The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Lough Derg – Tom Scudamore

Home Forums Horse Racing Lough Derg – Tom Scudamore

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Charlie D
    • Total Posts 500

Deserve a nice holiday from connections after that effort

chloed
    • Total Posts 433

bless him, what a battler, cant be too soft at ascot then ! :lol:

LUKE
    • Total Posts 271

Deserve a nice holiday from connections after that effort

Are you forgetting the tasty carrot that the Order of Merit offers.

Charlie D
    • Total Posts 500

It’s only a carrot to humans Luke

Horse has given his all for jockey, Trainer and Owners there and he should be given a nice holiday in return imo

LUKE
    • Total Posts 271

I think we both know that he will be aimed at the OOM and he will get plenty of racing before the end of the season.If he was mine I would definitely go for it.

Perpetual
    Participant
    • Total Posts 432

Trainer says he thrives on racing and will be entered in the Cleeve Hurdle next weekend!

Charlie D
    • Total Posts 500

Trainer says he thrives on racing and will be entered in the Cleeve Hurdle next weekend!

I’m shaking my head at that news tbh Perpetual

There are enough casualties in NH racing without connections greed adding to em

Perpetual
    Participant
    • Total Posts 432

Charlie – I think Luke’s right & he is being aimed at the OOM, so expect to see him running on Saturday

LUKE
    • Total Posts 271

Tell me exactly why it is a disgrace.He is a Grade 1 winner who is entitled to take his chance next week.The Venn Ottery comparison is ridiculous,emotional rubbish.

Fist of Fury 2k8
    • Total Posts 2930

Horse will tell the trainer if he’s ok to run or not.

He did really well and showed how genuine and tough he is, but I wouldn’t get too carried away….had the front horse stayed he would have won by a very long way. The horse never saw out the trip and everything behind was closing not just Lough Derg. If there are a few decent horses in his next race he won’t be carrying my money

chloed
    • Total Posts 433

"Fist of Fury 2k8" wrote: Horse will tell the trainer if he’s ok to run or not.

He did really well and showed how genuine and tough he is, but I wouldn’t get too carried away….had the front horse stayed he would have won by a very long way. The horse never saw out the trip and everything behind was closing not just Lough Derg. If there are a few decent horses in his next race he won’t be carrying my money

to say if the front horse had stayed he would have won by a long way is silly,fact is he didnt and lough won.
    lough is now 2 points ahead of your beloved kauto in OOM ratings, so why don’t you give him more credit.

graysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6965

The Venn Ottery comparison is ridiculous,emotional rubbish.

I wouldn’t quite couch it as strongly as that, but I’d suggest to Triple_Crown that at the time of his demise, Venn Ottery was certainly not being over-raced. Oliver Carter’s predilection for withdrawing horses on account of the going just before racing (have a look at the results for the 2003 and 2004 spring and summer seasons in particular – he must have done hundreds of pounds in fees that way) was always going to ensure that his star would never run 20 times a season or similar.

On his best form, Venn Ottery wasn’t necessarily being over-faced on the day he perished, either. However, the combination of Oliver Carter’s continuous passing of Venn Ottery between trainers (including to and from himself a few times), and the unsettling effect that had had, plus his refusal to believe that his charge needed to be kept racing with a tonguestrap when all around were telling him so, left him with a potentially top-class animal utterly bewildered and short on form and confidence.

gc

The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

LUKE
    • Total Posts 271

Where are the bleeding hearts gone.

Perpetual
    Participant
    • Total Posts 432

Thought he was fantastic yesterday (so did Tom!) and fully expect to see him at Cheltenham, Aintree, Ayr & possibly even Sandown if required

bimble
    Participant
    • Total Posts 77

had the front horse stayed he would have won by a very long way.

If my auntie was a man she’d be my uncle !

Staying races are there to won by horses that stay . Also Lough
    gave 4lbs to Elusive Dream and 8lbs to My Way De Solzen .

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.