The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

MAJESTIC ROSE

Home Forums Horse Racing MAJESTIC ROSE

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    GodolphinArabian
    • Total Posts 275

Horses can break through the gates and get withdrawn.. Horses can Run for a mile fall over and still can run? :shock: something wrong there!!!!!

sberry
    • Total Posts 1801

I was going to say the same thing and ask if there are any racing vets on here?

The horse shipped the jockey on the walkdown to the track, galloped across the track and through the rails which made it fall over, it then picked itself up and galloped about a mile on the asphalt road inside the track before eventually getting caught.

It was a 6F race.

Unsurprisingly, it was last out, always in rear, never a factor.

Anyone who backed it has proper reason to be well pissed off.

What sort of decision was that by the vet, the trainer said he would not have run it if he thought it was not okay – do trainers influence the vets when they are looking at a horse, where is common sense in these instances?

Not good for the image of racing.

MarkTT
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2802

Horses can break through the gates and get withdrawn.. Horses can Run for a mile fall over and still can run? :shock: something wrong there!!!!!

Crazy that a horse can do all that – especially falling over or crashing into barriers – and yet horses cannot be remounted after the last fence. Isn’t that rule there to protect a horse from possible injury ?
    Also agree about them breaking through a gate.

I have seen horses break loose, run free for a few minutes before being caught and winning the race, but after that….

Needs to be addressed

Purwell
    Participant
    • Total Posts 814

Crazy that a horse can do all that – especially falling over or crashing into barriers – and yet horses cannot be remounted after the last fence. Isn’t that rule there to protect a horse from possible injury ?

Don’t think horses can be remounted at any time now.
    I did not see this incident but agree that if the horse fell after crashing through a rail it should have been withdrawn.

MarkTT
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2802

Don’t think horses can be remounted at any time now.
    I did not see this incident but agree that if the horse fell after crashing through a rail it should have been withdrawn.

I know they can’t, but the argument was they don’t allow a horse to run in a race after falling even when there are no obstacles, why is it different if a horse falls before a race ?

GodolphinArabian
    • Total Posts 275

I agree why would it be diffrent? in fact its even worst when the horse fell on a hard surface :shock:

Eclipse First
    • Total Posts 1569

If memory serves Roushayd won the 1988 Old Newton Cup after breaking loose and having to be retrieved from someone’s back garden. Provided the vet is happy with the horse to run, it should be down to the owner/trainer to decide. When a horse falls during a race there isn’t time to check for its soundness.

Burroughhill
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1636

In this day and age when horse racing is under such scrutiny from animal welfare people, it was rather short sighted and irresponsible IMO to let the horse run.

Just a thought though. If the vet was already up at the start, maybe he didn’t actually see the horse crash out himself, so didn’t realise exactly what had happened. It’s probably worse to witness the incident than to just be told it happened. If he’d seen it himself, maybe he would have had it withdrawn.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.