The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Martin Pipe 2023

Home Forums Archive Topics Cheltenham Archive Cheltenham 2023 Martin Pipe 2023

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    • Total Posts 14971

Always like a decent sized Antepost bet in this, once NRNB comes, and one of my favourite betting races of the week.

Sitting it out though, as just far too many in there catching the eye.

One of them, Sa Fureur, runs today in The Michael Purcell Memorial, and I almost took the 20’s for him. He’s got other entries though, and given I think he could easily run outwith handicaps. I think he could be a lot shorter this afternoon for this.

His stablemates Cool Survivor, Riaan, Three Card Brag, and Felix Desjy all appeal too, and throwing in the likes of Benson, Scaramanga, Faivoir, and Timeforatune, and not to mention the number of multiple entries, then common sense is kicking in (for once), and I’ll leave it until the day this year.

ham
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3467

American mike @15s for me, given what gordon thinks of him, although hes not shown it, will finish midfield on saturday before strolling this

Eamonn1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 23

McTigue for me in this, going for the bonus after winning the morebattle

Avatar photoHe Didnt Like Ground
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5935

Seems Fry is preferring to come here with Might I , I’ll playing him as one of my main hcap picks of the week

Participant
    • Total Posts 3887

I’ve backed Sa Fureur, he took in the race that Gordon sends many of his MP contenders too. I thought Landrake would be the one but they went with SF…

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7543

Firm Footings is nicely bred and a beautiful type of horse. I think he might turn out to be one of Elliott’s best of this cohort once they go over fences, but I also think the handicapper might not be too hard on him this spring and he’s my first bet here at 16s (NRNB handy- he also has a Coral Cup entry though I think he’s not quite savvy and a sharp enough hurdler for that).

Red Rum 77
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4740

Thought I’d do a fun bet on this, Spanish Harlem at 5/1 (nrnb) is the name of an old song back in the 60’s when I was born. Even had the single at one stage.

The best things in life are free.
    But you can give them to the birds and bees.

Autumnal
    Participant
    • Total Posts 570

It’s not very original selections, but I’m splitting my money between Spanish Harlem and Imagine here

• Total Posts 14971

I like the top three a lot here, particularly Cool Survivor. Straight into the notebook for this after his Leopardstown run, but the price went after a good word from Ruby Walsh. I’ll not bet him at current price, but a horse I’m going to be following next year.

I’ve been following the Greenall/Guerriero yard this year, and their Iroko is my first bet at 8’s. Weight hike from last run, but he ought to handle that.

The second pick is Felix Desjy. He definitely doesn’t have the profile you want in this, but he’s a horse I’ve bet regularly the last two three years, and I at least know he’s in good heart.

Happy to have three in this, as I love the race, and it was nearly West To The Bridge. However Spirit of Legend who just looks too big at 28’s for an in form yard, got the call.

Felix Desjy EW 6pls
    Iroko 8’s
    Spirit Of Legend 28’s

Participant
    • Total Posts 1035

Spanish Harlem seems like a typical graded horse by Mullins who hasn’t shown it yet. Backed him. Also like Irish Hill. His win at Ascot was very convincing and the handicapper hasn’t been too harsh. Should have more to offer.

Spanish Harlem 6/1
    Irish Hill 14/1 EW

Participant
    • Total Posts 7473

Small stake territory and you can be damned sure the Irish have some lightly raced improvers. However, West To The Bridge is running well and progressed to win last time, so had a nibble at 50.0 on Betfair.

Participant
    • Total Posts 1759

Irish Hill
    Buddy One

Last race, just for fun. Small stakes.
    :good:

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7667

I threw a dart at Cool Survivor. Ew 5 places.

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7543

Topped up on Firm Footings ew and added Haxo and Au Fleuron at good ew prices as well. Good luck everyone, enjoy the last race :good:

Participant
    • Total Posts 1656

Buddy One each way.

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7667

Wd VTC

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7543

VtC rounds off a fantastic week- well done :good:

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.