The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Midlands National 2012

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Midlands National 2012

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    strawbear
    Participant
    • Total Posts 229

3m h/c hurdle Haydock 18th feb,

Sunnyhillboy btn 38l – wins Kim muir

Alfie sherrin btn 27l – wins JLT chase

Cape tribulation btn 21l – wins Pertemps final

Tamaranbleu btn 14l ?

jockey Tom Bellamy taking off 10lbs is 2 wins from 2 chase rides for David Pipe. 16/1 seems big in a very poor race.

Any thoughts ?

rich1985
    • Total Posts 1220

Interesting stats there, certainly the best horse in the race, jockey is very inexperienced but if Pipe has faith then I’m sure he’s good enough…Connak would be my choice, not too many miles on the clock and good pilot (was astonished when Francombe dissed him when falling off Cotton Mill yesterday).

It’s interesting that Carberry stays in the UK to ride Another Palm, must hav a chance as well.

msercs
    Participant
    • Total Posts 164

Interesting stats there, certainly the best horse in the race, jockey is very inexperienced but if Pipe has faith then I’m sure he’s good enough…Connak would be my choice, not too many miles on the clock and good pilot (was astonished when Francombe dissed him when falling off Cotton Mill yesterday).

It’s interesting that Carberry stays in the UK to ride Another Palm, must hav a chance as well.

I am so glad that somebody else picked up on a ridiculous comment from John Francombe. It would have made no differance who had been on Cotton Mill, when a horse jinks like that at speed there is nothing any jockey can do. I think the comment was put the amateur back on – I was gob smacked!

Im glad Denis made him eat his words with a peach of ride on Cape Tribulation today. Top class jockey.

Echo your other thoughts for Connak – great chance on Saturday.

Martin

Wilts
    Participant
    • Total Posts 191

A couple of small wagers on both of Jonjo’s horses for me – that’s it for now – need a breather after this week.

robnorth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5937

Posh Bird was my idea of the winner. She’s proved decent since being stepped up to extended trips. However, she’s too short a price now for me.

My quiet one in this is HONOURABLE ARTHUR, not disgraced over 3m 5f and hinting that this trip won’t be a problem. Trained by one of my favourites in Vic Dartnall, this one is lightly raced but has a fair win record. Backed at 26 on Betfair.

Rob

Grimes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1890

Maringo Bay’s form seems outstanding.

BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9284

Posh Bird was my idea of the winner. She’s proved decent since being stepped up to extended trips. However, she’s too short a price now for me.

My quiet one in this is HONOURABLE ARTHUR, not disgraced over 3m 5f and hinting that this trip won’t be a problem. Trained by one of my favourites in Vic Dartnall, this one is lightly raced but has a fair win record. Backed at 26 on Betfair.

Rob

I’m with you on this Rob. I was going to back back Posh Bird last night, there were a couple of 10s, and 9s at VC where I intended having my bet. I thought I would be alright leaving it to the morning. Thank god I was on the machine early, I could see the prices were tumbling. I managed to grab some 8-1 with WH at 8.43 am…it was gone 2 mins later. I went back in and grabbed some 7-1 with VC, which didn’t last long either. The best left now is 11-2.

I backed her in the Eider, where she ran a great race and I thought she looked the winner from about 1 mile out….until the last few yards when Denis O’Regan rode a perfect race on Portrait King and nicked it.

Posh Bird has gone up 5lbs for that race, but with Lucy Alexander taking the 5lbs back off, she has to have a great chance off 10st. I hope we are both celebrating around 3.30.

jibsa
    • Total Posts 164

I was at Newcastle for the Eider and I find it unbelievable that Posh Bird didnt get at all competetive today with what I witnessed 3 weeks ago over a similar distance and a tough track like Newcastle.

I had the winner Portrait King then just outstaying her the last 50 yards. Very disapointing run?

BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9284

I agree Jibsa, I thought she was a good thing to be in the shake up at least. I’m afraid the writing was on thw wall from very early on, the horse was never traveling at any time in the race, I don’t think she was ever better placed that 3rd last !!!

It’s one thing getting beat, I think we all know that feeling, but not even getting a run is what pi***ss me off. I can only think that something wasn’t right with the horse. That’s racing I suppose :roll:

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.