The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Mares Novice Hurdle

Home Forums Archive Topics Cheltenham Archive Cheltenham 2023 Mares Novice Hurdle

Viewing 17 posts - 69 through 85 (of 103 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2367

Good news chaps Luccia is 90/1 on the exchange for the Supreme so it looks a certainty she’ll be coming here!

In typical Ben fashion I’ve lost my betslip (it was with paddypower). Is there any benefit going to the shop in advance and telling them? Or should I just wait until after the race if she wins? Fortunately I posted about the bet on here before placing it so I’ll be able to tell the person behind the counter the day/date it was placed.

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6657

For your own sanity I’d go before

Participant
    • Total Posts 2367

Hahaha yeah that was my thinking too for that exact reason, feel like I’ll be only half cheering her home unless I have confirmation I’ll be getting paid out! The only thing that’s stopped me is the fact that the shop is further away than I’d initially realised, it’s about an hour and a half round trip!

Participant
    • Total Posts 8863

You will get paid out Ben. I have lost a betting ticket before and there was no problem. As long as you know the approximate date and time the bet was placed, they can easily find it on their system. I had to write out a duplicate ticket, presumably so they could compare the handwriting.

Participant
    • Total Posts 32124

It depends if someone has broken into Bens house and stolen his hobnobs and betting ticket and gets to the counter before Ben does

Blackbeard to conquer the World

Participant
    • Total Posts 2367

If they have Nathan then I think we all know who the chief culprit will be! Though he is most elusive so the chances of the man ever being seen, let alone caught are most unlikely!

And Cork thanks, I think I’ll save myself the petrol money and let it ride then.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8863

I would still get down to the shop pronto if she wins, just in case someone else has your ticket. They will pay you if you can state the date, time and details of the bet. But they will not pay out twice if someone has already claimed it.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2367

Nice one CAS, if all goes well I’ll drive down to the shop on the Friday as I won’t be able to get there on the day of the race. Hope I haven’t jinxed it now!

Participant
    • Total Posts 32124

The other thing you could do is phone the shop if its a fair way away.

Blocked
    • Total Posts 12999

Chezza was wondering if anyone could help.

Chezza was in the Sussex area recently and noticed a betting slip on the pavement and naturally picked it up and pocketed it before you could say the word “biscuit.”

Turns out it’s a rather tasty bet on Luccia some presumably disorganised, probably womanising, donut had dropped.

Chezza wants to cash it sharpish if it wins before the true owner annoyingly turns up, so plans to find out which branch it was placed in and actually doorstep the payout window during the race, while leaving the Chezzamobile engine running outside.

If the mare wins and Chezza gets paid out, you can bet 1.01 Chezza will be hightailing it out of the county and back to Hampshire faster than Luccia bolted clear up the hill.

Can anyone see any holes in this hopefully watertight plan?

TIA.

I am "The Horse Racing Punter" on Facebook
    https://mobile.twitter.com/Ian_Davies_
    https://www.facebook.com/ThePointtoPointNHandFlatracingpunter/
    It's the "Millwall FC" of Point broadcasts: "No One Likes Us - We Don't Care"

Richard88
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2849

Ben, former shop employee here (not PP). I’d at the very least alert someone to it, even if it’s their customer services on the phone/email. If Che… some thieving git has it and gets there before you then you may struggle to get paid out. If you can show that you alerted them to this possibility before the event then that makes your case a lot stronger.

If you can get to the shop I’d ask them to print the bet out and sign/date it with a note saying what’s happened. No idea if their software would let them put a note on the system but they must have ways and means of stopping it being paid, I know I would have been able to do that.

Blocked
    • Total Posts 12999

Tough love takes many forms – Richard’s is more sensible than Chezza’s.

Don’t get “Chezzaed” – alert the shop now, as in today.

Richard88
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2849

I’d try customer services or a nearer shop first, save your petrol if you can. We actually had a really good customer services person who would phone the shop occasionally, you’d instantly know the voice and knew things would get sorted.

But whatever you do get something in writing! You can be sure that if someone does have it they’ll be at the counter before they’ve finished saying weighed in.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2367

Thanks for all the advice guys, I’ll ring the shop today when I get the chance and tell them what’s happened.

Chezza’s plan has been well and truly rumbled, you would have gotten away with it too if it weren’t for us meddling kids!

Blocked
    • Total Posts 12999

“when I get the chance”

Why does this phrase fill Chezza with dread?

Good luck, Ben!

Participant
    • Total Posts 2367

I did get the chance! Though the phone number for the shop went straight to an automated message stating paddypower now handle all customer service issues online and not over the telephone lol, so will drive down there tomorrow or Sunday, good excuse to get out in the fresh air at least!

Participant
    • Total Posts 32124

Paddy Power you say Ben?
    I’m surprised they haven’t already payed out on Luccia

skybet going 5/1 on a Shishkin/Luccia double
    I’ve taken the max on that

Viewing 17 posts - 69 through 85 (of 103 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.