The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Masters 2020

Home Forums General Sports Masters 2020

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7621

XANDER SCHAUFFLELE 25/1 Ante post

Been runner up here last year loves big events as well was best player at East lake in Tour Championship last few events had a issue of getting over the line at weekend but these events bring the best out of him every chance go close again.

BROOKS KOEPKA 18/1

Bit bigger in price had injury issues but hope for a good week in Houston last 2 visits in masters seen him 11th and joint 2nd where got to know it much better could of won it he a big event player has long play ok this week worth taking a risk.

JORDAN SPEITH 60/1

Did have form read 2,1,2 also 3rd in 2018 could say a return home simply fave course on tour showed at Charles schaawb still got it the issue though is form on sundays but at prices he not left out.

CAMERON SMITH 100/1

Over last month found form again figures of 38,24,11,4 tell you that but also has form around here to when he was 5th 2 years ago has form in majors a 4th in US open a chance is finding form at the ideal time.

SI WOO KIM 150/1

Former players champ he is got bottle for big events showed in that event he did last year was 21st was 17th last time out in Zozo championship but think do better than he showed here before.

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6489

Joined you on koepka at 16s

Played very well the last couple of rounds looks to be peaking nicely

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6489

Brooks koepka 16/1 £5 e/w 10 places
    Tyrell Hatton 28/1 £2.50 e/w 10 places
    Justin Rose 50/1 £1.25 e/w 10 places
    Rickie fowler 60/1 £1.25 e/w 10 places

Participant
    • Total Posts 2367

Having had a quick look at the odds on skybet (top 11 e/w but admitedily worse odds )Tyrell Hatton 22/1, Morikawa 22/1 ad Tyler Duncan 300/1 stand out as good value, especially Hatton given his current form!

Participant
    • Total Posts 6132

Okay here we o. Masters in November mmmm well that’s life at the moment!!

Have backed six players outright all each way eleven places.

P CANTLAY at 20/1
    T FINAU at 25/1
    J KOKRAK 70/1
    C CONNERS 125/1
    JT POSTON 250/1
    N LASHLEY 500/1

The first three are the ones I really fancy . Cantlay looks ideal for this and if he is close in the last round I hope he keeps his bottle cos that is the one thin with him I am not sure about. Finau is suited by this place and could o well as long a she don’t do his ankle again LOL. And Kokrak looks a cheeky bet and could go vey well here! The other three are each way plays and could sneak into a pace at big prices.
    I looked at the fancied ones and they are obviously going to be there or thereabouts but I didn’t see any value or fun in backing JT or DJ at the prices even though I think they will both go close.

I have also backed Stenson at 50/1 and Mattie Fitz at 16/1 to be top European. I think Mattie will go well here without winning and sixteen’s looks a big price, you could back him at ten to one to be top Brit but only thee places which put me off. Stenson looks to be gradually coming back to form and could be over priced to be top European.
    Top ROW is a market I have also played in backing Cameron Smith at 11/1 and Corey Conners at 22/1 both of which could have chances if the likes of Oosthuizen and Day don’t win it!!

Good Luck Guys and it looks a very interesting few days ahead :good: :good:

Participant
    • Total Posts 2367

THought you’d all be loving Tyrell!! Do you’s think his game isn’t well suited enough to the course?

Webb Simpson another one that catches me eye as an e/w bet, played some superb golf this year and placed 5th at Augusta last time round!

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7621

Added more bets in top markets

Cameron Smith 11/1 top test of world

Jordan Speith 13/2 top former winner

C Champ 10/1 top debutant only missing BigG bets sure he be here soon

Participant
    • Total Posts 2851

Bets finalised. Have a team of 10 to go to war with. 4 bets with the bookies and 5 small nibbles on the exchange. Augusta v MOM 2020. A tournament that has been very good to be over the years and my absolute favourite by a mile. Good luck to everyone punting. Let’s hope we can all come out on top.

