The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Matt Chapman

Home Forums Horse Racing Matt Chapman

Viewing 17 posts - 69 through 85 (of 155 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1635

I bet he’s just on holiday. I can’t see any reason he’d be sacked.

no idea
    • Total Posts 684

Rory,

The sport is about opinions and yes sometimes he is way off the mark with his opinions but at times he is spot on and whether one likes his opinion he does say what people are thinking which to my mind is good.

Participant
    • Total Posts 33017

Trouble is when Matt has opinions which seem as though they are to whip up contoversy, which give a false impression about racing.

Sometimes "his" opinions, seem to me as though they are made up just to get people to e-mail in.

Also makes up market movers, some come in just 0.5% and are called "market movers", pathetic, and should know better. If that is a market mover there’d be thirty to fourty movers a day.

Boycey may not have the "personality" of Chapman (thankfully), but he knows a great deal more about betting.

Mark

Value Is Everything
    % MAN
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5104

Boycey may not have the "personality" of Chapman (thankfully), but he knows a great deal more about betting.

Mark

and the way he dealt with the McKeown non-trier at Southwell the other week was excellent.

To the point and no histrionics – I shudder to think how it would heve been dealt with had Tango Man been in the booth.

Indeed I think Sean’s work that afternoon would qualify for "best racing broadcast of 2008" if there were such an award.

Participant
    • Total Posts 1751

The only problem is, if the broadcasters select their personel on the basis of who is most "popular", will that eventually mean we have two topless page three birds in the studio giving out their tips?

Their what ? Oh tips…….

Participant
    • Total Posts 6966

Indeed I think Sean’s work that afternoon would qualify for "best racing broadcast of 2008" if there were such an award.

You could always register your appreciation in the appropriate TRF Award category (if he’s nominated)… 8)

gc

Adoptive father of two. The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

Participant
    • Total Posts 33017

The only problem is, if the broadcasters select their personel on the basis of who is most "popular", will that eventually mean we have two topless page three birds in the studio giving out their tips?

I was told :wink: there is a naked news programme in the states.

What about Zoe Bird presenting Racing "Naked" News.

Is that the type of thing you’d like to see Marble? :lol:

Mark

Value Is Everything
    carvillshill
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2778

Did anyone actually hear what Chapman said about this conditional jockey that has caused all this fuss?

Zorro
    • Total Posts 472

Interesting comparison between the attention paid to Matt Chapman’s suspected disciplining by ATR and McCririck’s confirmed downgrading by C4.
    McCririck must be fuming.

% MAN
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5104

You could always register your appreciation in the appropriate TRF Award category (if he’s nominated)… 8)

gc

Funny you should say that!!!

BTW it is like a morgue here at Kempton – the TRF mob should have no problems finding one another.

Participant
    • Total Posts 33017

LOL, sorry if I came across like a pervert there, but it’s a serious point..

What do you guys want, someone who is likeable, or someone who doesn’t care about being "liked" because objectivity is what they want?

Lydia Hislop doesn’t mind critisizing people, so what is the difference between her and Matthew Chapman?

Apart from the fact Matthew is a cheesy public school boy etc….

IMO
    One (Lydia)’s views are usually well thought out and gives sound reasons for her opinion. The other (Matt) seems to concentrate on sound bytes which are ill conceived. Though he does do a good stable tour.

Mark

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6966

BTW it is like a morgue here at Kempton – the TRF mob should have no problems finding one another.

On my way, Paul! Just got a bit held up at work, but won’t be more than an hour from here. I ‘ope.

gc

Adoptive father of two. The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

Neil Watson
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1376

Saw the first race and noticed a horse being backed from 11-1 into 8-1, Someone must have had a fiver on it and the bookies panicked.

Those AW weather fans must be an ungrateful set of sods, 2 meetings in London today and about 10 men and a dog turn up.

Adrian
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1041

Marble,

I think this is the link you are referring to…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUmVOnjngGs

Participant
    • Total Posts 1635

It’s not Matt’s knowledge or journalism that get’s people’s backs up. It’s his personality and way of speaking. He’s irritating, it’s as simple as that.
    Every time he says a jockey puts in "a million percent" it sets my teeth on edge.

Lincoln
    • Total Posts 5

Hi Guys
    I am new to this forum and this is my first post!!
    I just feel I have to stick up for Matt, I think the guy knows his stuff and I find him really entertaining. I never realised he was so unpopular with the viewers

Alderbrook
    • Total Posts 349

Hi Guys
    I am new to this forum and this is my first post!!
    I just feel I have to stick up for Matt, I think the guy knows his stuff and I find him really entertaining. I never realised he was so unpopular with the viewers

Looks like the CEO of Permatan is bricking himself over the news.

Viewing 17 posts - 69 through 85 (of 155 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.