressive debut winner) against Cabaret at Leopardstown, and I’ll take her over the thus far uninspiring pair of Lillie Langtry and Lush Lashes.

Zarkava
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4691

Very nice, Equitrack.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Thanks, Zarkava.

Lillie Langtry was perhaps unsuited by the heavy ground and may not have run to form as a result (I have my doubts though, despite Famous reversing form with her), but Long Lashes didn’t appear to have any excuses so the winner looks pretty decent.

Irish Stamp
    • Total Posts 3177

Nice one Equi – great call!

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

well spotted Equi

wallace-no7
    • Total Posts 1511

Well done Equitrack you kept the faith.

The price was 14/1 last night went out to 30/1 this morning.

Incredible that it still won after that drift.

So much for the word that it needed Good Ground…it absoutely sluiced up. Good for Kevin to take some off Ballydoyle and Bolger.

Looks to have a good group this year although that Wrong Answer was desperate despite loving the ground. All eyes on Kingsfort now

Stacelita
    • Total Posts 202

I was going to do split stake singles on Termagant and Gile ge greine but for some odd reason thought better of it. Damn!

Gerald
    • Total Posts 4293

Ha ha Stacelita

I DID do split stake singles on Termagant and Gile Na Greine – unfortunately they were split £2 and £20!

However somehow accidentally wangled to get a 42 price :shock: . It was about 36-38 when I was placing the bet, and about 36-38 immediately afterwards. (This was just before the race.)

(I know aftertiming is a serious crime here, with the threat of ostracisation, but everyone backs a winner sometime. In for a penny, in for a pound. My problem with Gile Na Greine was that I had backed her when she had won her Maiden, so it was hard to let her go.)

Stacelita
    • Total Posts 202

8) Nice one remember profit is profit bookies don’t give any1 money for free. I might only be a novice compared to lot of people but i’ve learned some valuable lessons in my short time.
    If i hadn’t I would’ve backed OBriens filly blindly but it takes a lot of hard work and watching to make money out of this sport.

Gerald
    • Total Posts 4293

Phew, tell me about it. I’m slightly drowning at the moment and am holding on until the dry land of the NH season arrives.

Peter Poston’s Ghost
    Participant
    • Total Posts 548

I saw a post-race interview in which Kevin Prendergast stated that he did not think that the winner would run again this season.

That may well be a wise decision as after the flogging she received from McDonough she would likely not run with any great enthusiasm.

I complained on here last year about the same jockey knocking spots off a horse called Alhaban in the Railway Stakes last year. That horse ran twice more last year finishing last of 5 and 12th of 18 and has not been seen since.

The jockey is a disgrace.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.