The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Monday 3rd April

Home Forums Tipping and Research Daily Lays And Plays Monday 3rd April

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    FlatSeasonLoverFlatSeasonLover
    • Total Posts 2065

2:40 Lingfield – 5f Maiden Auction Stakes

Everyman 70<br>Fast Freddie 76+<br>Pernomente 60

None of the newcomers look anything special though Lord Charles and Peppin’s Gold catch the eye and may be worth a small interest if they are big prices. Fast Freddie is my top rated and his run was over the same course and distance so there are no issues about handling the surface. Presuming he is not odds on then I’ll be going for Fast Freddie.

1pt win Fast Freddie.

• Total Posts 2065

2:30 Southwell – 5f Maiden Auction Stakes

1(6)  Chief Editor  M J Wallace  2 8-12 Derek Nolan(5)   <br>2(2)  Readyforone  P D Evans  2 8-9 R Winston   <br>3(4) 22 Urban Warrior 7   J R Best  2 8-9 L Dettori   <br>4(1) 9 Banana Belle 16  P S McEntee  2 8-4 Donna Caldwell(7)   <br>5(5)  Baytown Paikea  P S McEntee  2 8-4 B Reilly   <br>6(3)  Baytown Rosie  P S McEntee  2 8-4 F P Ferris   <br>7(7) 3 Diminuto 7  M D I Usher  2 8-4 Hayley Turner  

Urban Warrior 63 65<br>Banana Belle 43<br>Diminuto 54

Urban Warrior is the clear form pick of those who have raced but it seems to need further than 5f. The weights are also unfavourable to it and I expect at least one of the newcomers to run to more than 65. Chief Editor has a (5) claimer that keeps its weight below Urban Warrior and is up to winning a weakish maiden like this and Baytown Rosie could also make the most of receiving 5lb from Urban Warrior who is likely to go off favourite again.

1pt win Chief Editor<br>1pt win Baytown Rosie

Maxilon 5Maxilon 5
    • Total Posts 2432

I don’t think I’d run one of my better 2 y-o’s at the sandpit, FSL; a gruelling test so early in their careers.

I wonder whether the Best stable have a nursery in mind for this one.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm…I’d never take any notice of a horse’s form unless it has actually experienced the sand at Southwell.  Deeper than a Philosophy seminar.

Best bet of the day here is Shifty Night, (5.30). The Dunnett horses are in decent form. She’s dropped down to a nice weight over her favourite course and distance. Running into form before last week’s never sighted run on the East Coast, where she was never likely to be suited by the near-unraceable firm ground.

Holland takes the mount again; the opposition is nothing special, with a dubious looking jolly.  I’ll be looking for around 6/1.  

(The cautious might consider this decent each way, but I’ll just use my adapted pay-day enhanced Fibonnaci in an unlikely attempt to wipe out the recent assault on my strike rate… in one hit!! LOL.)

• Total Posts 2065

price doesn’t look so good for Fast Freddie but can’t be helped I suppose

FanciedHorseLayer
    • Total Posts 2929

Best of Luck to All:)

Clive Brittain has made a good start to the season,and has 4 runners today.<br>I will be having PLACE Bets on them,STOPPING once in Profit for the day.

PICTURE SHOW [ 3.10 Lingfield]<br>£5 @ 1.89 [Betfair]

SAMSOUMA [ 4.00 Southwell]<br>£10.Trading currently @ 2.58

ALWARIAH [ 5.00 Southwell]<br>£15.Trading currently @ 2.7

FANN [ 5.40 Lingfield]<br>£20.Trading currently @ 3.8

• Total Posts 2065

Quote: from FlatSeasonLover on 4:55 pm on April 2, 2006[br]2:40 Lingfield – 5f Maiden Auction Stakes

Everyman 70<br>Fast Freddie 76+<br>Pernomente 60

None of the newcomers look anything special though Lord Charles and Peppin’s Gold catch the eye and may be worth a small interest if they are big prices. Fast Freddie is my top rated and his run was over the same course and distance so there are no issues about handling the surface. Presuming he is not odds on then I’ll be going for Fast Freddie.

1pt win Fast Freddie.<br>

1st Lord Charles 25/1<br>2nd Pernomente 7/1<br>3rd Fast Freddie 5/2

On reflection I clearly overrated Fast Freddie presuming he has run his race. Lord Charles finished like a train to get up but to be fair it didn’t deserve to be a 25/1 shot.

-1pt

• Total Posts 2065

Quote: from FlatSeasonLover on 5:51 pm on April 2, 2006[br]2:30 Southwell – 5f Maiden Auction Stakes

1(6)  Chief Editor  M J Wallace  2 8-12 Derek Nolan(5)   <br>2(2)  Readyforone  P D Evans  2 8-9 R Winston   <br>3(4) 22 Urban Warrior 7   J R Best  2 8-9 L Dettori   <br>4(1) 9 Banana Belle 16  P S McEntee  2 8-4 Donna Caldwell(7)   <br>5(5)  Baytown Paikea  P S McEntee  2 8-4 B Reilly   <br>6(3)  Baytown Rosie  P S McEntee  2 8-4 F P Ferris   <br>7(7) 3 Diminuto 7  M D I Usher  2 8-4 Hayley Turner  

Urban Warrior 63 65<br>Banana Belle 43<br>Diminuto 54

Urban Warrior is the clear form pick of those who have raced but it seems to need further than 5f. The weights are also unfavourable to it and I expect at least one of the newcomers to run to more than 65. Chief Editor has a (5) claimer that keeps its weight below Urban Warrior and is up to winning a weakish maiden like this and Baytown Rosie could also make the most of receiving 5lb from Urban Warrior who is likely to go off favourite again.

1pt win Chief Editor<br>1pt win Baytown Rosie<br>

1st Chief Editor 10/1<br>2nd Urban Warrior 3/10??? (There’s some thick punters out there)<br>3rd Diminuto 9/1

Urban Warrior needs further on its pedigree and this was again proved. The winner broke badly from the stalls as well so maybe slightly better than the margin suggests.

+9pts

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.