The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Lord Transcend's career

Home Forums Archive Topics Lord Transcend's career

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Kotkijet
    • Total Posts 226

I know the horse didn’t die but I wish him the most pleasurable retirement possible.

I was at Haydock when he beat the brilliant yardstick Deano’s Beeno on only his fourth outing. Whilst DB was a dodgy old bugger, it was a magnificent act of boldness on JHJ’s part to even consider putting the delicate grey in such testing company.

The fact I was on at 10/1 is incidental :)

Ever since that gut wrenching victory, Lord Transcend was a reason to watch racing on a Saturday afternoon, even though I probably had better things to do.

On his chase debut, he smashed Strong Resolve at odds of 1/5. A year after, Mark Winstanley called him the worst handicapped horse in training. The Couch was wrong. In three proceeding races, LT gave an example of a horse with all the potential in the world. Similar to Carrick Hill Lad, he leaves us wondering what could have been.

I remember standing near the winners enclosure where the ‘MC’ called Andrea Wylie to the stage. ‘Four runs as an owner, four wins’ to which some old fogey next to me remarked ‘Lucky girl!’

Little did either of us know that this horse was the reason we have such an unquestionable investor in the National Hunt game in this day and age. One seldom seen in a sphere where breeding doesn’t dictate.

Anyways, thanks for the memories Lord Transcend.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.