The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Look who’s pointing!

Home Forums Horse Racing Look who’s pointing!

Viewing 17 posts - 52 through 68 (of 378 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6966

Nice to see the man in black again,although not quite attired in the usual way.

1.01 landed, GD! Don’t worry, as soon as I source some jet black wellies, you’ll be the first to know. :lol:

You unclagged your trainers yet?

gc

Adoptive father of two. The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

Grey Desire
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1932

Aye,just waiting for them to dry.

• Total Posts 4293

I found out last week that a young work colleague lives in Charing, so we might have a go at having a mini works outing to the Charing meeting on Sunday 28th Feb. Doubt many of the Poles or Ghurkas will come along though, which means there’ll likely only be 3 or 4 of us. :lol:

bbobbell
    • Total Posts 591

Any of the pointing experts know how easy it would be to get to Horseheath from Sussex on Saturday via public transport?

Bit of a long shot given all these P2P tracks seem to be in the middle of nowhere :lol:

I’m going. Get a train to Cambridge and then walk to the end of the road straight in front of you when you coome out of the station, turn left and the bus stop you want is the first one you see. You want the bus to Haverhill. Stops in Horseheath village but the track is before you get there, you might be able to persuade the driver to drop you at the layby accross the road from the entrance. £10 a head entrance.

I’ll have details on here and the Jumping for Fun site tomorrow.

bbobbell
    • Total Posts 591

I found out last week that a young work colleague lives in Charing, so we might have a go at having a mini works outing to the Charing meeting on Sunday 28th Feb. Doubt many of the Poles or Ghurkas will come along though, which means there’ll likely only be 3 or 4 of us. :lol:

I always go to that fixture as it is the easiest in the country to get to by train. The station is an easy ten minute walk from the track. Go to the end of station road, turn left and just keep walking The course, which is lovely, is at the next roundabout and the public entrance (£5 to get in) is at the gate in the hedge further up the slight rise to the right. Just cross the road at the roundabout and head right.

Participant
    • Total Posts 441

This is our programme guys.

WHITFIELD Sunday 7 February
    Shoudawoudacouda[ladies] Street Fightin’man[older horse maiden]
    BARBURY CASTLE Sunday 14 February
    Mr Naborro [novice riders]
    TWESELDOWN Saturday 20 February
    Five Seven Live [ladies] Maddies Dream [maiden]
    DUNTHROP Sunday 21 February
    Kimblewick [2m4 maiden]
    HORSEHEATH Saturday 27 February
    Single Player [restricted] Shoudawoudacouda [ladies]
    TWESELDOWN Sunday 7 March
    Mr Naborro [novice riders] Five Seven Live [ladies] Caught in Time [maiden]

Participant
    • Total Posts 7521

ONe of my local trainers, Nick Alexander, has gone out on a limb with the following statement:

‘I am hoping to run in the next 8 weeks so I’m going to set some targets (publicly) and state that I will be deeply unhappy if we don’t have at least 50 runners before the end of April and of those runners (in points and under rules) I expect a minimum of 20% to be in the first two and 40% in the first four’

Since he’s not got the strongest hands to play under Rules I assume he is confident of landing a few prizes in points. I understand that Whispering Moor (pointing newcomer) and Almost Blue (not out of the first two in last 7 attempts) are aimed at Alnwick on Sunday.

Rob

Irish Stamp
    • Total Posts 3176

Thanks Bob – looking forward to my first P2P now, hopefully followed by a second at Godstone on 14th Feb :)

Participant
    • Total Posts 6966

TWESELDOWN Saturday 20 February
    Five Seven Live [ladies] Maddies Dream [maiden]

I’ll be at that one, too. Now, is Maddies Dream on better terms with herself this winter? She went through a wing the last time I saw her, but she’s certainly got the ability to land a Maiden if on her best behaviour.

gc

Adoptive father of two. The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

Participant
    • Total Posts 441

I`d rather be on Five Seven Live

bbobbell
    • Total Posts 591

Thanks Bob – looking forward to my first P2P now, hopefully followed by a second at Godstone on 14th Feb :)

Look out for the fella with the grey coat, glasses, moustache and red rucksack with plenty of black trimmings. That is me do say hello.

Watch the trains as the ones out of Liverpool Street are on bus replacement services but you are fine from Kings Cross and Finsbury Park.

Godstone is a great fun (okay eccentric) track next to Tandridge Golf Club (at the roundabout just after the golf club entrance) I walked it from Oxted station but the final mile is quite a bit of fun uphill. Won’t be going as the buses and trains are on Sunday service and a pain.

Irish Stamp
    • Total Posts 3176

Watch out for the chap in the "Ohio State University" hoodie and jacket – figured that dressing up is out of the question by the sounds of it :lol:

Participant
    • Total Posts 6966

Wherever you all end up this weekend, here are some of the more familiar names entered up around the country;

HORSEHEATH (Cambridgeshire), Saturday
    =====================================
    Big Rob
    Present Glory
    A Few Bob Back
    Petit Lord
    Rydal Park

ALNWICK (Northumberland), Sunday
    ================================
    Dix Villez
    Kandjar D’Allier
    Laertes
    Sonevafushi

BLACK FOREST LODGE (Devon), Sunday
    ==================================
    Cowboyboots
    Southwestern
    Chesnut Annie
    Perouse
    Zabenz

DETLING (Kent), Sunday
    ======================
    Control Man
    Pass Me By
    Presenting Express
    A Few Bob Back
    Ungaro
    Theatre Knight

DUNTHROP (Oxon), Sunday
    =======================
    Crystal D’Ainay
    Ivoire De Beaulieu
    Petit Lord
    Irilut

NORTH CARLTON (Lincolnshire), Sunday
    ====================================
    Roby De Cimbre
    Petit Lord
    Turbo
    Nadover
    Rydal Park
    The King Of Angels

WHITCLIFFE GRANGE (North Yorks), Sunday
    =======================================
    Laertes
    Eliza Doalott

Further details as always on the Weatherbys Chase website.

I’ll be fascinated to hear back how Crystal D’Ainay gets on. Class alone would see him flatten everything in the Ladies Open he’s entered in, and I’ve no particular fears about the 3m5f trip, either. It’s just a case of whether he still fancies it anymore, I suppose. Owners Tony and Jenni Fisher must think so, as he’s still owned by them, albeit moved from Alan King to Hannah Lewis for the purposes of pointing.

If I don’t get to the inaugural Whitcliffe Grange meeting on Sunday, then seeing former Feltham Chase winner Ungaro make his debut for Heather Kemp at Detling instead won’t be too bad an alternative.

gc

Irish Stamp
    • Total Posts 3176

Do they produce a racecard for Point-To-Points and is it possible to view declarations pre-race at all Jeremy?

Irish Stamp
    • Total Posts 3176

Will also be looking out for the Grade 2 placed King Du Berlais should be run in the Mens Open at Horseheath.

Gem1802
    • Total Posts 38

Do they produce a racecard for Point-To-Points and is it possible to view declarations pre-race at all Jeremy?

Yes to both – visit http://www.jumpingforfun.co.uk for the latest entries – available each Friday to non members.
    Declarations are only made a couple of hours pre race but waiting to see what turns up is all part of the fun of pointing!

Irish Stamp
    • Total Posts 3176

Thanks Gem – Jumping For Fun seems to link to the official site so will keep checking back and see how many boxes turn up tomorrow :lol:

Viewing 17 posts - 52 through 68 (of 378 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.