Bets:
    – 5 points @ 8/1 – Bryson Dechambeau
    – 2.5 points E/W @ 10/1 – Dustin Johnson
    – 1.5 points E/W @ 25/1 – Tony Finau
    – 1.25 points E/W @ 55/1 – Cameron Champ
    – 1 point E/W @ 16/1 – Brooks Koepka
    – 1 point @ 55.0 – Matthew Wolff
    – 1 point @ 95.0 – Matthew Fitzpatrick
    – 1 point @ 140.0 – Cameron Smith
    – 1 point @ 280.0 – Kevin Kisner
    – 1 point @ 410.0 – Matt Kuchar

– 2.5 points for DJ and Finau both to finish top 10 @ 6/1

25 point outlay

Participant
    • Total Posts 31237

Is it the normal to skim a ball across the water
    and it went in the hole aswell

Blackbeard to conquer the World

Participant
    • Total Posts 31237

It was a practise round
    bloody show off… :yes:

Blackbeard to conquer the World

Participant
    • Total Posts 862

Niall Lyons of Boyles put up the 16/1 about any player scoring a 62 or lower any round as his bet of the tournament in the RP today, saying it’s an “absolute monster”.

No surprise to see it cut considerably with any bookie pricing up that market but Unibet have been slow to cotton on and are somehow offering 20/1, albeit maxing me at £20.

Participant
    • Total Posts 12715

I saw that Nathan, Jon Rahm skimming it over the water at the 16th hole, and
    holing it :wacko: I’ve never seen anything like that in my life. I bet he
    could have 10,000 goes at it and never do it again.

My picks just coming up.

Participant
    • Total Posts 862

Pretty sure Kaymer did it there a few years back too. They hold a special event where loads of them try it

Participant
    • Total Posts 1311

Schauffele 14/1
    Westwood 100/1
    Leishman 175/1
    Cantlay 25/1
    Morikawa 33/1
    Rose 50/1
    Fowler 60/1

Schauffele win all the others e/w

Participant
    • Total Posts 2367

Done all my bets EW on skybet, have gone for – Tyrell Hatton, Brooks Koepka, Shane Lowery, Ian Poulter, Jazz Jaza(can’t remember the rest of his name but he’s 500/1, ive also gone for some 20 year old Chinese matey Xin Yinlao or something like that at 1000/1 he has a cool name and if a randomer is ever gona win it then this is the year!

Best of luck everyone fingers crossed for us!!!

Participant
    • Total Posts 2367

OK my Chinese guys called Yin Luxin not bad considering I was high as a kite when putting the bets on last night

Participant
    • Total Posts 12715

Antepost – Sungjae Im 50/1 Available at 80/1 :wacko:

I thought I was being a bit ahead of the crowd when I bagged Sungjae at 50/1 last March.
    He was in a rich vein of form at that time, he won the Honda Classic and was 3rd in the
    Arnold Palmer Invitational that month, but unfortunately after the lockdown he’s not looked
    the same player. There maybe was a ray of hope last month when he finished T13 in the
    Shriners Hospitals for Children Open. Not much I can do but hope he finds a bit of form,
    he’s very capable if he does.

Tyrrell Hatton 28/1 (30/1 1st round leader market)

He seems to be a popular pick on this thread, and with good cause. He’s always been a good
    player, but it’s mentally he’s improved so much. He’s realised that he deserves to be up
    there with the big guys. His win at the BMW PGA Championship, his T3 in the CJ Cup last
    month and his T7 last week in the Houston Open have him at the top of his game. I cannot
    see him not being involved in this come Sunday.

Patrick Cantley 25/1 (33/1 11st round leader market)

He looks like the best horses for courses guys who’s the most in form. He was T8 in the
    Shriners Hospital Open last month and last time out was winner of the Zozo Championship
    finishing with a terrific 65 (his 2nd of the tournament). He’s taken a couple of weeks
    off to hone his game for this and the way he played over the weekend last year, with a
    12 under par Sat/Sun (64 + 68) for T9 was senational. If he can repeat that weekend form
    he probably wins this.

Hideki Matsuyama 25/1 (40/1 1st round leader market)

He seems to have been around forever, but he’s only 28. He’s been over this course
    (8 times) with 4 top 20s. He goes into this probably in his best form before the
    start of this tournament after T2 in the Houston Open, with a near perfect last
    round 63. He must fancy his chances of being the 1st Japanese player to win the
    Masters, if he does he will be like a God back home.

Sebastian Munoz 150/1 (90/1 1st round leader market)

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, this guy is a better player than he
    gets credit for and as I said on his last appearance, the bookies have got him all
    wrong. Not that I’m complaining as I netted 55/1 with him being the outright
    1st round leader in the Zozo Championship last time out. This is new territory for
    him, but he’s taken a couple of weeks off and I hope he’s been round the course a
    good few times to get a feel. To be honest I’m not sure how he would be on a final
    round if he were right up there in contention, but at 150/1 I’m happy to take the
    chance.

That’s me done, I hope we get a shedload of winners this week. Best of luck guys :good:

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.