The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Matt Chapman

Home Forums Horse Racing Matt Chapman

Viewing 17 posts - 35 through 51 (of 155 total)
  • Author
    Neil Watson
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1376

Certainly is a marmite character.

Be honest though if he left you would probably miss him i bet.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

If, as seems possible, Hard Times are prompting something of a change in cool – and events today over at Auntie Beeb suggest they might be – then might Mr Chapman do well to alter his pose of Toys-out-the-Pram (seasoned with playground irony) to something a little quieter?

Admirable though his talents are, fashion is a bad master for broadcasters; and isn’t there just the tiniest sense that Our Matt is starting to sound So Last Year?

David.C.
    • Total Posts 116

My impression of him is, he always seemed to be after that type of Jonathan Ross employment, and was using ATR as a shop window.

I believe he was about as close to getting the elbow as they come about a year eighteen months ago when a number of jockeys complained about him, due to his over use of criticism of them. He certainly toned it down, but only for a while! He did a telephone interview with Tony McCoy, very shortly after those complaints. Tony McCoy’s opening gambit was….."I didn’t think you were still there. I thought you’d been sacked!"

Participant
    • Total Posts 6011

fashion is a bad master for broadcasters; and isn’t there just the tiniest sense that Our Matt is starting to sound So Last Year?

The time is ripe for a return to the understated rounded vowels that are So Nineteen Fifties

Robert Cooper fits the bill admirably on ATR and hopefully the BBC will have the common sense to replace the execrable R Brand show on Radio 2 with two hours of "our kind of music" "from within the David Jacobs collection"

Hello there!

:)

% MAN
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5104

the BBC will have the common sense to replace the execrable R Brand show on Radio 2 with two hours of "our kind of music" "from within the David Jacobs collection"

That would be too much to hope for – I would be the first to tune in.

apracing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3764

It’s a revelation that so many people actually have the sound turned up when watching ATR.

‘Mute’ Chapman – you know it makes sense.

Ugly Mare
    • Total Posts 1294

…for some of us I think, we turn the sound UP only when Matt is ON! :D

Participant
    • Total Posts 3777

I’ve slightly warmed to Mr. Chapman lately. Okay, he can be a right pain in the derrier at times, but his enthusiasm for the game cannot be faulted – and I thought he stood his ground well during the pre – Cheltenham Gold Cup, Kauto v Denman preview/debate – which earned him a few gold stars from me.

Now, Mark Winstanley (aka "The couch" ) – there truly is one major pain in the backside. Loves the sound of his cheeky chappy mockney voice, he does !

When was the last time this blow hard tipped a winner. :?

"Great bet at fifties" hmmm… famous last words :roll: :roll: :roll:

Gambling Only Pays When You're Winning

LUKE
    • Total Posts 271

I would be a big fan of Matt Chapman for two reasons.Firstly he has a habit of getting trainers to give an honest opinion-he brings quality information into the public domain.Secondly -he can be very entertaining.I wouldn’t be a big drinker and I don’t know how many times I have watched him on Stateside without having a bet but at the same time really enjoying the show.
    He is the one man that could transform Ch4 racing on his own.

RobinFromIreland
    • Total Posts 72

I find him thoroughly entertaining.

yorkshirepudding
    • Total Posts 608

He is an anoying blond tit.

Onthesteal
    • Total Posts 1387

He’s like an a child after a gallon of coca-cola. He is silly to the degree that it almost becomes acceptable. I like him but i’m not sure why yet :?

Onthesteal
    • Total Posts 1387

Anyone for Marmite?

Participant
    • Total Posts 32180

Marmite, i don’t love it but also i don’t hate it, which is my opinion of Chapman so i agree with the Marmite’s.

Blackbeard to conquer the World

Ugly Mare
    • Total Posts 1294

dear Matt seems to have been sent on holiday [possibly enforced], so:-

Cheerio, but be back soon.
    I dunno, somehow I’ll miss you
    I love you, that why I
    Say, "Cheerio"…
    Not goodbye.

Don’t be gone long
    Be back soon.
    Give me one long,
    Last look…
    Bless you.
    Remember our old tune…
    Be back soon!

…there – hope it cheered somebody up.

trackside528
    • Total Posts 137

Was that supposed to be a poem, Ugly Mare? 8)

What’s the reason anyway?

Ugly Mare
    • Total Posts 1294

lol…no, just from the musical ‘Oliver’, as sung by Fagin :)

He might have got rapped over the knuckles due to interviews recently with a young Irish jockey, and trainer Don Cantillon, but just a guess.

Viewing 17 posts - 35 through 51 (of 155 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.