The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Marden Court

Home Forums Memorials Marden Court

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4170

Unfortunately another fatality today in the 3.05 at Fakenham. Broke both hind legs and even a circuit later that prick of jockey just prevented him from getting up, since no one else was there to ease the pain. The horse must have suffered like mad with two broken legs underneath him. ***kin unbelievable scenes in the 21st century!!!!
    A total disgrace and as bad as it can get! POOR HORSE

Rest In Peace Marden Court

Participant
    • Total Posts 960

What should the prick of a jockey have done?

Participant
    • Total Posts 4170

What should the prick of a jockey have done?

Kept the horse down and the vet or any other ground staff member should have helped him. Horse was in huge discomfort, but that didn’t matter. The race was more important.

Participant
    • Total Posts 363

The stewards are looking into this incident … it was a TOTAL disgrace … poor poor horse … where was the vet and the screens??? I can’t see why anyone can be saying negative things about the jockey – have you tried to calm a struggling injured horse?? The other posts I’ve seen on other sites are all praising him …

Participant
    • Total Posts 4170

Surely he tried his best while being alone with the horse for some time. The reason why I don’t like Brennan is because he hit Cue Card like a maniac in the KG without giving him time to respond. But it was surely good that he stayed with the horse. Anyway what went wrong there?

Bonanzaboy
    Participant
    • Total Posts 473

This isn’t even mentioned in the RP, apart from the standard ‘fatally injured’ in the results section. Even that calls him ‘lazy’ and mentions that his jumping was less than good. Comes across as quite heartless.

As far as I’ve noticed in the past, Paddy Brennan is one of the jockeys who tries to do his best for the horse – I’ve seen several instances where he’s tried to help a stricken horse. Thankfully I didn’t see this but, given his previous behaviour, would have been surprised if he didn’t try to help Marden Court.

thewexfordman
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1200

Ruby your comments about paddy Brennan are a disgrace.

He immediately after the fall went over to the horse and stayed with him and started patting him on the neck etc to comfort. How you could even suggest he was in any way to blame is idiotic. You seem to nearly enjoy when a horse dies as you have an opportunity to slate people.

Participant
    • Total Posts 4170

Ruby your comments about paddy Brennan are a disgrace.

He immediately after the fall went over to the horse and stayed with him and started patting him on the neck etc to comfort. How you could even suggest he was in any way to blame is idiotic. You seem to nearly enjoy when a horse dies as you have an opportunity to slate people.

Well, his intentions yesterday were good and he shouldn’t have been left alone. But the way he hit Cue Card in the KG makes it hard to believe that he is that much of a gentleman.

Participant
    • Total Posts 363

This topic was reported HOURS ago and is still on …
    No way should the jockey be being slated … he did his best … and how do you actually know what the horse’s injuries were?? are you just guessing? I hope there is a statement soon about what went wrong with the welfare system. I have emailed the course but no reply yet … it should NEVER been allowed to happen. Thankfully the other fallers got up OK – heaven help them if they’d needed the vet …
    The horse’s connections must have been even more distraught to see no help coming immediately … commiserations to them, in particular his lad/lass …

Participant
    • Total Posts 4170

This topic was reported HOURS ago and is still on …
    No way should the jockey be being slated … he did his best … and how do you actually know what the horse’s injuries were?? are you just guessing? I hope there is a statement soon about what went wrong with the welfare system. I have emailed the course but no reply yet … it should NEVER been allowed to happen. Thankfully the other fallers got up OK – heaven help them if they’d needed the vet …
    The horse’s connections must have been even more distraught to see no help coming immediately … commiserations to them, in particular his lad/lass …

So you reported the topic just because you want to hide the incident, or what?
    The injuries were quite obvious or do you think the horse was just too lazy to get up?

Participant
    • Total Posts 4170

Hit the 1st fence, overjumped the 2nd, was okay at the 3rd, belted the 4th, sluggish at the 5th and was pushed into a bad jump at the 6th which he hit extremely hard so that his pelvis was smashed into pieces.
    The course commentator was complaining about him all the time!!!! So what do you want me to call the jockey that should have pulled him up????
    Amateur or what?

thewexfordman
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1200

Changing your story now. If you wrote this post with that as your main issue then you would have mentioned it in your opening post. And your simply speculating on the horses injuries. How in God’s name do you know that anything happened the horse’s pelvis? Or even that both his legs were broken. Your only guessing.

Participant
    • Total Posts 4170

Come on, the broken pelvis with the legs hanging down was 100% the cause. How stupid do you think that people are? Do you need special explanation for that? What is more important to you?
    The poor horse or the “poor” jockey?

Bonanzaboy
    Participant
    • Total Posts 473

This is horrible. Can we call a halt to it please?

Participant
    • Total Posts 4170

This is horrible. Can we call a halt to it please?

Are the facts so unacceptable for you? I haven’t written anything that didn’t really occur.

honeysdad
    Participant
    • Total Posts 168

The OP seems to get a perverse pleasure out if these incidents ,lost count of the times they’ve said they’ve watched the recording of a fatality because they missed it first time round ..who would even do that ? Shows the measure of them

Participant
    • Total Posts 4170

I always watch the racing replay when I get home. Do I need you f****n permission or what?
    I also get that perverse pleasure to watch The Fly beating Jezki with McCoy on. Now how about that?

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.