The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Marble Garden

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Andrew Hughes
    • Total Posts 1904

I note with interest that this animal is entered in the Champion Hurdle, Queen Mother, Gold Cup and for good measure, as he will obviously have plenty left in the tank, the Grand National.

This must clearly be some kind of superhorse and I look forward to seeing him run. I fervently hope I’m not <br>disappointed

<br>

(Edited by Aranalde at 8:18 am on Mar. 6, 2007)

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 36

Marble Garden ran sellings in France last November.Sean Mulryan owned this horse before he had been purchased in a selling.I think it is a funny participation.You should go to see the odds .

Grey Desire
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1877

Fergus Wilson owns it now so expect it to run at least twice at the festival if getting in the races.

zome
    • Total Posts 232

No horse should have to race more than once in the space of 4 days…  especially not if the ground is like it is.

A simelar Venn Ottery  situation when he raced in the QM and the GC in 2005.  Look where that got him.  <br>

Karly Flight
    • Total Posts 42

according to the trainer there’s no chance of him running in more than one race. the same goes for Sybellius d’Artaix who is entered in both the Gold CUp and Champion Chase.

Grey Desire
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1877

Well Marble Garden is due to run in the Champion Hurdle and Chase:angry:

yeats
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2927

Quote: from dancarter on 9:55 pm on Mar. 6, 2007[br]             Marble Garden ran sellings in France last November.<br>

It was actually a claimer dan but how is this possible, he won a 30 grand chase only 3 months before and 2 60 grand hurdles 12 months before that. Anyone know how much he cost out of that claimer?

Aragorn
    • Total Posts 2208

That is weird! Surely you’d give a horse a bit more time unless there was something wrong with it… Maybe its a clever ploy and he’s actually the next Kauto! Perhaps they’d already paid for the horse and the claim was a gesture?!

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 36

Marble Garden finished only second or third in a little selling.He was sold for about 20,000euros.He did brilliant races a few months earlier.His trainer was Chaille-Chaille ,one of the best trainer in France, and if he entered him in a selling ,obviously, he thought that the horse made his best before.Sean Mulryan has so many good horses that he doesn’t want to keep this ordinary horse.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.