The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Monday 10 July 2006

Home Forums Tipping and Research Daily Lays And Plays Monday 10 July 2006

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    non vintagenon vintage
    • Total Posts 1268

Having been drifting around in the wilderness that is over-speculative, lazy, pointless punting for a few weeks (salvaged only by a 20p exacta bet on Les Arcs to beat the field three Saturdays ago), I need self-inspiration…

Thus, for this week as an experiment, I will select a ‘simple’ bet each day which totals £6.00, and put my selection(s) on here, keeping track of how I do safe in the knowledge that -£30.00 at the end of the week is far from disastrous.

2:45 Bath<br>To start the week, a moderate seller which wouldn’t appear to harbour any superstars in the making.

Fly Time has started to disappoint badly, but ran much her best race here and a return to the minimum trip should suit.

Diminuto ran a bit of a quiet race last time, but will be staying on better than most of these and, along with Fly Time is one of only two runners who has ever posted a half-decent speed figure.

River Rosie has run two poor races on dirt after showing distinct promise on her turf debut and her ‘898’ form figures should mean a decent price follows, even if another furlong wouldn’t go amiss.

Cookies Quiff is a debutant from the JS Moore yard which also has one of the favourites in the contest. Given John Egan’s recent record for the yard (including a 33/1 fto maiden winner last week), there is every chance that this is the more fancied runner and his breeding offers some hope for a bit of speed.

With an acknowledgement that the Millman yard is 6/32 with 2yos here, albeit tempered by a much poorer record in 2yo sellers, there don’t appear to be any other horses with rock solid claims, so this quartet will do for me…

FLY TIME (estimated SP 10/3f)<br>DIMINUTO (11/2)<br>RIVER ROSIE (11/1)<br>COOKIES QUIFF (10/1)

12 x 50p Exacta Combination = £6.00

<br>Today

schumi
    • Total Posts 166

a lucky 15<br>5 acc for me<br>Libor (bath)<br>Bonne Noels (Ross)<br>Albertinelli (Ros)<br>Alambic (Muss)

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

I’ve been waiting for Hammer of The Gods (9.05 Windsor)  to run over 6f on turf. He looks on a really good mark based on his all-weather mark and has excuses for his 2 average runs on turf this year (drawn on wrong side at Nottingham and needing further at Brighton). He looks ideally berthed from a high draw at Windsor in the last tonight and should make a bold bid.

Grey Desire
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1877

Shame sellers aren’t tricast races NV,nicely done!!

PerpetualPerpetual
    Participant
    • Total Posts 432

Not bold enough Mr DJ…

Was at Windsor tonight & made him my nap so lumped on accordingly. Only saving grace was I missed the queues in the carpark!

p.s. My 6 yr old could have called the race better that Cattermole.

non vintagenon vintage
    • Total Posts 1268

Thanks GD. A nice start but yes, no tricasts and nowhere near enough in the trifecta pools to make it worth playing…

1st – River Rosie (8/1)<br>2nd – Fly Time (5/1)<br>3rd – Cookies Quiff (14/1)

Ex. £51.00

Balance +£19.50     (or +3.25pts)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.